Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

There will be a digital release on October 24th, as most JP games (Except for CERO Z games) are released in the JP PSN Store on Day 1 alongside of their physical releases. This post from the Q&A thread has pricing information.

Thanks man I just texted him that. Though I'd rather he just come here and register so he can ask his own questions...Lol

As far as NA release goes, I like to see things like this. If things are going well, we'll get news of a release date by the time the JP version releases. However, if the JP version releases and we still haven't heard a thing from Aksys or ASW US, then we better start bracing ourselves for the worst.

I've already braced myself for the worst (that ASW will encounter problems and that the game will be released past March), so any earlier date that they can announce will be good news for me.

According to ASW's twitter, Terumi is no longer a preorder bonus. He's now a first print bonus, however if you miss out on the first run of copies then he won't be available unless you purchase him as DLC. This comes as a follow up to a tweet promoting a TV show that will be promoting BBCP, apparently he is still introduced as a preorder bonus on that show.

According to ASW's twitter, Terumi is no longer a preorder bonus. He's now a first print bonus, however if you miss out on the first run of copies then he won't be available unless you purchase him as DLC. This comes as a follow up to a tweet promoting a TV show that will be promoting BBCP, apparently he is still introduced as a preorder bonus on that show.

Woah woah woah, does this affect digital pre-orders too?

No values are confirmed for health. All are speculation from videos.

I sure hope so. 9500 is just too low. Even for Yuuki Terumi.

Woah woah woah, does this affect digital pre-orders too?

What digital preorders? I haven't seen any preorders up for the digital release.

What digital preorders? I haven't seen any preorders up for the digital release.

I'm all but certain they mean pre-orders made online.

That's the only thing that would seem to make sense, anyways :I:

I remember seeing that Terumi had 9500 health. :vbang:

I know this has already been answered, but after doing some math on the Kokonoe vs. Terumi TGS gameplay video, it seems like Terumi has around 10,000 to 10,500 health. The values under Kokonoe's combo counter added up as:

1714 + (~900?) + 1621 + 2002 + 688 + 1396 + 1705 + (100?) = 10,126.

The values in parentheses are the ones I had to guess for - a random hit from one of Kokonoe's air attacks, and the sliver of health he lost before getting annihilated by Golden Tager. Either way, it's probably not 9,500 unless they change him before release, or my math is super wrong somewhere.

EDIT: Also, because I was curious -

Kagura - 837 + 837 + 2776 + 2028 + 1030 + 837 + 2254 = 10,599. Plus chip damage, it's probably 11,000.

Kokonoe - 1969 + 2575 + (~500?) + 3021 + 1879 = 9944. Plus chip damage, it's probably 10,000.

@Jackie, I tried to do so with TGS gameplay video. You just can't do it, because in both rounds he get get hit by single normals (at least once each round) If you don't know damage of those hit, you can't value how much damage they do. The only video among the new ones he was hit only hit by combos (so easier to do math) is the second round of the 2nd corean video posted here. Him vs Kokonoe.

The best I could do was look at how much health was taken away from the health bar, and give an educated guess based on how much of the bar the combo before it did. I'm sure my guessed numbers aren't correct, but I can't see them being wrong by more than 500, which is basically what it comes down to when determining health values anyway.

Uh.....should I be worried? I ordered SE from amiami earlier this month. So I am still getting Terumi...correct?

One thing I started thinkin about, and though its really not a big deal, if you download the jpsn dlc and the english edition drops in march, would the english CP be able to use the dlc from the japanese edition? I have no clue how this works and I'm slightly interested in CPs story, I cant read Japanese lol

No, DLC is coded for that specific version. You will have to get the NA versions of Terumi and Kokonoe(probably colors and announcers too)DLC for them to work on NA release.

No, DLC is coded for that specific version. You will have to get the NA versions of Terumi and Kokonoe(probably colors and announcers too)DLC for them to work on NA release.

From what I am understanding, the key part of that phrase is ON NA RELEASE. Since the JP and NA games can play with each other, I'm guessing you would want the NA version for the story. Might be worth the time to rent the game and save yourself a few bucks than buy the game all over again.

Are you 100% sure? I have both the Japanese and US versions of AH3, and my colors DLC works regardless.

Are you 100% sure? I have both the Japanese and US versions of AH3, and my colors DLC works regardless.

That's an exception to the rule. Generally, different region's games' DLC and saves won't be compatible with one another. Sometimes you'll end up with some weird and convenient cases, though, like with Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and its DLC on 360. The DLC was never released stateside, but for some bizarre and wonderful reason, the European DLC works with the NA version just fine.

Another example: DLC characters (EU region) from BBCS (Platinum, Makoto, Valkenhayn) didn't work with US release of BBCS.

EU region is a whole different can of worms: I still haven't found the way of running my Platinum announcer pack on my Vita - and I certainly got it from the same PSN Store as the game.