Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

I guess this counts. If the timestamp doesn't work, it's 1m in. Kaqn activates OD, and then blocks a burst.

I guess this counts. If the timestamp doesn't work, it's 1m in. Kaqn activates OD, and then blocks a burst.

Thank God, I kept seeing people get blown away by the Burst after their OD cancels so I was starting to doubt whether it actually worked or not lol

It only worked because of the additional Counter Hit hitstun.

Under normal circustamces, say 5B > 5C > (ODC), you would get blown away.

CP not getting released for 360 actually shouldnt matter much since the game should be coming out in Q1 2014 in the U.S., so ps4 and x1 would be out, and i doubt that Arcsys will make another BB game for xbox anyway. Plus with all the rage and people abandoning xbox, all arcsys should worry about is playstation in a financial sense.

I agree with this, more or less, besides, I've already double dipped from CT-CS:Extend for both systems, so yeah, I know (not) having it on 360 would have been good and all, but at least it makes sense $-Wise and also the Online Community for fighters are more geared towards the PS3.

I'm almost 90% sure that people predict the Burst in CP as opposed to reacting to it but there are times where it really does seem like they've reacted to it.

I've actually never seen someone bait a Burst with an OD cancel, they always end up getting hit by the Burst. It should be possible given the fact that an OD cancel has 5 frames of recovery and a Burst has a 6F start-up, not to mention the hit-stop from the previous move that landed. Do you have a link to that? I'm beginning to think that ODs lose their invincibility if used to cancel something.

More than getting hit by bursts i've just seen people just not be affected by the Burst even though they are inches away from them. Was there any explanation to that?

More than getting hit by bursts i've just seen people just not be affected by the Burst even though they are inches away from them. Was there any explanation to that?

I haven't really seen this, do you have any examples?

Perhaps the money situation is why Aksys isn't localizing it? Perhaps Aksys charges too much, or won't take it? If so, ugh. I do not except good things from ArSystem's localization. They make a good game, but is EXTEND and AC+ is anything to go by- nope.

That's just Relius' special though. He's not getting hit by burst because he's invulnerable during the move. Not sure what you mean by bursts getting missed if that's what you meant, Sticky.

Throw is the only thing I know of that beats Led Ley.

Throws and there are a few frames of recovery where you can be hit. But yah, all of those videos are just Relius using the invul on Led Ley to make the burst do nothing.

It only worked because of the additional Counter Hit hitstun.

Under normal circustamces, say 5B > 5C > (ODC), you would get blown away.

are you sure? overdrive cancel total duration is 6f, thats the same startup as burst, and if youre in hitstun, overdrive cancel blocks out your burst. So if he was to burst before the cancel it would just whiff, and if he was to do it any later, it wouldnt work because of overdrive blocking out bursts. in that video clip with kaqn, the burst starts up before the overdrive cancel, coupled with the counterhit hitstop +, you get a burst that "can be blocked", but usually the burst shouldnt even be capable of connecting

Oh yeah, that's right.

It's because I've seen people getting hit by bursts during the OD cancel, but I guess my example wasn't the most accurate portrayal of that.

Would probably only happen if the ODC is delayed or cancelled from a JC.

Speaking of ODC from a JC, I'm slightly curious. I'm assuming that like OMB from P4A all aerial momentum will be cancelled, but will the character doing the ODC still be able to perform aerial maneuvers afterwards? Like a second jump or an aerial dash. I've seen a Bang combo video do it, but I mean it's Bang going into FuRinKhaZan, normal mobility no longer applies at that point.

Speaking of ODC from a JC, I'm slightly curious. I'm assuming that like OMB from P4A all aerial momentum will be cancelled, but will the character doing the ODC still be able to perform aerial maneuvers afterwards? Like a second jump or an aerial dash. I've seen a Bang combo video do it, but I mean it's Bang going into FuRinKhaZan, normal mobility no longer applies at that point.

Well Haku-men still has momentum going from his TK Tsubaki>Hotaru>Air Dash>OD, without actually going into an ODC and he can still perform his j.C and the like. Though, that's the most prominent example I can think of as his OD combos are sturdy like a brick shithouse and hurt like being rammed face-first into one. Most other players I see very rarely use OD or ODC during aerial maneuvers. If they ever do use the OD, it'll likely be done on the ground.

Yes, at least this is the case with Ragna's OD.

And by cancelling a JC with OD, I mean the character cancelling the startup of the jump animation, where he doesn't even leave the ground, into an OD. This makes OD last longer.

Yes, at least this is the case with Ragna's OD.

And by cancelling a JC with OD, I mean the character cancelling the startup of the jump animation, where he doesn't even leave the ground, into an OD. This makes OD last longer.

That works? That's interesting.

If by making OD last longer, you mean that cancelling the jump cancel startup into OD gives you a full duration OD (non-cancelled), wouldn't that also imply that the OD should have the full 16 frames of invulnerable startup?

Seeing as how bursts have 6 frames startup and 2 frames active, unless the opponent is stuck in some sort of insane amount of counterhit hitstop, I'm fairly sure the burst would just whiff through the OD startup.

As far as using OD cancel to bait bursts goes, I'm under the impression that if both the defender's burst and the attacker's OD cancel occur as soon as possible, the burst will win. Going by the frame data on the wiki, OD cancel is 1+5 (I'm assuming this means 1 startup, 5 recovery, and not 1 before superflash, etc.), while burst is 6 frames of startup and 2 frames active (ie: hits on frame 6). The attacker will still be in the 1+5 frames of OD cancel and will get hit by the first active frame of the burst.

Actually, I've seen that happen with moves that move the attacking character forward such as Plat's 6B or Heart Car, Jin's 214D(1), etc.

I'll have to pay attention next time I see that and provide a link to it as I don't have a link for such examples at the moment.

That's whacky lol, I wonder if ARC is aware and if they have any plans to fix it if it still persists.

Since you said "when CP was first around" and the arcade ver has received minor updates, does this still happen in the current version?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCqtUJEdsnM#t=4m15s

I remember it happening when i was watching videos when CP was first around. Thats the only example i got at the moment.

I think this happens quite fast so I went frame by frame to see what happened. What it looks like to me is that he was near max distance of his 5D when he cancelled into Hell's Fang, so his animation actually put him JUST out of the bursts' range before it activated.

I took a screencap. http://imgur.com/HS3zxF2

EDIT: Here is the split second after the bursts' active frames are over. http://imgur.com/9QuYkJI

I think it just happens so fast that it looks like the burst didn't do anything, but I think this is legit.