Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

It's not.

It's just an infinite blockstring apparently.

A real infinite is he touches you -> you go from 100% to 0% in one combo.

Technically that doesn't have to be true. You could still have some combo that did 0 damage but still keep them in the combo for an unlimited amount of time. That's still an infinite in my book.

Okay what the hell.

I saw Shadow playing Amane and uhhhhh........isn't that chip damage a bit much?

I mean........it's basically unblockable.

And if you barrier his attacks EAT your barrier just like that.

What a completely garbage character.

He looks fruity and plays fruity. How fitting.

Okay what the hell.

Deal with it.

Okay what the hell.

It takes a bit of setup to get the chip to that point with his drill level. Otherwise it's pretty weak.

You could just not get hit :eng101:. Amane's forte is the Mid-range game, espicially that certain distance where if he lands that Eddie Drill into the Draedel and gets Level 3 for free basicially

Okay what the hell.

People will learn to play respectfully around an Amane with a drill at level 3. Like how you play when Arakune has you cursed. His drills are only unavoidable if you let yourself get knocked down and then have to wake up into them (and then you still have invulnerable and/or counter options). People just aren't used to a character that can do solid chip damage. I usually manage to steal a round or two while people are getting used to it, but once people adjust to it, it really isn't that big of a deal.

Okay what the hell.

Chip is the new thing in this game, because they noticed it didn't exist in the last 4 games in most situations.

Okay what the hell.

What a completely fabulous character.

He looks awesome and plays quite nicely. How fitting.

Fixed it for ya. :P

But in all seriousness. All you really have to do is learn to avoid the drills at level 3 [expecially in the corner] and you should be fine.

Just try your best not to let him use the move where he drops a drill on you from the air. Besides blowing his OD, that is his only effective way to get high level drills. It always comes out at about half screen distance so try not to be there or roll away from drill oki.

Okay what the hell.

That's the point of his playing style/Drive :v:

You get the gauge up to level 3 and then you have to try and keep it there: use Drill attacks too much and you'll overheat it, use them too little and you'll drop to level 2. He really only gets his insane chip at level 3 and it's not that easy to keep the gauge steady at that level.

lol at people saying "just don't let him hit you with his Drive". Unless you're this incredible, untouchable player who never makes any mistakes and plays the best neutral game ever, then it's not going to happen.

I mean, sometimes it does make sense to say "don't let X hit you with Y", like Hakumen hitting you with a fully charged Shippu but in Amane's case where most of his Drives revolve around doing chip damage and are completely viable tools, come on people, breaking my balls here.

Drill chip damage is only successful in being effective if he has enough time out of block-stun or hit-stun to get into those moves. As Hima with his Valk showcased in earlier videos, that's easier said than done for Amane players. They lack defensive options. Indefinite rushdown against Amane while baiting bursts and CAs will be very hard to deal with, much harder than 1k chip from slow, long range disjointed hitbox moves in any case.

I mean, sometimes it does make sense to say "don't let X hit you with Y", like Hakumen hitting you with a fully charged Shippu but in Amane's case where most of his Drives revolve around doing chip damage and are completely viable tools, come on people, breaking my balls here.

He doesn't have drills on wakeup. He'll die just as effectively as any other character.

I wasn't trying to say that he's too good if that's what you're getting at.

Just that the whole "JUST don't let Amane hit you with his Drives" seemed a bit ridiculous to me, it really isn't that simple.

Sure he might have a tougher time catching some characters who are really good at the neutral game (Tao, Nu, etc.) but eventually he'll score a knockdown or get you to block his drills one way or another.

It's one specific drive move (6d) that gets the gauge actually up there though. If you watch Amane matches you'll see the only way they usually even hit level 2, let alone 3, is through dropping a 6d on somebody's head or using OD. Now, while obviously you won't evade 6d all the time, him getting level 3 doesn't instantly mean the round like curse often could. Plus you can stagger barrier guard like many people have been doing to take medium damage to each instead of heavy damage to one.

At level 1 the chip is slightly above everyone else. He needs level 3 to really put any fear of chip damage into somebody.

It's one specific drive move (6d) that gets the gauge actually up there though. If you watch Amane matches you'll see the only way they usually even hit level 2, let alone 3, is through dropping a 6d on somebody's head or using OD.

Yeah, that move where he drops the "top" on you fills the gauge like crazy. If he scores a knockdown, it's pretty likely that he'll drop it on you as I've seen in various matches.

Now, while obviously you won't evade 6d all the time, him getting level 3 doesn't instantly mean the round like curse often could. Plus you can stagger barrier guard like many people have been doing to take medium damage to each instead of heavy damage to one.

That's what I'm getting at, he'll eventually score a knockdown, drop a 6D on you, and get to level 3 and leave the gauge at a little over half. From then he'll use his Drives to chip you. 5D is comparable in size to Jin's 5D. 2D looks like a decent anti-air. j.D looks like a pretty good air-to-ground and he can still use his 6D and ground drills in moderation. Now tell me if people will be all like "JUST don't let him hit you with his Drives".

Once again, I never said that getting to level 3 means ZOMG ARAKUNE CURSE TIER. I was just dealing with the "just don't let him with you with his Drives" comment.

At level 1 the chip is slightly above everyone else. He needs level 3 to really put any fear of chip damage into somebody.

I'm aware, I already said that on my previous post.

Wait, staggering barrier works against that? But I saw a Haku do that and his barrier got murdered anyway.

Wait, staggering barrier works against that? But I saw a Haku do that and his barrier got murdered anyway.

If anything, it just distributes the Drill damage to both the Barrier gauge and your health.

I really like how unique Amane turned out to be. Get the gauge to level 3, maintain it as best as possible, and chip people to death. It's not necessarily easy to get it to that level and maintain the gauge as to keep it from overheating or dropping but it's not impossible either. It's just right.

I'm completely unconcerned about Amane's chip damage or swag combos. His neutral game looks completely terrible and level 3 maintenance is going to be a huge bitch, even basic hit confirm combos look to take enough time to drain his meter significantly and he's not going to knock you down and instantly score a level 3 drill. It also looks like his only real reversal is his DD and that auto-overheats the drill.