Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

thanks for clarifying guys. funny because i'm staring at the pic trying to make it look like noel, but it just won't happen. the pic is blurry enough to still confuse me rofl

No translation of the article yet?

Gimme its text in a readable format, and I'll give it a try. If that's Famitsu, the website doesn't have anything yet.

...Then why is there two people who look exactly the same in the middle top and right top pictures?

I'm assuming Jin is the middle bottom. Wait that's Hazama...

Their names are written off to the sides in katakana in order of left to right first row, second row: Valkenhayn, Jin, Noel, Mooglemen (rough translation), Hazama, and Relius.

Jin's outfits looks like a white and blue hakama with him holding a sword.

Just go browse ahead for the right one? Or are there too many in store?

Magazines are sealed, because these BBCP pictures could be from a section of a game magazine or something, but there is no way to check without breaking the plastic covering to check.

No translation of the article yet?

Type-setting is too much work, so I'll just go with plain text. Some of the stuff isn't fully legible from glare so I'll summarize at those points instead.

First section, Amane portion: (http://i.imgur.com/qqel9.jpg?1)

Left side:

Top picture caption - A manly personality that belies his appearance dances elegantly in the lands of Ikaruga!

Middle picture caption - The young bounty hunter being...Carl of course!?

Bottom section (Somewhat summarized due to glare)- Story: Amane is the leader of a traveling troupe who is <illegible verb> the <illegible> of dance. He's here to scount a certain "bounty hunter bishounen". Will he succeed? And how is he connected to <illegible>!?

Right side:

Main text - Amane's Astral Heat turns characters young again?

The move that can be activated upon certain conditions and gives an instant win on hit, "Astral Heat", is still alive and well in this iteration. Especially of note is the new character Amane's Astral Heat. On hit, it turns characters into their younger selves, allowing you to see a more unusual cinematic. Of course, a unique animation has been created for each character. Try landing it on the full cast!

Right side characers (left to right, top to bottom) - Valk / Jin / Noel / Hakumen / Hazama / Relius

Bottom captions - Left: Hitting with the Astral <something> the opponent with a lotus leaf-type aura, and then...

Bottom captions - Right: They turn small! (bottom side is mostly illegible)

Right page, Top Section: (http://i.imgur.com/NQ3OG.jpg?1)

Top left title: A new trump card that changes your strategy, Overdrive

Main text (top left): In this iteration, simultaneously pressing all buttens when the Overdrive gauge is full activates a new system feature, Overdrive, which strengthens character abilities. For some characters, specials get improved as well.

Top right picture (yellow text) - It's active until this gauge reaches zero!

Top right picture (side text) - Active time increases the less health you have. Deciding when to use it is important.

Left picture series:

- Title: Ragna's Overdrive, Blood Kain Idea

- Left caption: For Ragna, Overdrive strengthens his drive attacks.

- Caption between pictures: Distortion Drive gets powered up!!

- Bottom caption: During Overdrive, besides strengthening moves that use the D button, Carnage Scissors and Devoured by Darkness get an animation and damage boost!

Right picture series:

- Title: Hazama's Overdrive, Jormungand

- Between pictures caption: Distortion Drive powered up!!

- Bottom caption: A ring appears around Hazama that absorbs opponent health. A new move, "Oohebi Burensou" is added, and drive attacks are strengthened.

Omake:

On the right side, Astrals shown in top down order are Carl's, Arakune's, and Noel's.

Edited with second section.

Then why does it look like Jin is wearing a dress....?

I mean, I have no problem with delicious crossdressing shota, but it still begs the question.

Jin is wearing the outfit he had on during one of the story scenes and holding Yukianesa, I couldn't find the pic itself but this video had it in there fortunately:

Young Jin from Amane's Astral

Personally, I don't think the OD's are strong enough to warrant being called a comeback factor (at least not to the point where you'd request its removal), regardless of how long it's active, aside from a select few like FRKZ.

FRKZ will come into play a lot more now that it is and OD, I don't think it's going to be something Bang players can "Do without" in CP. Winning games with instant overhead crossups into 7K never stops one from feeling themself.

Personally, I don't think the OD's are strong enough to warrant being called a comeback factor (at least not to the point where you'd request its removal), regardless of how long it's active, aside from a select few like FRKZ.

You're right, ODs themselves aren't strong enough tools to win you the round. BTW, I'm not calling ODs themselves comeback factors, I meant how ODs getting stronger the less health you have had a 'comeback mechanic' feel to it, it wasn't clear enough in my post (fixed it now). Makes it seem the game is rewarding you for losing.

Please ArcSys, remove the 'comeback' aspect of overdrives: Make them last the same amount of time no matter how low your health is.

Edit: Edited for more clarity.

You're right, ODs themselves aren't strong enough tools to win you the round. BTW, I'm not calling ODs themselves comeback factors, I meant how ODs getting stronger the less health you have had a 'comeback mechanic' feel to it, it wasn't clear enough in my post (fixed it now). Makes it seem the game is rewarding you for losing.

Comeback mechanics are not bad if they are done right.

Only because capcom suck monkey balls at doing them, it doesn't mean that all comeback mechanics are bad.

So far lower health only increase the duration time, and iirc it is not that much compared to the duration when you are full health.

Ah, so you just meant the "grows stronger as you get weaker" aspect, aight.

Comeback mechanics are not bad if they are done right.

Only because capcom suck monkey balls at doing them, it doesn't mean that all comeback mechanics are bad.

So far lower health only increase the duration time, and iirc it is not that much compared to the duration when you are full health.

I dunno, I don't like comeback mechanics. How it rewards a player for not playing right, doesn't seem right to me. The only "comeback" I like to see is when a guy has like a small sliver of health left and manages to turn the tide of the match and win it, through smart play. But if ArcSys must include it, I just hope they get it right the first time.

P.S. I think the duration time increase differs from character to character, based on the reports of the first and second loketests, with some of the characters having more than a 5 second increase in duration at lower health.

Adapt to player's OD tactics like you do to other tactics.

Atleast that's how I would hope it'd work out.

Plus OD's have a large downfall, not allowing you to burst until your icon recharges, so if you are low health, do you save it incase you need to save yourself with a burst or do you activate OD where an opponent's next combo would most likely kill you.

I dunno, I don't like comeback mechanics. How it rewards a player for not playing right, doesn't seem right to me. The only "comeback" I like to see is when a guy has like a small sliver of health left and manages to turn the tide of the match and win it, through smart play. But if ArcSys must include it, I just hope they get it right the first time.

You would be surprised how many games have comeback mechanics on them

The Guts System, the Gold burst and the Destroy on GG, Regaining Red Life on MvC2 and SG, the Heat gauge gradually increasing on BB, all the comeback mechanics on old KOF games, like i said, done right they are not bad, since they enrich the depth of the game by adding more strategy layers, perhaps your problem is that you see them as a reward (Don't use the crappy comeback mechanics of capcom as the base sample to judge all of them).

P.S. I think the duration time increase differs from character to character, based on the reports of the first and second loketests, with some of the characters having more than a 5 second increase in duration at lower health.

From what i remember the time is the same across all the characters, but the duration time was what it was changed.

Also Remember that the OD is still attached to the burst gauge, the strategical wight of deciding to burst or going for the OD will have a heavy impact on how often we would see them. Imagine that you are saving your Burst for an OD at low health, but you are caught in a combo that can kill you, you burst out of it and you wouldn't be able to go for the OD.

So long as comeback mechanics aren't powerful to the point where you're more likely to win from low health than high health (Like you can only do some 11k combo if at 2% health and it's really easy to land it) then comeback mechanics in principle are okay. BB, like a lot of FGs still places much of the advantage to the current winner, through more available heat, better positioning and well... having more health.

OD doesn't just let you cruise to victory. It just makes you more powerful. You still have to have a brain to use it correctly. It's nowhere near X-Factor bad.

Also, it doesn't just reward, you lose your Burst if you activate it.