Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

I was so hyped yesterday, and today I see what they have done with Hakumen. ._.

It's enough to make a man sad. Really sad. T_T

Have you heard anything about what Relius' new moves actually look like?

One of them works like optic barrel. Relius pulls a lever and a projectile appears out of the floor at set distance.

It's enough to make a man sad. Really sad. T_T

One of them works like optic barrel. Relius pulls a lever and a projectile appears out of the floor at set distance.

Does Taokaka still have 3 jumps and 2 air dashes? I heard something about it being limited, but it might just be after drive cancels.

That sounds very nice, it apparantly hits low too so hopefully it'll be a great tool for pressuring downed opponents and Relius getting more moves he can do on his own is hype.

Thank you!

It's enough to make a man sad. Really sad. T_T.

Guess we got to take the good with the bad until next loketest.

How safe is agito against anti-airs?

*crosses fingers it doesn't look like an upside down hotaru*

About the Select Screen. This can't be right...

a>

There's only 17 slots so far.

If we go by "Synergy" that is.

OH wait, 19, missed one cell in upper left. ><

Bring back 3C knockdown, decrease corner emphasis and I'm sold.

Not going to lie, 3C hard knockdown would be pretty epic.

BTW, where have you been? Chicago misses you man! Post more in the thread, and PM me if you wanna know what is going down this month for us! We need some stronger players like yourself bro.

Those bang changes seem a little harsh tbh. Hopefully he's been buffed in other ways to balance it out.

Im wondering if valk's 236B will still have bonus damage on rapid cancel. Probably not ;/

I'm really not liking overdrive as the moment. Sounds like a comeback mechanic designed for scrubs.

BB does NOT need comeback mechanics. God this is nearly as bad as Scrub-Factor...I mean, X-factor...

I'm really not liking overdrive as the moment. Sounds like a comeback mechanic designed for scrubs.

BB does NOT need comeback mechanics. God this is nearly as bad as Scrub-Factor...I mean, X-factor...

You could say that about bursts too.

I mean, it might end up bad, but who knows.

Well, they way that they're using it is similar to how X-Factor works by what we hear but I'm sure it's not going to be as bad as X-Factor. For some, it unlocks a new mode (Ragna = Blood Kain; Bang = FRKZ, Jin = Yukianesa Mode) and it's only available when the gauge is full, so it's not going to be a Rebel One, ACTION > Activate Overdrive from what I'm getting from this.

Honestly, I was against it at first but after discussing what could come of this, it could be good for the game. But let's not kill the hype for it, we have yet to see it in action.

Bursts have massive drawbacks if you fuck them up, and even if you use them correctly, they're limited and not just an instant "LOL DAMAGE" button.

Actually, since I got OK at BB baiting bursts won me more matches than I would have been able to otherwise due to free resets.

...not to say I haven't gotten bodied as much for bursting obviously but...

Anyway, I hope these Bang changes explain themselves quickly, since it needs four seals that nail distortion better hit like a truck.

I think that Overdrives have the potential to be very interesting. The only thing I'm even a little skeptical about is the fact that they get better the lower your health is. That sounds very much like a comeback mechanic.

That said, I agree with TM, it's way, way, WAY too early to tell how good or bad it is.

(following the trend of having this news making me actually register)

This overdrive thing sounds like a really good idea on paper. And I do have faith that it will transfer well into actual gameplay.

If you think of it that way then it's the same concept as awakening mode in persona and if you think of it like that then it should work for the better.

I'm sure Overdrive mode is going to be well implemented. I'm already liking it in that it has specific changes to each character, so it's not really a universal buff, like X-Factor was. All in all, I just can't wait to see it in action, and the different combo options it'll open up for different characters!

I've been thinking of it more like HD in KOFXIII. Costs you something important (burst as opposed to Drive meter), for a temporary powerup that enables more/better combos and/or boosts your characters skills. It's not free like X-Factor nor is it a straight-up power boost but more intricate than that.

Definitely too early to be comparing it to X-Factor, so it's not worth getting worked-up over either way. But, at least it looks to have more strategical considerations involved; rather than being a no-reason-not-do-it attack boost.

Fuck this Overdrive shit, it's not important compared to these inglorious Bang changes.

Tell me those 1st Loketest Bang changes are a joke. Tell me Dora was the guy that posted those to troll the west.

TELL ME