Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

in short, if they release it on both systems, some people will buy it on xbox instead of ps3. Who knows what the number is. But they aren't losing all those xbox people.

What you're saying doesn't make any sense to me at all. Nevertheless, with regards to xbox sales in N.A/Europe is still substantial enough to release it on both systems. But we don't know if Microsoft/Sony has anything to do with it.

Nevertheless, I'm curious to see if they'll release a patch update for the game. And a good one that'll allow my main to be good without relying on OD for wins.

I'm saying that if there is an xbox version, there will be less sales of the ps3 version. When one maker puts out additional products that compete with what they are already trying to sell, inevitably it results in some people buying x instead of y. If x wasn't around, they would have bought y. The total pie is still larger if you sell on every single platform possible, but it is not linear.

Next time I will not use a term that conjures up images of zombies consuming brains... and then does so. :vbang:

It doesn't compete though because in the end, they buy BB no matter which system is on. And having it on more than 1 system increases the possible group of people who can buy it.

that is true. I'm just saying, you can't take 40k xbox sales and 60k ps3 sales and say that's 40k lost sales. Who knows what it is. maybe it is only 20k lost sales.

i.e. 80k people would purchase BB on PS3, but if it's the xbox only 60k do so, cannibalizing the ps3 sales.

Ultimately, this is just something hella simple which everyone already knows which I have just muddied up. oh well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibalization_%28marketing%29

I have a better understanding of what you're saying now.

He just said it poorly. Basically: A lot of people have a 360 and a PS3, so even if they didn't make a 360 version, a lot of 360 owners can still play it anyways. Depending on their demographic, that may mean there are not too many people who are strictly limited to the 360 version. Thus they may not loose many sales. This is hypothetical though.

Except...the Xbox versions don't sell anywhere near that amount.

Look, as a guy who just had his PS3 brick, I'm annoyed about this too, but there's not much we can do besides pick up a PS3 on the cheap when the PS4 comes out.

Brick? What does that mean? I just got my first PS3 a little more than a week ago, I don't want anything bad to happen to it.

If it has to do with the the prior PS3 update [causing the brick state] they have since released a fix for that.

Dudes, why are you worrying? It's not like people will magically stop playing BB online with their PS3s when PS4 is out.

Actually, I don't think the fighting scene on PS3 will get reduced, since the next gen fighting games (Xrd, possibly TxSF) will probably take a while to be out. Most of the shit everyone plays is on PS3.

edit: o i forgot about killer instinct but lol xbox juan

I honestly doubt people will be running to buy the next consoles right off the bat anyway. I still see a lot of life left in the PS3.

I honestly doubt people will be running to buy the next consoles right off the bat anyway. I still see a lot of life left in the PS3.

Nothing at launch that I want to go throw my money in to get one. If they do a release of CP in digital form on PS4 then ill buy it. Until I see a good action/rpg/fighting game on it then it'll just be collecting dust for me.

a new gaming console; therefore it can have all of my money

I'm sorry if I'm being stupid for asking this, but it says Guilty Gear vs BlazBlue yet you can vote for other characters that aren't from those games? And wow at Kagura already being there!

GG vs BB chars?

Uh, I can only visualize the following:

Sol vs Ragnya

Ky vs Jin

ZATO SAMA~ vs Relius / Carl

Potemkin vs Everardo (Tager)

:OS: vs Tsubaki

And that's it.

I was gonna for MGS5, but as soon as it was announced that it was hitting the PS3 I was good on that front.

I think my PS3 will see play for a good couple of years yet.

that is true. I'm just saying, you can't take 40k xbox sales and 60k ps3 sales and say that's 40k lost sales. Who knows what it is. maybe it is only 20k lost sales.

i.e. 80k people would purchase BB on PS3, but if it's the xbox only 60k do so, cannibalizing the ps3 sales.

Of course, then you have people like me who bought the game on BOTH platforms...

Edit: and why are we even discussing the PS4?

GG vs BB chars?

Uh, I can only visualize the following:

Sol vs Ragnya

Ky vs Jin

ZATO SAMA~ vs Relius / Carl

Potemkin vs Everardo (Tager)

:OS: vs Tsubaki

And that's it.

Speaking of that, i have a friend that swears that Tager screams "El Eduardo" :v:

Speaking of that, i have a friend that swears that Tager screams "El Eduardo" :v:

HO EVERARDO TIGER BUSTAH :kitty:

BTW I thought of Slayer vs Azrael. I know people will go anal and say "lolol slayer vs valkenhayn", but those 2 chars have completely different styles

HO EVERARDO TIGER BUSTAH :kitty:

BTW I thought of Slayer vs Azrael. I know people will go anal and say "lolol slayer vs valkenhayn", but those 2 chars have completely different styles

Wouldn't it be Slayer vs. Ratchel?

Wouldn't it be Slayer vs. Ratchel?

Ooooooh hell naw.

I believe he's comparing them based of their play styles, not what they are/their characteristics.

Ooooooh hell naw.

I believe he's comparing them based of their play styles, not what they are/their characteristics.

this bro understands me