Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

That's what I assumed but I didn't want to jump to assumptions and state that.

thats my only guess at the moment so I'll have to see gameplay to see if I am right or wrong :)

He does sound a lot more fitting to how I like to play than Hazama. I don't quite have intentions of subbing Terumi, and certainly not maining him, but I do want to try him out.

I use a bunch of characters, but I went from CT Jin main to CS Makoto main, and it's going to be between Azrael or Kagura as main for CP, because Azrael and the bit we've seen of Kagura just look very enjoyable to me. I never drop the other characters though, I just focus on one a bit more because I like this playstyle better. I always base what characters I use based on who I have fun with, not tiers or anything else.

Yes, Story mode was basically another type of mission mode, there were alot of special condition fights, it was AWESOME!!!

Does not compute. We already HAVE THIS. There are lots of special "mission" fights scattered throughout BB story mode. (The Jin segment where he can't draw his sword, Ragna with no drive, blah blah, I'm sure there are others - I'm pretty sure I remember some starting with less than max health.) and we already have "special" intros. Why would we want special intros that ONLY play in story mode? Complete waste of cool animations if you ask me.

Because they're too long for Versus and everyone skips them anyway when playing seriously.

There was an annoying as FUCK one in Carl's CS story mode where you fight Noel with half health, fuck that fight so hard. SO HARD.

Does not compute. We already HAVE THIS. There are lots of special "mission" fights scattered throughout BB story mode. (The Jin segment where he can't draw his sword, Ragna with no drive, blah blah, I'm sure there are others - I'm pretty sure I remember some starting with less than max health.) and we already have "special" intros. Why would we want special intros that ONLY play in story mode? Complete waste of cool animations if you ask me.

The amount and variety compared to XX is laughably low and having special story vs scenes wouldn't be a "waste" as they could enhance the dramatics of scenes which you may not be able to (or want to) express on an average game. It'd be just like have the random animated cutscene play except better since you can make it more frantic since you aren't as restricted = w=

Since [on average] you aren't going to get to enjoy a special vs sequence in normal play anyways, having those extra special scenes played out in story not only make them have more significance but are also in a better environment in which they can actually be enjoyed.

JOne person made a mention about 6B having a hold option but I can't understand it. ;~;

Holding it results in a feint,like litchi's...I dunno,5C? 6C?

More Terumi stuff:

5D:absorbs 15% on hit,7% on guard.

6D:absorbs 35% on hit,FC

623B: can only be followed up in OD

632146D:consumes 5% Heat for every attack,switches to finisher once the heat gauge reaches 0.

Also,terumi apparently has no meterless overheads outside of jump ins.

63214B hits overhead.

There was an annoying as FUCK one in Carl's CS story mode where you fight Noel with half health, fuck that fight so hard. SO HARD.

I explicitly remember that one and the one where Jin can't use Yukianesa. At least Ragna could still INFERNO DIVIDAH without Soul Eater.

Fuck those fights. At the same time, gimme low health story-mode challenges with characters I like to play.

Makoto vs. Izayoi at 25% starting health.

Hakumen vs. Terumi at 10% starting health.

...Ragna vs. Azrael at 1 HP.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

The amount and variety compared to XX is laughably low and having special story vs scenes wouldn't be a "waste" as they could enhance the dramatics of scenes which you may not be able to (or want to) express on an average game. It'd be just like have the random animated cutscene play except better since you can make it more frantic since you aren't as restricted = w=

Since [on average] you aren't going to get to enjoy a special vs sequence in normal play anyways, having those extra special scenes played out in story not only make them have more significance but are also in a better environment in which they can actually be enjoyed.

If story mode intros do get in CP, really hoping they can be skipped, unlike in GG.

Sure they were cool to look at but after losing to Boss Order Sol 100000 times and seeing that intro 100000 times, it got annoying lol.

Holding it results in a feint,like litchi's...I dunno,5C? 6C?

More Terumi stuff:

5D:absorbs 15% on hit,7% on guard.

6D:absorbs 35% on hit,FC

632146D:consumes 5% Heat for every attack,switches to finisher once the heat gauge reaches 0.

63214B hits overhead.

Oh boy. He still looks amazing but damn lol.

Someone on JBBS claims Terumi's theme is Endless Despair... I am disappointed if that's the case; I was hoping for a new theme since Endless Despair II did end up existing for Unlimited Hazama in BBCP.

Is that including j.D and j.2D?

I explicitly remember that one and the one where Jin can't use Yukianesa. At least Ragna could still INFERNO DIVIDAH without Soul Eater.

Fuck those fights. At the same time, gimme low health story-mode challenges with characters I like to play.

Makoto vs. Izayoi at 25% starting health.

Hakumen vs. Terumi at 10% starting health.

...Ragna vs. Azrael at 1 HP.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

How about this: You're Ragna at full health. Your opponent has 1HP.

The opponent is a Hakumen that has OD and knows optimal combos.

Someone on JBBS claims Terumi's theme is Endless Despair... I am disappointed if that's the case; I was hoping for a new theme since Endless Despair II did end up existing for Unlimited Hazama in BBCP.

If that's right, then I'm shocked I called it a long time ago.

EDIT: No standing overheads for Terumi? Yikes, I hope Arc fixes that before the game comes out.

Thank goodness lol. There's at least one foreseeable weakness at least.

How about this: You're Ragna at full health. Your opponent has 1HP.

The opponent is a Hakumen that has OD and knows optimal combos.

Don't get air-grabbed lol. That or bet the farm on 5B/ID like a true Ragna.

No standing overheads for Terumi? Yikes, I hope Arc fixes that before the game comes out.

I saw that coming. Similar to Amane's gameplay he has left/right mixups. With his meter steal he can fund his use of Crush Trigger to break people open. Also lets not forget he has a command grab and a command grab DD. :TER:

I saw that coming. Similar to Amane's gameplay he has left/right mixups. With his meter steal he can fund his use of Crush Trigger to break people open. Also lets not forget he has a command grab and a command grab DD. :TER:

Ok that actually makes sense. Can't believe I forgot about Crush Triggers.

63214B hits overhead.

No follow-up for 623B... but the whole reason why Houtenjin is so amazing is because of the ridiculous amount of damage you can get out of it from the follow-up combo D:

A character without overheads outside of DDs, what is this witchcraft?

Edit: Oh wait, Amane doesn't have any overheads either so I guess he's not the first character without overheads.

They were special VS intros only used in Story mode, XX they were rad in AC+ they were kinda "Eh"

Oh damn, I forgot all about that Dizzy vs. Gold I-no fight. That fight, was fucking silly buns. Even on the lowest difficulty, Gold I-no could tear you a new air-hole within 4~8 seconds depending on her hidden Angry Bitch AI Counter. Even the Story FAQ guide (GGXX was the first 2D fighter I owned) was essentially: "Yeah...good luck pal. You're going to need it". Still, that was a fun nostalgia trip. It would be nice if CP could do this but I'm not holding my breath for them since BB Story Mode usually skips intros altogether.

On the subject of Terumi, I wonder how soon before we get some player footage? Did ASW tighten their security considering he's DLC?

I can see Terumi being an colossal pain in the rear for any character without decent defensive tools on the account of that he not only drains meter on block, he also has more of a reason to abuse Crush Triggers more than any other character (assuming his CT isn't really crappy).

Don't forget that he also has a command grab that drains heat.

I can see Terumi being an colossal pain in the rear for any character without decent defensive tools on the account of that he not only drains meter on block, he also has more of a reason to abuse Crush Triggers more than any other character (assuming his CT isn't really crappy).

Don't forget that he also has a command grab that drains heat.

Inb4 ragna gets a special command grab that ain't a distortion that steals health??? :/ (no the 2,2,C is not what I mean here)

Inb4 ragna gets a special command grab that ain't a distortion that steals health??? :/ (no the 2,2,C is not what I mean here)

That's actually not a bad idea. He already has Devoured by Darkness as a super grab so a regular, command special that steals health sounds fair.

This is like, inside out logic; If no one watches intros in versus play, there's even LESS Reason to make them 'story only' because if you act on the assumption that everyone will skip them, then you might as well put them in. AND, to spin it around, if people skip the intros all the time, then ALL intros are "story mode only" :P

This whole idea still sounds like a waste of time to me. If you're going to make intros, you should A) Make them with the assumption that they will be watched (Go figure) and B) Give people opportunity to do so. Not make them "special easter eggs" that get seen until you beat that fight and then never heard from again. I think Arc made the right decision not including any of these.