Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

No meterless reversal has been an issue for anyone's neutral game ever, how is Amane any different? All you have to do is approach him and he gets no free breaks out of pressure

I think you're confusing what neutral is. Neutral can be a precursor to putting your opponent under pressure, where having a meterless reversal can be a good defensive option, but meterless reversals usually don't have a place in the neutral game unless you're Ume Shoryu'ing. In BB, it's incredibly rare to see this happen--you're not going to see Ragna straight up ID during neutral unless he has gigantic titanium balls or is trying to die.

Meterless reversals are not a requirement for a character to have a good neutral game anyways. See: Tao.

Not trying to be a dick, just clarifying.

All you have to do is approach him and he gets no free breaks out of pressure; He's lacking Nu's answer to IADs as well so he's mighty free to air mobility. And of course 6D isn't the only thing that builds drill meter, but I can count the seconds Shadow spends in so much as level 2 without having used 6D on a single hand.

Approaching Amane is a bit easier said then done. He has fantastic air mobility with his fabhops and some solid ways to punish reckless approaches. 2D and 6A are good answers to air approaches while you are on the ground. j.6C and j.5B are great for air to air approaches. 5B, 5D, and 3C all do solid work in ground to ground stuff. I don't feel like Amane is free to air mobility at all.

Also, remember, Amane isn't a zoner. You have to worry about Amane approaching you as well.

Shadow is a good player but he is just one Amane player, he is certainly not showing everything Amane is capable of. He goes for drills a lot less often than he could, so he builds less drill meter than he could. Getting your drill to level 2 and keeping it there isn't really that hard without using 6D.

Amane's chip damage is a bit much, yeah. But he dies quick as hell so just stay on him and (As far as I know) its GGs.

I mean, at some level you can break any match involving a rush down character to this so. Yes, its true. But, easy to say, harder to do.

I just played about 15 Amane vs Amane matches this evening. Now THAT is a very momentum based fight. Pretty fun though!

Approaching Amane is a bit easier said then done. He has fantastic air mobility with his fabhops and some solid ways to punish reckless approaches. 2D and 6A are good answers to air approaches while you are on the ground. j.6C and j.5B are great for air to air approaches. 5B, 5D, and 3C all do solid work in ground to ground stuff. I don't feel like Amane is free to air mobility at all.

Also, remember, Amane isn't a zoner. You have to worry about Amane approaching you as well.

Shadow is a good player but he is just one Amane player, he is certainly not showing everything Amane is capable of. He goes for drills a lot less often than he could, so he builds less drill meter than he could. Getting your drill to level 2 and keeping it there isn't really that hard without using 6D.

I mean, at some level you can break any match involving a rush down character to this so. Yes, its true. But, easy to say, harder to do.

I just played about 15 Amane vs Amane matches this evening. Now THAT is a very momentum based fight. Pretty fun though!

Have you played against an Azrael yet? I was wondering since he has Growler and his backdash/forward dash that he would be able to neutralize any drill oki that amane can do and kinda limiting the setups Amane can do to get a high drill level.

I really only got the chance to play against an Azrael on day 1 so far, and its not really a great idea to draw too many conclusions from that.

I actually don't know very much about Azrael's mechanics.

I can help there.

Azreal's Backdash is mindblowing. So he might be able to avoid some Oki (Emphasis on some. Depends if it's meaty). His dashes in general are powerful tools. Every Azrael player I've seen so far really used them a lot. Getting in on Amane most likely won't be a problem. Growler Field loses to lows (I think. I've not actually looked into this too much) But regardless, It's a decent DP that eats projectiles for free, and Phalanx Cannon is an amazing projectile. (Imagine Spark Bolt with the combo).

Also, I think the term "Zoning" has been ripped out of Context for a while now. Zoning isn't runaway. Zoning is keeping your opponent inside of your preferred range, For example Lambda prefers to keep her opponents Mid-Long Range, Thus she Zones you out. She keeps you in her "Zone". Amane excels in the Mid-Range game, thus he prefers that Zone etc. Amane relies on this range to a substantial degree, Thus I would call him a zoner. It's where his tools work best.

The main problem you will have with Azrael is keeping him out. Amane has ass HP and Azrael deals absolutely lol damage off everything. But to counter that he does have to work to get in. Zone him out, Don't let him stock a Phalanx, and just don't get hit by Valiant Charger. Ever. I'd go as far to say if that hits you, the following mixup has to be blocked otherwise you lose. Simple, really.

I don't know much Amane. But I hoped this helped:

- His Backdash is good. But it won't beat solid Oki

- Black Hawk Stinger is a really quick 3/4 screen punish. Don't whiff shit haha.

- Zone him out. Pester him and play the "Lame" game.

- FabHop.

(I've never even played Azrael so this is just Speculation from what is known already. And it's mainly theory fighter with a lot of reference. Take it as you will. Hope it helped)

Can some1 help me figuring out all the palettes references from this video? I want to make a video showing all the references.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqxJ4BxNAro

Here is a list of anime references I have compiled so far:

Relius: Full Frontal + Ignis as Sinanju (Gundam Unicorn)

Ragna: Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)

Noel: Mami Tomoe (Madoka Magica)

Platinum: Madoka Kaname (Madoka Magica)

Makoto: Zessica (Aquarion EVOL)

Bang: Goku (Dragon Ball Z)

Azrael: Kamina (Gurren Lagann)

Bullet: Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)

Rachel: Kuroneko (Oreimo)

Carl: Lieselotte Achenbach + Nirvana as Elfride (Arcana Heart)

Taokaka: Felicia (Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior)

Tsubaki: Himari Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum)

Hakumen: Berserker (Fate/Zero)

Amane: Inga (Un-Go)

Nu: Yuno Gasai (Mirai Nikki)

Jin: Amaimon (Ao no Exorcist)

Arakune: Tachikoma (Ghost in the Shell)

Tager: Brahms (Valkyrie Profile)

Hazama: Kenji Murasame (Giant Robo)

Litchi: Sakuya (Okami)

Valkenhayn is the only one left, as I have yet to identify his anime reference.

^At first glance I thought Hakumen's said Berserk, as in Guts or his Berserker armor from the manga of the same name, but then I got really disappointed :(

Edit: Can't wait to fight endless Rachigos online

Nu has a Gasai palette?

Haha. I don't even need to tell you the state of my Nutbladder right now.

^At first glance I thought Hakumen's said Berserk, as in Guts or his Berserker armor from the manga of the same name, but then I got really disappointed

Omg me too. I was hoping Bullet would have a Casca palette as well, but the Major is fine too.

Izayoi better have a Valkyrie color.

Taokaka: Felicia (Darkstalkers)

Valkenhayn and Litchi are the only ones left, as I have yet to identify those.

Thx man, I was doing the vid right now and got stuck with some of them, now just need the Valk and Litchi 1s. THX

Nu having a Gasai color seems like she's just demanding I play her again or something.

Her new mode switching seems like it'll make her a deeper character overall, and I like what she's looking like.

Also wait...Jin has Amaimon? He has my Earth King?

Well fuck.

It's kinda sad that palettes can actually influence my opinion of a character, but Bullet suddenly became 150% cooler. :rolleyes:

Now just get Elizabeth Mary McGlynn to voice her, and we're good.

Tager has Brahms, that makes sense as his 360/720's were a bloody curse.

I'm terrible. Sorry xD Either way, haven't those been nerfed in CP. I haven't read much info on all the other characters but I thought I heard/read that somewhere?

^At first glance I thought Hakumen's said Berserk, as in Guts or his Berserker armor from the manga of the same name, but then I got really disappointed :(

Edit: Can't wait to fight endless Rachigos online

Berserker is awesome. http://sekijitsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/5-2.jpg

Just look at this guy.

Berserker is awesome. http://sekijitsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/5-2.jpg

Just look at this guy.

Good to see someone knows how badass

Lancelot of the Lake

Here are better examples of why that color palette is badass:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111031173047/typemoon/images/d/d5/BerserkerGoB.gif

http://static.zerochan.net/Berserker.(Fate.zero).full.882475.jpg

I'm assuming that you're talking about the anime reference ones.

Ragna: Ichigo (Bleach)

Jin: Amaimon (Blue Exorcist). This is backed up by the fact that the two characters share the same VA (Tetsuya).

Noel: Mami (Madoka)

Tao: Felicia (Vampire Savior)

Bang: Goku (DBZ)

Plat: Madoka (Meguca Meduka)

Azrael: Kamina

The fact that Azrael has a Kamina palette but Jin doesn't have an adult Simon palette is ridiculous (they even have the same VA!). I don't know about the rest.

Tao's is actually Ika Musume; Arakune's is Tachikoma (Ghost in the Shell); Hakumen's Berserker from Fate Zero; Rachel's probably Kuroneko? From Oreimo; Tager, no idea, Eva-01? Makoto's CC from Code Geass? And I'd like to think that Bullet is Makoto from Ghost in the Shell, also. I have absolutely no idea about Hazama, Litchi and the others.

EDIT: Fuck I just noticed I got ninja'd pages ago, at least I got the Tao part right. Come on people, it's the anime palette, why would it be Felicia :toot:

EDIT: Fuck I just noticed I got ninja'd pages ago, at least I got the Tao part right. Come on people, it's the anime palette, why would it be Felicia :toot:

The colors in Tao's anime reference made me think of Felicia, as they are kinda similar to her's.

Thanks for the correction, I have since made that change in my list a few pages back.

Yeah, that makes more sense.

Still, that also means Tager's Brahms palette probably isn't so, which kinda sucks.

LOL... it's not "anime" colour, it's "reference" colour (Japanese call it "parody colour"). Same as in CS, where Jin had Ky Kiske, Hazama had The Joker and Valkenhayn had Jon Talbain.

Felicia and Ika Musume have BASICALLY very similar colours, but Felicia is a more likely reference because CAT.

Taokaka: Ika Musume (Squid Girl)

Valkenhayn and Litchi are the only ones left, as I have yet to identify those.

Litchi is Sakuya (Okami).

LOL... it's not "anime" colour, it's "reference" colour (Japanese call it "parody colour"). Same as in CS, where Jin had Ky Kiske, Hazama had The Joker and Valkenhayn had Jon Talbain.

That was in CS, this is CP :toot:

Taokaka: Ika Musume (Squid Girl)

No, it's Felicia. You know, the catgirl, the one that actually has those colors to a T (whereas Ika has no pink on her)