Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

A move that can only be done after connecting a different move.

Ragna's Hell's Fang>>Additional Attack and Inferno Divider>>Upper>Axe Kick/Straight chains are good examples.

Well you don't have to connect with the first part of hell's fang to do the second part. It's just that you can only do the second part after the first part comes out.

just think litchi haku hatsu chun. her rekkas are more freeform, you can mix and match the order they come out and use their different properties. some rekkas are restrictive, needing an initial attack to execute the followups (like A.B.A's destruction deletion punishment rekkas, in that order)

So where, in the weird world of Fighting game nomenclature, did the word "Rekka" come from?

l dont remember exactly what happened. l know it originated from fei long. something about what he used to say or do once he executed his rekkas that made the name stick. google could probably give a better explanation.

So where, in the weird world of Fighting game nomenclature, did the word "Rekka" come from?

It's named after Fei Long's Rekkaken from Street Fighter. Fei Long is pretty much the original rekka character. (If he's not the very first character to have them, then he's close to it.)

Fei Long's Rekkaken

When will this come to American arcades? I'm practicing a fight stick and want to get fluent before than so I can go play this.

This game is worth driving 8 hours for.

.This game is worth driving 8 hours for.

^ Now that is dedication!

Well, CS2 and Extend arcades never made it outside of Japan I believe, DON'T quote me on that though. Anybody else know why there wasn't an arcade release of them in NA?

It was because of NESiCA that it didn't make it outside of NA in arcades, but Extend changed that, because from what I understood, Extend was also made accessible for NA arcades.

NESiCA system requires that players have cards that keep track of their progress as they play and it requires fiberoptic cables built into the cabinets in order for them to play CS2 or any other fighter on NESiCA cabinets. Fibreoptic cables aren't cheap and Japan is small so it can afford something like that unlike both Canada and the States, where they're too big to have fibre optic cabels running throughout the country.

From what I heard CP will be the same case with CS2, where the NESiCA system will prevent arcades in NA from purchasing CP.

This si the basic stuff, someone will probably clarify this in further detail.

The issue with NESiCA actually has more to do with company policy and development than anything else. Server communication is not a problem here in the US, you just can't have it in small towns. And for the record, non-NESiCA versions of all BB games were released. CSEX was actually just an upgrade of CSII, as the title on our cabs didn't change after the update.

The lack of news lately is kinda depressing honestly lol. But when we get it I'm sure it will be worth the wait....Just the waiting really sucks.

We need more news. I want to get my hype on again. Hopefully they've made some big changes.

Why would you WANT to get more hype?

I've noticed this from my small time in the FGC: everytime a new, super-hype game is announced, everyone is all "SO HYPE" and "THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME" the whole way through to its release, and then when it's actually released and turns out to not absolutely 100% perfect and amazing and the best FG EVVVAAAR everyone throws a giant "THIS GAME SUCKS I'M GOING TO [other popular FG they said sucked 5 months ago because it itself wasn't the best thing since sliced bread]" shitfit.

It happened with P4A. It's been happening everytime a new game comes out and I'm amazed that the FGC continues to let it happen. Getting TOO hype can be a problem too. I'm just gonna patiently wait for BBCP.

So then Agni, what you suggest they do instead?

All that you speak of sounds relative, for instance what is "too hype" and what is "hype enough". Nor have you suggested a solution for this so called "problem in the FGC".

I'm only one person, and I'm really just giving my personal viewpoint on this phenomenon.

I've noticed this from my small time in the FGC: everytime a new, super-hype game is announced, everyone is all "SO HYPE" and "THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME" the whole way through to its release, and then when it's actually released and turns out to not absolutely 100% perfect and amazing and the best FG EVVVAAAR everyone throws a giant "THIS GAME SUCKS I'M GOING TO [other popular FG they said sucked 5 months ago because it itself wasn't the best thing since sliced bread]" shitfit.

It happened with P4A. It's been happening everytime a new game comes out and I'm amazed that the FGC continues to let it happen. Getting TOO hype can be a problem too. I'm just gonna patiently wait for BBCP.

People have short attention spans.

Yeah that's all fine and good and happy. But this is BB. People love BB. BB has never been bad.