Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Everyone always complains of the new sound effects/announcers in each new BB/GG. It's nothing new it's been like that since at least AC lol. Eventually everyone forgets about these changes, and you'll only hear complaints when they change them again lol.

This would be true except for the fact that Guilty Gear X actually DID have better quality sound effects compared to GGXX's compression that ruined normal speakers if you cranked SFX all the way up. Anything from Jam or Sol, really.

And Calamity Trigger's SFX were pretty good stand-alone...they didn't really NEED to change them (well okay, maybe Rachel's Lightning Bolt was too loud at first...but other than that).

Any news on the soundtrack? I'm jonesin' for some Gale II, man.

Still no news regarding the soundtrack, but there are still some untranslated material from past interviews, articles, and also a little bit of content from the latest Bururaji Hyper episode.

Still no news regarding the soundtrack, but there are still some untranslated material from past interviews, articles, and also a little bit of content from the latest Bururaji Hyper episode.

Not to mention that article some time back that mentioned something big coming on february. Could also be it.

Remember? The one someone accidentally mistranslated as console release in february and this thread exploded until someone corrected it? good times :v:

But ya, no real concrete news yet. Just speculation of what mistranslated articles and upcoming announcements may be about.

I'm guessing we'll get some DLC colors sometime after console release

Plus i thought the 7-16 are "DLC" or am i mistaken about that?

But even without any extra colors 16 is more than enough

i really hope its not dlc. i thought how extended did the color unlock is a much better idea.

Not to mention that article some time back that mentioned something big coming on february. Could also be it.

Remember? The one someone accidentally mistranslated as console release in february and this thread exploded until someone corrected it? good times :v:

But ya, no real concrete news yet. Just speculation of what mistranslated articles and upcoming announcements may be about.

I think that only a bururaji hyper episode will come out in february, however there was something about once the episodes start to come out twice a month the game release will follow soon.

Thats a pretty serious penalty all things considered

If by that you mean "Here come the crush triggers!" then yes, I agree.

If by that you mean "Here come the crush triggers!" then yes, I agree.

Thats primarily what I meant but you can also consider mixups and pressures that work vs Non-barrier guarded opponents - some of which can be quite difficult to handle

Thats primarily what I meant but you can also consider mixups and pressures that work vs Non-barrier guarded opponents - some of which can be quite difficult to handle

Assuming Danger state is as it was before, then add boosted damage to the threat of any such blockstring. The fact that negative penalty no longer stacks with danger state notwithstanding (Since they're one and the same now), Negative penalty seems much nastier than before. Guessing it's possible to reapply negative penalty and zero your barrier gauge before its had a chance to regain 50% too.

Speaking of which -- doesnt barrier gauge deplete faster now?

Not sure, but Barrier blocking a crush trigger takes a sizable chunk off of it, character dependant iirc.

It definitely looks like it depletes faster if you hold it. No barrier also means you have to IB a ton of shit in the air so there's that if you get into danger state.

It definitely looks like it depletes faster if you hold it. No barrier also means you have to IB a ton of shit in the air so there's that if you get into danger state.

We haven't been able to substitute barrier with IB since CS.

Air IB stopped being an alternative to blocking AUB attacks when CS hit.

Wish it was still in, personally. I felt good air IBing IDs and Blizzard after a Barrier Burst.

i really hope its not dlc. i thought how extended did the color unlock is a much better idea.

Oh god you can unlock the colors through the gallery? I literally just found this out haha.

I feel so stupid after playing this game so much and only finding this out now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K7TH0mKWudI#t=462s

So you don't need to drop the combo that enables Astral to use it now? Old news?

He met ever astral condition except meter requirement, you only need to reset the combo if you started with the opponent above 35% health.