Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

I think this happens quite fast so I went frame by frame to see what happened. What it looks like to me is that he was near max distance of his 5D when he cancelled into Hell's Fang, so his animation actually put him JUST out of the bursts' range before it activated.

I took a screencap. http://imgur.com/HS3zxF2

EDIT: Here is the split second after the bursts' active frames are over. http://imgur.com/9QuYkJI

I think it just happens so fast that it looks like the burst didn't do anything, but I think this is legit.

Wow...that's actually pretty funny, because I'm pretty sure that almost unintentional on Kaqn's part.

Wow...that's actually pretty funny, because I'm pretty sure that almost unintentional on Kaqn's part.

Nah, Kaqn knew. He's a god

Hey guys, I dunno if this hasn't been posted anywhere else yet, but...Pre-Orders for the English version of CP is now up, $50, price seems steep a bit high from both CS's back then, but what can you do, hoping and waiting for the LE/PO bonuses later on if possible. Also, Release date says Mar. 25th, but that might be just a placeholder for now. Seems amazon has it up for the moment, nothing on other retailers yet. :kitty:

http://amzn.to/16pbcd9

March 25th?!

That's like a kick to the chest. Really painful.

Like I said, placeholder, but since they did mention 1st quarter release of next year, it may seem likely.

The page says that the game has two downloadable characters....

Probably just a mistake, move on everybody :v:

(Posting due of inb4)

O~hey March 25th is my Birthday :D

This is clearly a sign!

The page says that the game has two downloadable characters....

Probably just a mistake, move on everybody :v:

(Posting due of inb4)

Unless they'll be unlock keys/DLC like in CT, but you never know, lol. :v:

O~hey March 25th is my Birthday :D

This is clearly a sign!

A sign of things to come perhaps. :kitty:

People should really read before overreacting...

"New Characters - Chrono Phantasma will introduce five new characters and two new downloadable characters, bringing the roster list to 25!"

With the 2 dlc's it totals to 25. With Kagura and Terumi added made the roster 25. #Math #Got #em #Gotem

Unless Kagura is both 5th new character AND the second downloadable character, then you come across a problem. Because 19 already existing + 5 new + "two" downloable = 26. So as I said, probably a mistake, move on.

March 25th? So that makes it, 5 months or so after the JPN version. Yeah, this is going to be very, very painful for those of us who can't import. What's more is that the date is very likely just the placeholder date as NeoStrayCat stated and we could end up waiting even longer than that. I don't understand, how could Calamity Trigger and Persona 4 Arena be localized in a relatively timely manner (5 days to a week apart from the JPN release date), yet from CS onward we've had to wait months?

March 25th? So that makes it, 5 months or so after the JPN version. Yeah, this is going to be very, very painful for those of us who can't import. What's more is that the date is very likely just the placeholder date as NeoStrayCat stated and we could end up waiting even longer than that. I don't understand, how could Calamity Trigger and Persona 4 Arena be localized in a relatively timely manner (5 days to a week apart from the JPN release date), yet from CS onward we've had to wait months?

About thirty hour story line, complete re-voicing, not reusing the same parts because of continuum shift and not to mention all the translating and translating and translating it all.

@Blackwing

You could be right, there...Stuff like this takes a while, and if that Aksys Localization thing (panel from AX) is anything to come by, yeah, its a lengthy process. Even though I've heard/read that ASW is doing the localization themselves anyways (well, with the help of Aksys, of course).

About thirty hour story line, complete re-voicing, not reusing the same parts because of continuum shift and not to mention all the translating and translating and translating it all.

I think you missed what I was getting at. CT was a brand new 2D fighter, with a lot of work put into it and the localization still arrived in 5 days to NA. Similarly P4A was also a brand new 2D fighter and it still came to NA within a week (save for the 9 month wait EU had to endure because EU gets shafted all the damn time :v:). CS reused a good portion from CT yet somehow arrived a month later in NA than in Japan. Extend though was damn near a copy-paste of CS yet somehow arrived 3 months to NA than Japan. CP is going to be a minimum 5 month wait but it has the excuses you mentioned going for it. So what happened in the CS era that caused it to be released much longer than CT?

I think you missed what I was getting at. CT was a brand new 2D fighter, with a lot of work put into it and the localization still arrived in 5 days to NA. Similarly P4A was also a brand new 2D fighter and it still came to NA within a week (save for the 9 month wait EU had to endure because EU gets shafted all the damn time :v:). CS reused a good portion from CT yet somehow arrived a month later in NA than in Japan. Extend though was damn near a copy-paste of CS yet somehow arrived 3 months to NA than Japan. CP is going to be a minimum 5 month wait but it has the excuses you mentioned going for it. So what happened in the CS era that caused it to be released much longer than CT?

Because Arcsystems is doing the localization, and apparently they're terrible at it.

LOLOLOL

Trust me, for releases with shorter localization processes, they don't wait till the END of the master to start. Games with releases like CT and CS are planned for international releases pretty much from the get go, I can imagine the schedule for CSE lagging behind for numerous reasons [in-house localization, no doubt requiring new staff, planning huge pricing deficit---CSE was released as a higher end release (around $70~80) while here in the states the charged us a more budgeted price at $39.99---and working out new agreements with Aksys---who appear to still be on good terms with ASW despite having far less involvement with titles.] The reason for CP's big gap can pretty much be attributed to the release window in North America, there are just ALOT of big things to compete with for a small/niche title like BB. Late Q1 (March) or Q2 release just makes the most sense to optimize profits. It's pretty much a safe bet that localization has begun [they need to pull in the English VAs to do the work for the JPN release so that the game can be compatible with netplay] and the fact they've already announced plans for release means that the bureaucratic stuff is behind them.

English version of CP is now up, $50, price seems steep a bit high from both CS's back then

Launch MSRP [in NA] for CT was $59.99 [but came with 1st print "limited editions"], CS was $49.99, CSE was $39.99 [or $59.99 for it's LE]. So CP launching at $49.99 seems like a happy medium to me.

The reason for CP's big gap can pretty much be attributed to the release window in North America, there are just ALOT of big things to compete with for a small/niche title like BB. Late Q1 (March) or Q2 release just makes the most sense to optimize profits.

But...the people who buy BB are not the types to buy the kinds of big blockbusters you're talking about. BB isn't even competing with them because they're aimed at two completely different demographics.

CP at $50 is honestly cheaper than I expected. Since CP is way more than just a balance change -- it's probably going to be the most full-featured release since CT -- I'm surprised it's not retailing for $60.

But...the people who buy BB are not the types to buy the kinds of big blockbusters you're talking about. BB isn't even competing with them because they're aimed at two completely different demographics.

That's not really true. I have plenty of people on my FL who play games like CoD, Batman, GTA, etc. who also play BB, including myself.

Judging from the way the imports are set up, is it logical to expect another case where reg edition is $50 and the LE is $60? I'm gonna hold out on my preorder til I know for sure if/when the LE comes here.