Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

The "netcode" is fine. Get better internet, get off wireless, don't play randoms who you have no idea where they are from.

I've played multiple people at this point and I've only really lagged with one person and who knows why since it wasn't "distance". It's been more than playable to me 99% of the time, just like BB has always been and yet people always say it's the "netcode" that's the problem and couldn't possibly be their own connection or their opponents.

Not even remotely true. Play with people on BB with flawless conn, "Hey let's go play GG!" "Sure!" *go play with same person* conn becomes complete shit.

We've been through this.

zeth is right, the only time when i have ever experienced a bad netcode in GG so far is when I random'd. And when I did a set with a friend who I knew had bad net. Other than that its pretty damn fine, I get 2-3 bars with a fellow up in Canada. Id say the netcode is pretty comparable to BB's. It's just the match making is a horrible abomination that needs to be burned at the stake.

Not even remotely true. Play with people on BB with flawless conn, "Hey let's go play GG!" "Sure!" *go play with same person* conn becomes complete shit.

We've been through this.

Yeah, it's not like netcode doesn't exist and isn't different for different games.

zeth is right, the only time when i have ever experienced a bad netcode in GG so far is when I random'd. And when I did a set with a friend who I knew had bad net. Other than that its pretty damn fine, I get 2-3 bars with a fellow up in Canada. Id say the netcode is pretty comparable to BB's. It's just the match making is a horrible abomination that needs to be burned at the stake.

I've played like 10k BB games from CT-CSE and P4A with a friend of mine in CA, we have 3 bars constantly and 0 problems. GG is completely unplayable for us with horrible delay and random speed-up slow-downs.

So there's my experience with GG netcode.

As for CP, I really hope they implement P4A's lobby features in CP (autopass, pass timeout, etc.)

I Play the same people mainly in those 3 games and the people I have good connections with I have good connections with in GG. And the bad ones, bad connections. I cant really give you an answer as to why it's so bad for you. In any case, not the place to really talk about GG's netcode in here.

But I do agree that they should have the lobby system similar or on par to how P4's were. If it wasn't that would make absolutely no sense.

That's not to say netcode is the best though, I'll have a better connection playing someone in Marvel than I will playing that same person in CSX (dun have GG so can't compare to that).

marvel netcode is fucking ass, i really find the claim that cse's is as bad to not be believable

they choose to pretend the 360 side of their BB fanbase doesn't exist.

Most retailers don't sell 360 games or systems in stores in Japan, due to said fan-base actually not existing.

The only reason I'd hate to get PS3 CP is because my stick is not cross-console compatible. That and I'm unsure how well PSN can perform.

Well, I guess my brother having a dream about getting a PS3 and randomly waking up and buying one only to end up not having any games for it might actually come in handy for a change.

Well, I guess my brother having a dream about getting a PS3 and randomly waking up and buying one only to end up not having any games for it might actually come in handy for a change.

He'd have Demon's Souls at least! That game must not be missed for the PS3.

Well, I can play an online match with a specific person in CSE and it be completely unplayable, then go to Skull Girls and have a great time with the same person. It can be done better, and then I can go random on GGPO on my laptop and get near flawless games, (if only I could get GGPO to start a match reliably.)

Quality exists as a spectrum; it's not quantized. There is no: This is bad, this is good. There's bad, kinda bad, kinda good, etc, on a sliding scale here. All because BB's netcode isn't the worst and can work for some players fine doesn't mean that it isn't the best and that it can't be improved. And if it can be reasonably improved, which I think Skull Girls proves, then they probably should.

It's also worth remembering that not everyone has access to reasonably priced high speed access, if they have access to any at all. For instance, my Grandfather in New Hampshire has been angrily stuck on dial-up for years because his cable/satellite provider, last time I checked, didn't offer high speed internet where he lived. Not that you can play a fighter with dial up, but you get the point; location affects what you can get. Where I live, I'm stuck with freak'in Comcast, which is notorious.

On top of that, I'm a poor college student, not only can I not really afford to be spending much more on internet just to play BB online (I'm already forced to be super frugal usually; only just got Extend a few weeks ago because it was on sale under $20), but I live in a college apartment complex with 3 other roommates and their game consoles and a bunch of other internet addicted students in the other apartments. With Comcast. Would you like to know what that can do to my connection? First, I HAVE to connect wireless. I've tried moving my router into my room and doing an ethernet connection. Not only did this strangely not really help much, but not all my roommates could get a signal. So back to the center of the apartment it goes. Then let's wait till they start using their consoles to watch or play games, and then let all my neighbors do the same- for remember this is Comcast and they overbook so speeds at peak hours can be severely retarded, and ugh!

Yet, even with all that, I can still get good matches on usually GGPO, and Skull Girls works fairly well. Much better than BB. And I'll be there are a lot of people in a similar position as myself where they have decent enough connection to play online games, but they need just enough extra assistance with netcode, such as what GGPO provides, to make it work for fighting games.

So simply saying that someone should "buy a better connection" is silly. They very well may not be able to reasonably buy better internet, and their connection may be capable of playing games with little or no delay depending on the type of netcode used, such as GGPO proves in my case. I have had lagless games, thanks to GGPO's rollback features, on both my computer and in Skull girls, playing random people. I'd like to have that in BlazBlue without having to move to another home and paying $100 a month in internet.

The "netcode" is fine. Get better internet, get off wireless, don't play randoms who you have no idea where they are from.

I've played multiple people at this point and I've only really lagged with one person and who knows why since it wasn't "distance". It's been more than playable to me 99% of the time, just like BB has always been and yet people always say it's the "netcode" that's the problem and couldn't possibly be their own connection or their opponents.

I'm not going to participate in this debate again since it will make Circuitous mad, so I'll only go as far to say:

1. I don't play on wireless

2. I live in the metropolitan area of one of the major cities in America. My county is ranked 30th in U.S. broadband rankings (that's out of 3000+, meaning my county is in the top 1%), and my average up/down speeds smoke the national average (I get around 25mb down, 5mb up). My connection is fine.

3. My connections on BB are above average (mostly 3s regardless of distance in the US, some 2s and 4s). GG doesn't use the same netcode as BB and if you think that, please explain why the character select screen lags on GG but does not lag on BB, and why it doesn't support lobbies/spectators/etc yet. I mean, if they just reused the code, all that stuff is already done, right? Or maybe it's different code that is implemented differently.

4. Go fuck yourself.

Goddamn you guys are hilarious.

Let's talk about something less completely subjective.

What's everyone's thoughts on the new combo system now that it's been explored more thoroughly?

I cannot resist replying to this netcode thing since Zeth never believes in it somehow. :P

Zeth, just because YOUR connection doesn't give you problems, doesn't mean that the netcode is not at fault when there are problems for others. It might be fine for 70% of the people, but as long as there are cases that exist where you have people with the same connection fine in one game and then suddenly terrible in another, then it's possible the netcode is at fault. It doesn't need to affect everyone equally to exist, just like other connection problems.

Besides, don't they say in every game that they're going to "improve" the netcode? That means they intend a change in the state of the netcode, which means there should be a difference between them, which means there can be differences in netcode quality between games.

New combo system is weird from what ive seen and heard.

Starter + Hitstun = combo time sum?

so what do fatal counters involves anymore or do they passively increase all hitstun by 2fs?

does it factor or boost the time? or does it simply allow better links?

Why can't we just move on when somebody says something stupid instead of wasting two pages on it?

You must be new here.

Just a friendly precaution;

I (and other mods) are authorized to distribute infractions to enforce the rules of this thread.

Drop it and take it to PMs.

New combo system is weird from what ive seen and heard.

Starter + Hitstun = combo time sum?

so what do fatal counters involves anymore or do they passively increase all hitstun by 2fs?

does it factor or boost the time? or does it simply allow better links?

I saw Ragna's Blood Scythe FC on standing and he followed up with * > 5c > 6c. I think that the added hitstun is still there.

I also think that some attacks increase the combo time.

Well, we're not trying to deduce how it works. Just giving second hand impressions based on;

What we know.

What we've seen.

Just a friendly precaution;

I (and other mods) are authorized to distribute infractions to enforce the rules of this thread.

Drop it and take it to PMs.

I saw Ragna's Blood Scythe FC on standing and he followed up with * > 5c > 6c. I think that the added hitstun is still there.

I also think that some attacks increase the combo time.

To be fair, Netcode is a vital gameplay element for many people. It is getting hot in here though.

So wait, are you saying now the combo system works by calculating a total sum of "stun" on your confirm (instead of calculating a new hitstun on every hit like in previous BB)? Is that why I see people doing all kinds of crazy stuff that wouldn't have a chance of working on CSE?

Well, we're not trying to deduce how it works. Just giving second hand impressions based on;

What we know.

What we've seen.

Oh.

In that case:

If Pachi (or whoever it was) didn't even mention that they reworked the combo system, I wouldn't have even noticed. It doesn't seem like it makes that much of a difference.

Oh.

In that case:

If Pachi (or whoever it was) didn't even mention that they reworked the combo system, I wouldn't have even noticed. It doesn't seem like it makes that much of a difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCNGf-whSmA&feature=youtu.be&t=1h9m23s

The 6C at the end of this combo wouldn't even be remotely possible with the old system.