Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Does CP still have guard bonus?

If by guard bonus, you mean heat gained everytime you IB successfully, then I believe it's still in CP.

If by guard bonus, you mean heat gained everytime you IB successfully, then I believe it's still in CP.

Guard Bonus is when the game automatically IB's every hit for you, if you're stuck in blockstun for too long.

Everything else is semantics and theory fighter.

You are wrong and it hurts me to say this...

Stop it Skye!

Explain, there's no lesson to learn if I'm never taught.

You are throwing away people's arguments by telling them it's theory fighter.

That's just no good.

Saying "It gives you a bonus" is pretty obvious, the question is how it compares to your other options outside of a vacuum. I mean, you could say "it gives you a bonus" if you spent 50 heat to add 600 damage to the end of a Ragna combo, but nobody would do it unless it was for the kill because you could do so many other things instead with it. You have to take into account what else you can do.

But it really is that simple.

I never said it should be the first thing done in every match, but it's done solely for that reason. Obviously the player has plans to capitalize, and it doesn't and won't always go as planned.

I'm not trying to sound like a cunt playing the "Theory Fighter" card, but when your points boil down to what ifs, the whole subject becomes too broad for a rational debate. Obviously a lot can happen in the first 4 seconds of a round.

imo

I haven't kept up with BB's story, but the whole tsubaki unlocking her weapon's potential and becoming izayoi made me wonder if bang will get the same treatment (bang after he has figured out how to use his own weapon)

I actually agree with Skye and other people about Hakumen (and even Tsubaki to a lesser degree) using Overdrive at the start of the round. It clearly gives them an "advantage" that other characters aren't really capable of getting the same way. And for those saying they would rather save it for later / use it for a burst, that is precisely why it is good because you COULD very well get that burst back before the round is even over depending on how the match goes. Beyond that you are going to get into theory fighter territory on whether or not it is worth it to actually do.

I'm pretty sure I saw a match where Hakumen used OD at the start and was at full meter 10 seconds into the match. That seems pretty damn good to me, and if it was any other character it would be seen as amazing. It's similar to landing a Gold Burst at the start of a fight in GG, except he gets to do it without even having to make it hit. I'm not saying it is a good or bad thing for the game, since they do give up their burst at least for a duration, but it does have more usage for them than it does for other characters.

Maybe a better design for their Overdrive would've been to just have them not use up their meters for the duration. EDIT: Or just let Hakumen's be Mugen and Tsubaki's be Macto Maledictis, and give them new Distortions instead to replace them.

S+:Jin Tao Hazama

S:Hakumen Litchi Valken Relius

A+:μ・ Azrael

A:Platinum Ragna Carl Nu

B:Arakune Bullet Rachel Tsubaki Tager

C:Makoto Noel Amane Bang

S:Tao Jin Hazama Litchi

A:Hakumen Valkenhyne μ Relius Azrael

B:Rachel Tsubaki Tager Platinum Ragna Carl Nu Arakune bullet

I am not going to start a tier war discussion here, but i think it's way too early to be speculating on tiers of a game that has been just released.

Citation needed even though it's too early to be talking about this stuff anyway.

I haven't kept up with BB's story, but the whole tsubaki unlocking her weapon's potential and becoming yayoi made me wonder if bang will get the same treatment (bang after he has figured out how to use his own weapon)

..YEEES. We need something like an Ultraman Bang, or something humorously appropriate. Platinum's evil twin, here we come!

I haven't kept up with BB's story, but the whole tsubaki unlocking her weapon's potential and becoming izayoi made me wonder if bang will get the same treatment (bang after he has figured out how to use his own weapon)

Err..i can't see Bang will get something like that because he's a joke character,but i can see it happen in the gag ending.

Err..i can't see Bang will get something like that because he's a joke character,but i can see it happen in the gag ending.

bang fulfills comic relief for sure but he is hardly a joke character as he and/or his weapon will have profound impact on .. literally everything

bang fulfills comic relief for sure but he is hardly a joke character as he and/or his weapon will have profound impact on .. literally everything

Yeah i can see your point,but if i remember correctly Relius say to Bang if he's use Rettenjou the world will end and the central point in this game is six heroes and sector seven right?So i think Kokonoe and all the six heroes is the one who will get an important role in this game not Bang.

Ikaruga is also going to be of importance, so Bang having a key role in CP is likely. Assuming one has yet to be provided and I'm not simply ignorant of the matter, I personally would like an explanation of how Bang obtained his Nox Nyctores and had no idea that it was one until Platinum told him.

Ikaruga is also going to be of importance, so Bang having a key role in CP is likely. Assuming one has yet to be provided and I'm not simply ignorant of the matter, I personally would like an explanation of how Bang obtained his Nox Nyctores and had no idea that it was one until Platinum told him.

If i remember correctly Tenjou gave him the Nox Nyctores during Ikaruga war right before he's die and i think Tsubaki,Kokonoe,Six Heroes,and the Amaterasu unit is the most important part in this game.

Yeah i can see your point,but if i remember correctly Relius say to Bang if he's use Rettenjou the world will end and the central point in this game is six heroes and sector seven right?So i think Kokonoe and all the six heroes is the one who will get an important role in this game not Bang.

Keep in mind that the story mode is split to three parts. So having first one focus on Six Heroes, second one focus on Sector Seven and third one focus on something else (Like Ikaruga and Bang), would be logical.

I personally would like an explanation of how Bang obtained his Nox Nyctores and had no idea that it was one until Platinum told him.

Tenjo had Phoenix on his possession, and either gave it away to Bang before he died or Bang took it as memento of his fallen master. Phoenix also had been believed to have been lost after Dark War, so either Tenjo didn 't know about what it was, or he did know it was Phoenix, but didn't tell no one about it to make sure it didn't fall into wrong hands.