Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

As far as the voices, they won't be in English. Sorry guys! I made sure to ask about that one really early on.

Aw, well that kind of sucks. I was hoping we'd get an early preview of the new English VAs. But then again, the game isn't even going to make it to North America until some undetermined date in 2014 so I guess it makes some sense.

A Siliconera interview with Mori for those who are interested. Mostly a retread of the same responses regarding Kagura and Terumi though there are a few interesting little tidbits here and there: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/04/blazblue-chronophantasma-brings-us-80-through-the-blazblue-story-and-other-tidbits/

Why is BlazBlue: Chronophantasma only for PlayStation 3? I understand in Japan, the Xbox 360 market has shrunk, but in North America there are many fighting game fans that play on Xbox 360 using Xbox Live. Why did you make BlazBlue: Chronophantasma a PS3 exclusive here?

I don’t know!

But, it is developed on uniform hardware being made on a PC so it can be ported…

Aksys: That’s a question for Arc System Works.

Minoru Kidooka, President of Arc System Works: That’s an Aksys question. [Laughs]

TM: [Laughs] I didn’t make that decision.

Oh, well THAT clears up the console thing. :I:

I'm not surprised about CP not coming to the Xbox. Don't you guys remember what happened to the PC Players between CT and CS? I'm more surprised about CP not being ported to the PS4.

Well, at least that makes perfect sense over the console thing why CP isn't gonna be on 360, oh well, still have PS3, so its all good. And now to head off to AX and try out CP. :kitty:

I'm trying to look on the positive side of things as a PStriple owner, like the playerbase being larger since all the BB players who are willing to follow the game across (which I imagine is quite a few) will be on PS3 now so hopefully that makes for more people online rather than less.

I'm more surprised about CP not being ported to the PS4.

Unless the console maker is paying you a king's ransom to push something out at release/release window, there's no reason for any develop that "plans" to support the system to just start throwing all of their ducks into an untested market. We already know ARC has plans, we have no idea what they are, just cool your jets :toot:

Is really that hard to say that they don't want to make a 360 version because it will sell like shit?.

Honestly it sounds more like a legal issue now, you rarely skip around the bush like that unless you [contractually] can not say. They're just having alot of fun in telling you who might be at fault without actually saying anything.

They probably don't want to butthurt some people :kitty:

Or they don't want their own butts hurt...

Unless the console maker is paying you a king's ransom to push something out at release/release window, there's no reason for any develop that "plans" to support the system to just start throwing all of their ducks into an untested market. We already know ARC has plans, we have no idea what they are, just cool your jets :toot:

I dunno; Since it's a super easy platform to port to, I am a LITTLE surprised. I guess the real reason is that there's no BENEFIT for them to do it - I expect there won't be that many installed PS4's that don't ALSO have a PS3 in the household for some time, and BB won't be any "Better' on the PS4 and if there's no cross-platform play (no idea how that works with the PS3/PS4) then there would probably be a dangerously low number of PS4 players?

Honestly it sounds more like a legal issue now, you rarely skip around the bush like that unless you [contractually] can not say. They're just having alot of fun in telling you who might be at fault without actually saying anything.

Agreed; They're being super gunshy, which points to some sort of backroom shenanigans. Heck, Mori's answer of "I didn't make that decision" to me hints at "No one here made that decision."

Understand that Mori is a producer, I don't think he's in charge of publishing.

Someone definitely made that decision, it's business, so it's (likely) not a groundless decision.

I'm just surprised because of the fact that near the launch of the PS4 there will be no competition for FG's and come on, we're talking about Arcsys. They love to port anything anywhere.

Or they don't want their own butts hurt...

Two good reasons...

Ok so, Chronophantasma at AX: Mutsuki or no Mutsuki? I'll be flying over on Saturday and I want to know whether I should be getting my hopes up or not.

Ok so, Chronophantasma at AX: Mutsuki or no Mutsuki? I'll be flying over on Saturday and I want to know whether I should be getting my hopes up or not.

No, Kagura is not in the build at AX.

I asked Bo from Aksys and the build at AX is the E3 build, so StayFree was correct on that. Also it's being run on disc, not a HDD. So i'm pretty happy to see the load times looking good. :3

I played sooo shitty today.

I think its because I had pants on :v:

The best reason ever

hitboxes come off the disc right? presumably when we get CP on consoles someone will be able to rip the new hitboxes?

Not sure if it's been mentioned before or not, but in part(s) of Jyosua's stream there's an option for Abyss Mode on the main menu. I don't think it's been reported that the mode has been returning yet, so this is great news for me. Can't wait to mess around with some of the inevitable new abilities and stuff~

EDIT: Also, you can hear a clip of the new Astral theme at 30:10 here - http://www.twitch.tv/jyosua/b/426213418

EDIT EDIT: Longer version at 57:58.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before or not, but in part(s) of Jyosua's stream there's an option for Abyss Mode on the main menu. I don't think it's been reported that the mode has been returning yet, so this is great news for me. Can't wait to mess around with some of the inevitable new abilities and stuff~

EDIT: Also, you can hear a clip of the new Astral theme at 30:10 here - http://www.twitch.tv/jyosua/b/426213418

EDIT EDIT: Longer version at 57:58.

-At the beginning, we can see the official localizations of Bullet's moveset.

-At 41:18, we can see that Mu's new move, Ikutachi, is being localized as Ikutachi Blade.

-Black Onslaught II can be heard in a couple of matches near the end. (We've already heard BO2, but if you wanted another sample, there you go.)

I'm feeling kinda flammatory so I figured I would "translate" some ranking stuff.

■aggregate dan ranking (last 3 rankings)

Jin(165→163→165) Ragna(154→158→163) Taokaka(154→159→162)

Hakumen(158→158→159) Hazama(155→157→159) Litchi(149→151→157) Carl(152→149→155) Valkenhyne(157→156→154) Noel(144→151→153)

Rachel(144→145→148) Relius(143→143→148) Azrael(149→148→148) Arakune(149→143→146) Bang(148→145→146) μ(141→141→146) Platinum(145→144→146) Tager(141→140→145) Bullet(136→140→145) ν(137→141→144) Makoto(137→140→141)

Tsubaki(133→133→136) Amane(132→134→136) Izayoi(128→127→131)

Dan rankings from (5/6→6/2→7/1)

■Ticket Ranking (Gold worth 2 points, Silver worth 1)

Valk 36(7/22)

Taokaka 26(5/16)

Tager 21(5/11) Jin 21(4/13)

Carl 19(4/11) Hakumen 17(4/9) Litchi 16(5/6) Ragna 16(4/8) Tsubaki 16(4/8) Hazama 16(4/8)

Azrael 13(2/9) Bang 12(3/6) μ 12(2/8) Arakune 11(2/7) Nu 10(2/6)

Noel 7(1/5) Platinum 7(1/5) Makoto 5(1/3) Amane 5(0/5)

Rachel 3(1/1) Relius 3(1/1) Izayoi 2(0/2) Bullet 2(0/2)

■ Combined.

SS Valkenhyne (192)

S Taokaka (185)Jin(184)

S- Hakumen(175)Ragna(174)Hazama (173)

A Carl(168) Litchi(167) Tager (161)Azrael (161)

A- Noel(158)Bang(157)Arakune(154)Mu(153) Nu(151) Platinum(151)

B Tsubaki (149) Rachel(148) Relius(146) Makoto(145) Bullet(142)

B- Amane (139)

C Izayoi (129)

I'm feeling kinda flammatory so I figured I would "translate" some ranking stuff.

■ Combined.

SS Valkenhyne (192)

S Taokaka (185)Jin(184)

S- Hakumen(175)Ragna(174)Hazama (173)

A Carl(168) Litchi(167) Tager (161)Azrael (161)

A- Noel(158)Bang(157)Arakune(154)Mu(153) Nu(151) Platinum(151)

B Tsubaki (149) Rachel(148) Relius(146) Makoto(145) Bullet(142)

B- Amane (139)

C Izayoi (129)

It's way too early for tier lists, many good players didn't even played the game. But, anyway, is Valkenhayn still that good?

It's way too early for tier lists, many good players didn't even played the game. But, anyway, is Valkenhayn still that good?

I think we're gonna keep getting this 'it's way too early for tier lists' until BBCP2 is out. Don't be ridiculous. We're 10 months into the game. Anyone good that would factor into this list has played the game.