Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

I'm assuming that you're talking about the anime reference ones.

Ragna: Ichigo (Bleach)

Jin: Amaimon (Blue Exorcist). This is backed up by the fact that the two characters share the same VA (Tetsuya).

Noel: Mami (Madoka)

Tao: Felicia (Vampire Savior)

Bang: Goku (DBZ)

Plat: Madoka (Meguca Meduka)

Azrael: Kamina

The fact that Azrael has a Kamina palette but Jin doesn't have an adult Simon palette is ridiculous (they even have the same VA!). I don't know about the rest.

he seems more of the 'matchup dependant' archetype than anything, much like how litchi is.

I'm assuming that you're talking about the anime reference ones.

Ragna: Ichigo (Bleach)

Jin: Amaimon (Blue Exorcist). This is backed up by the fact that the two characters share the same VA (Tetsuya).

Noel: Mami (Madoka)

Tao: Felicia (Vampire Savior)

Bang: Goku (DBZ)

Plat: Madoka (Meguca Meduka)

Azrael: Kamina

The fact that Azrael has a Kamina palette but Jin doesn't have an adult Simon palette is ridiculous (they even have the same VA!). I don't know about the rest.

Thanks man, I already have the Persona Chars, Personas and Guilty Gear.

The other 1s are no references then?

The other ones are universal colors. Purple or white, blue, pink, brown, Smurf/Avatar, and white/gold/red. The rest are the reference palettes: Guilty Gear, Anime/Video Game, other BB character, Persona.

Edit: Actually, I don't know about the first 7 palettes.

Don;t think it's late enough to be unconcerned about anyone, especially a completely new character. Not to say he's amazing or anything, but I'd atleast give it a month or two before people start trying to pick apart characters. "basic hit confirm combos" today could be completely outdated by the end of the year.

I don't think I would call Amane's neutral game awful at all. What makes you say so?

No meterless reversal, c button is essentially useless, and his only means of charging drill without making contact is super free to anyone with a projectile or ability to close space rapidly. You can't be a solid character if you're bad at distance and up close.

If you look at that Shadow v Buppa match, the only time he ever hits level 3 drill is with 6D and even that only seems to be working because Buppa is playing the worst I've seen of him since CS1 (Dropping houtenjin combos, seriously.) 6D looks to be his go-to for getting any sort of drill level outside of OD and that just doesn't cut it against people that are going to be expecting it. Is level 3 drill crazy awesome? Yeah, but not very practical and very unstable considering various match-ups are going to make his life hell (Nu and Taokaka especially.)

Hi Guys. New guy here btw if you guys didn't notice Makoto has a Zessica Wong palette from Aquarion Evol.

It's getting patched out. (The bug that is, not the palette.)

Well, we don't know that, technically.

Kamina Azrael broken with style xD

I hope they keep those colours, it'll be the only those colours I would use with any character that isn't their original.

The thing to counter amane's chip damage is to not block.

After his 3C (or whatever HKD you), just don't tech. You'll receive 1500 damages from his drills on blue beat, and he has no okizeme after that. Kaqn already understood that against Shadow (see jourdal's channel)

No meterless reversal, c button is essentially useless, and his only means of charging drill without making contact is super free to anyone with a projectile or ability to close space rapidly. You can't be a solid character if you're bad at distance and up close.

If you look at that Shadow v Buppa match, the only time he ever hits level 3 drill is with 6D and even that only seems to be working because Buppa is playing the worst I've seen of him since CS1 (Dropping houtenjin combos, seriously.) 6D looks to be his go-to for getting any sort of drill level outside of OD and that just doesn't cut it against people that are going to be expecting it. Is level 3 drill crazy awesome? Yeah, but not very practical and very unstable considering various match-ups are going to make his life hell (Nu and Taokaka especially.)

No meterless reversal doesn't really seem like an issue for Amane's neutral gameplay.

C button being essentially useless is just not true. You can get a lot of great mileage out of your Cs via fabhop canceling.

6D is not Amane's only means of charging drill. Drill stance (which you can quickly cancel into nothing) also charges drill. Also, I have hit level 3 without charging via drill stance, 6D, or ODing plenty of times. A little 5B>5D>fabhop>j.5D action nets you plenty of drill heat and some chip.

I don't know what you mean by people "expecting" 6D. The only time I see you ever wanting to use 6D is when you know it is going to land. Which is when the opponent is blocking a ground drill. Using 6D at any other time is a pretty silly move in my opinion. Getting someone to block your ground drill is not that hard if you go for summoning the drill after a hard knockdown (mostly off of 3C, which Amane has a lot of ways to combo into). For some reason (he is still learning the character, we all are, after all) Shadow kept going for 236C off of his 3C, instead of going for drill oki which makes no sense to me. Unless you are going in the corner and can get some good damage, going for the drill Oki is much better. Blocked ground drill is a guaranteed 6D which is guaranteed level 3 drill.

I am not sure if Nu will be a hard match up for Amane or not. I have not had a chance to actually play it yet. There is obviously no way Amane will win a zoning fight with Nu, but, Amane isn't a zoner. I imagine that Nu is going to have a pretty rough time with fab hop + drill pressure. The one time I played Tao was rough. If she gets you in a corner you are going to have a very bad day. But, then again, Tao liking to be in the air a lot does help Amane out some. Still, probably not the best matchup, but, like I said, I have only played it once.

No meterless reversal has been an issue for anyone's neutral game ever, how is Amane any different? All you have to do is approach him and he gets no free breaks out of pressure; He's lacking Nu's answer to IADs as well so he's mighty free to air mobility. And of course 6D isn't the only thing that builds drill meter, but I can count the seconds Shadow spends in so much as level 2 without having used 6D on a single hand.

The vs Buppa's Jin games are much more indicative of what I expect Amane's matches to end up looking like. He'll get some crazy rounds where he gets an early 6D and then eats your barrier and health, but he'll lose the next 2 because he can't answer pressure.

Amane's chip damage is a bit much, yeah. But he dies quick as hell so just stay on him and (As far as I know) its GGs.

No meterless reversal has been an issue for anyone's neutral game ever, how is Amane any different? All you have to do is approach him and he gets no free breaks out of pressure; He's lacking Nu's answer to IADs as well so he's mighty free to air mobility.

I think you guys have different definitions of neutral game. Personally, I think that using a reversal means that you are no longer playing neutral, but what do I know?