Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

I'm worried about my order since it still simply says "Preparing order", and it doesn't seem to be paid yet. I suppose worrying about it right this moment won't solve anything though.

I'm worried about my order since it still simply says "Preparing order", and it doesn't seem to be paid yet. I suppose worrying about it right this moment won't solve anything though.

"Preparing Order" == All Good, Expect Shipment in +20 - 28 hours from now.

They don't charge until they ship, and they most likely won't be shipping until 10/24 HK time. Anyone who says their card's been charge is just noticing the pre-auth. For pre-orders they submit a pre-auth to the CC gateway to make sure the card it still good.

They also wait to charge until actual shipment time because if you cancel your order between the Monday of release and actual shipping time, then they have to refund, which costs money in transaction fees. Thus, pre-auth is submitted Monday to verify the order is still good and to soft-reserve the funds at your CC gateway, then the order is submitted at ship. Doesn't cost anything to cancel a pre-auth.

Preparing Order means everything is good.

On the subtitles side, I can see a quick low-quality English sub getting put in. There's been a few games I've grabbed from Asia region that come like that. The translations are usually not very good, typically rush jobs, and it's usually done for the really big games that are likely to have a wide audience. Demon Souls is the one I remember the most.

The English/NA release will be behind as the translation will be higher quality (thus take time), and they are going to run into technical problems implementing the translation due to character limits/space issues (in Japanese you can write many words using two characters. For instance 解説 (2) Explanation (10) -- now fill out a text window...). There's also different QA requirements, publishing contracts, etc.

So yeah it's possible that's subs in the Asia (and Jpn) release. "Possible."

I'm not seeing any change for me on the Chinese/English version. Here's hoping i'm not getting totally screwed just because I want to be able to read the stuff on the screen.

I'm on the same boat as you. They charged me a day after I preordered the JP version (at end of September). Switched to Chinese/English version. What they do is deduct what they already charged you for JP version, off of the Chinese/English version cost. In my case, $83.80 CAD was my cost for the JP version and $83.50 for CH/EN version. They didn't charge me a second time (i.e. didn't claim the second payment through PayPal) and put the $0.50 difference as store credit. Hope I made some sense... Click on your order, go down to invoice and check your payment amount (should be the JP amount), then less the order cost (should be CH/EN cost), and then you should have some outstanding balance.

I wouldn't be too concerned for those who haven't been charged yet, but it's probably safe to follow up with their customer support to make sure you get the game on time! An order I made with credit card in the past was also not charged until shipping date.

Well I knew that itd be the voice work and the text translation that would push the english release back. But I never considered that the asian version would (potentially) have a rush translation job. That makes sense then...(google translate/ youtube subs quality though! Callin it!)

I'm on the same boat as you. They charged me a day after I preordered the JP version (at end of September). Switched to Chinese/English version. What they do is deduct what they already charged you for JP version, off of the Chinese/English version cost. In my case, $83.80 CAD was my cost for the JP version and $83.50 for CH/EN version. They didn't charge me a second time (i.e. didn't claim the second payment through PayPal) and put the $0.50 difference as store credit. Hope I made some sense... Click on your order, go down to invoice and check your payment amount (should be the JP amount), then less the order cost (should be CH/EN cost), and then you should have some outstanding balance.

I wouldn't be too concerned for those who haven't been charged yet, but it's probably safe to follow up with their customer support to make sure you get the game on time! An order I made with credit card in the past was also not charged until shipping date.

Less order cost -79.89

Balance -79.89

That's what it says for me. I didn't change my order from one to the other because I didn't see the option, I cancelled the first and made the second a separate order.

*Tries to confirm order*

*Friend has to update address*

*Reconfirmation takes 24 hours*

......Does god hate me?

If its a change of mailing address then it might not take them long to fix that, and it might just be automated. Now that I remember the only reason why one of my orders got delayed once was because I combined it with another order (to save money on shipping lolz) so they had to recalculate the charge. So, yea.

Asked em to cancel since I wanted to go digital, read the policies(NO CANCELLATIONS) guess they did it anyway, either way I get to dl my digital copy sometime tonight so it's whatever, if they charge me and send it either way I'll just sell the physical copy to someone to break even.

That art....doesn't look great. Looks like she was literally stretched out at the waist....It's kinda creepy.

has anyone been e-mailed by nippon-yassan yet? hopefully they update my order status tomorrow or something :c

Yesterday they told me that they expected to have the game shipped today from the manufacturer. Today they didn't bother with the online cutomer support service, at least in my case.

Sorry if this the wrong place to ask.

I originally pre-ordered CP from playsia but cancelled after I learned it was going digital day-1.

So I have everything set up: got 7000Yen on my JP account sitting...can anyone tell me if this is enough, or...will it be 6800 yen...plus taxes??? (i.e: 7000+ something) please tell me it's enough...

Anyway...I'm frigging -hyped-. Haven't bought a game day-1 in years.