Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Crossdressing used to be a big mainstream thing in Japan prior to the world wars (the government wanted men to want to be soldiers, and that doesn't work so well when everyone wants to be a little girl), but since then its only resurrection has come about recently as a part of otaku culture. Even then, its only really for young adults, rather than actual adults, which Amane looks like. Of course, the idea of a 'man' is more feminine in Japan, since the big bulky Zangiefs are considered the homosexual ones, but it doesn't go that far. I'd say the best example of it is probably Dante, who, while I don't think you'd find anyone who'd say Dante isn't manly in the West, is pretty close to being a bit of a poof.

So yeah, while being a beautiful man who crossdresses isn't really unheard of, its not a mainstream thing, so I think he's fine under the 'trap' label, though of course he's closer to the edge with Ash than in the direct centre with Bridget.

I still don't think he's a trap character personally, because a trap character is like Bridget, or the reverse in Naoto of Persona. To me a trap is a character that is unable to be seen as their proper sex unless you know it or are told it, or is nearly impossible to figure out because of strong androgyny. I would not call Amane a trap simply because his voice as stated, is male, as well as his speech overall. Jin's voice is more "femboy" than Amane's imho. Plus as I stated, his body looks clearly male to me, and paired with a clearly male voice, they're not hiding it at all. To me, when a character is obviously male, even f they look feminine, it's not a true "trap."

You can look at Amane and figure out he's a guy long before anyone questions their sexuality by being attracted to them lol.

Dammit, they managed to keep Noel's red strings intact... :< And here I was hoping that maybe she'd get a new j.B animation.

Also, I don't see Mu as an Unlimited for Noel since the styles are completely different. I could see her as a non-story mode character so no one loses her as a main.

People sure do dislike Lambda. Merely mentioning her seems to bring out the worse in people. My waifu shall never perish!

"Not the zoner monster no!" ....it what I would be saying if I wasn't joking

I know for a fact she is still in there in someway shape or form

my guess is that its gonna be like Extend where they recap the story so far, have her in that and not have her in the new story, I'd imagine they would do the same for Mu if I'm correct

People sure do dislike Lambda. Merely mentioning her seems to bring out the worse in people. My waifu shall never perish!

The Murakumo Units will return with more swords and lasers than before. Calling this shit now.

Amane is kind of like Juda from Fist of the North Star. Macho guy with makeup.

Those types of characters are almost always cruel and sadistic and egotistical. All of the flair isn't because they want to be gay or something but pompous and flashy instead.

Hi y'all! New here! *waves* Haven't seen this mentioned yet as a possibility but when I saw the new trailer and "different" looking supers/DD's and animations as well as the new meter gauge I immediately thought of KOF in the way that you have multiple "versions" of the same super. Anyone else think this might be a possibility? I for one think that would be badass! It would add additional strategy to the gameplay imo...(potentially) :D

Dammit, they managed to keep Noel's red strings intact... :< And here I was hoping that maybe she'd get a new j.B animation.

Also, I don't see Mu as an Unlimited for Noel since the styles are completely different. I could see her as a non-story mode character so no one loses her as a main.

true but it was just an idea

i'm just loving litchi's new distortions ^_^

Mu is coming back. I have faith and I believe in Arc. They can't take out the strongest Murakumo ;_;

Mu is coming back. I have faith and I believe in Arc. They can't take out the strongest Murakumo ;_;

Even when the person who was the wearing the armor is now clearly back to normal and has no memory of it?

oh well, she will be back, as long as it has what extend did and recaps the story so far

Carl

- [2D] No longer bounces them sky high. Still possible to combo after with 5C

Judging by the video, it looks that Carl did his 2B after 2D, and that's probably what caused the lack of bounce. The 5C afterwards actually did not connect, it had a blue beat -- possibly also a result of the 2B messing with 2D's bounce.

Stay strong man, stay strong. Hopefully all will be revealed tomorrow in the loketest.

Oh god, I think I'm more hype for this loketest than I am for P4A's release on Tuesday

to be technical, mu and noel are the same person so in a way wouldn't mu exists in all the games, not the fighting style itself, but the person.........ignore me i'm over thinking this *goes to watch preview again*

I dunno man, we're running out of options for them to bring her back. I think Noel unlimited is just plain not gonna happen, they're too different from one another. I don't think they could pull another "Kokonoe built it" out of their asses without screwing with their story and making it not as good. And I don't think Saya is a viable option cause I think if she did become playable she'd be unique from any of the characters before her.

This thread is responsible for me loosing my sleep. Lambdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa don't go

other than that, my hazama fanboyism meter is of the charts.

Amane, manliness incarnate. That guy has my favourite voice actor, akira ishida, im so subbing him (make that main if my worst nightmare comes true).

to be technical, mu and noel are the same person so in a way wouldn't mu exists in all the games, not the fighting style itself, but the person.........ignore me i'm over thinking this *goes to watch preview again*

Same can be said for Ryu and evil Ryu or akuma and Oni in ssf4

Watch Saya become Mu's replacement.

Watch Saya become Mu's replacement.

I dunno, I think it'd be fairly dull of them to take Saya and just throw Mu's moves on her. I want my mu back in the game too, but I don't think, that if they did make Saya playable, that it would be a good idea to just make her a clone type character. Maybe it's just me, but Saya should be unique imho.

Jin, Hazama, and Amane

All the characters I love are fab.

Why is this?

Fuck SWAG, we got FAB.

Hi y'all! New here! *waves* Haven't seen this mentioned yet as a possibility but when I saw the new trailer and "different" looking supers/DD's and animations as well as the new meter gauge I immediately thought of KOF in the way that you have multiple "versions" of the same super. Anyone else think this might be a possibility? I for one think that would be badass! It would add additional strategy to the gameplay imo...(potentially) :D

Those are the EX moves people are talking about. It refers to unique special moves that vary from character to character, it is present in Guilty Gear and works the similar to the EX moves of KOF. And welcome to the Dustloop forums :)

*Salt*

;~;

I for one, want Nu back.

And Noel to fight in her Murakumo clothes.

I just started learning Mu like a month ago :V Don't want her gone yet.

You know, now that my Hype Levels have stabilized, I have to say: these theee new chars came out of goddamn NOWEHERE. All of the previous characters that have been introduced in CS had been in eithe CS or CT in some form.

Azarel, Amune, and Bullet? They literally came out of fucking nowhere.