Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

About the Select Screen. This can't be right...

ssscreen.png

There's only 17 slots so far.

If we go by "Synergy" that is.

OH wait, 19, missed one cell in upper left. ><

I see twenty :psyduck:

why are people so worked up over the changes of the first loketest, this stuff will probably change in the next one

I've been thinking of it more like HD in KOFXIII. Costs you something important (burst as opposed to Drive meter), for a temporary powerup that enables more/better combos and/or boosts your characters skills. It's not free like X-Factor nor is it a straight-up power boost but more intricate than that.

Fucking this.

I wonder how many times we have to go through the first Loke tests looking nothing like the final version of the game before people stop going crazy about them.

My guess is infinity. It's slated for Winter. it's still Summer. Let's atleast wait till Fall to freak out?

My guess is infinity. It's slated for Winter. it's still Summer. Let's atleast wait till Fall to freak out?

agreed.

If P4U is any indication we won't even be able to play the game for ~5-6 months after Arcade release. If BBCS is any indication we'll be waiting ~8-9 months. And that's assuming importing is possible, because I'm not taking anything for granted anymore thanks to P4U.

To put in context, part of P4U's loketesting was in December of 2011 and the game came out in March, JP release date on consoles was at the end of July.

Bottom line is, why are you stressing out about loketesting when we're not even going to be able to play this game for probably a little under a year from now? If you're freaking out now, buckle down because it's a long ride kiddies.

I think people need to stop comparing things like Overdrive and Awakening (or anything for that matter really) to X-Factor, it's really an unfair comparison. X-Factor was, and still is, bat-shit insane in how they implemented it, everyone knows it, but that shouldn't damn companies from trying a similar idea... the CONCEPT of X-Factor is actually pretty interesting when you disregard how blatantly overpowered Capcom made it.

Besides, according to what's in the BBCP data thread atm Overdrive lasts a maximum of 15 seconds, 15 seconds is a lot in MVC3 time, but in BB, with the amount of health it probably takes to get 15 seconds of Overdrive, unless you're pressuring the shit out of them (or playing keepaway like a baws) good luck surviving the 15 seconds you get...

Personally from what I've seen of BBCP so far it seems that ASW is taking what they learned from people's reaction to P4A and using it to improve their flagship franchise (Overdrive/Awakening, Bursts serving secondary functions, etc.) which is great.

All that aside, I'm DYING to see the crazy shit some characters will be able to pull off combo-wise in Overdrive mode... If it wasn't for P4A I would cryogenically freeze myself until this game came out lol...

So is Overdrive mode basically Concentration One from the SamSho series?

More or less, but not being able to burst while you're on Overdrive (I think, I'm not actually sure on this but that's what everything seems to imply).

I wonder how many times we have to go through the first Loke tests looking nothing like the final version of the game before people stop going crazy about them.

Dunno, CSE Tsubaki got screwed pretty much all the ways the first Loktest said. :P

More or less, but not being able to burst while you're on Overdrive (I think, I'm not actually sure on this but that's what everything seems to imply).

Would be nice if you could burst during Overdrive, but it results in it ending prematurely.

I see a lot of people mentionning Bullet's "tail".

But I can't see it. For me that's her belt.

So please guys, am I friggin' blind or what ?

It is her belt, it's pretty clear to be honest :lol:

I think people need to stop comparing things like Overdrive and Awakening (or anything for that matter really) to X-Factor, it's really an unfair comparison. X-Factor was, and still is, bat-shit insane in how they implemented it, everyone knows it, but that shouldn't damn companies from trying a similar idea... the CONCEPT of X-Factor is actually pretty interesting when you disregard how blatantly overpowered Capcom made it.

Besides, according to what's in the BBCP data thread atm Overdrive lasts a maximum of 15 seconds, 15 seconds is a lot in MVC3 time, but in BB, with the amount of health it probably takes to get 15 seconds of Overdrive, unless you're pressuring the shit out of them (or playing keepaway like a baws) good luck surviving the 15 seconds you get...

Personally from what I've seen of BBCP so far it seems that ASW is taking what they learned from people's reaction to P4A and using it to improve their flagship franchise (Overdrive/Awakening, Bursts serving secondary functions, etc.) which is great.

All that aside, I'm DYING to see the crazy shit some characters will be able to pull off combo-wise in Overdrive mode... If it wasn't for P4A I would cryogenically freeze myself until this game came out lol...

Basically this.

On bullet's "Tail", the first ten times I watched the trailer I didn't notice she had anything but sexiness, then I read some people talking about it, But it is clearly a belt. it looks nothing like any sort of animal tail I've ever seen. But then again this is Arcsys lol so anything can happen.

I see a lot of people mentionning Bullet's "tail".

But I can't see it. For me that's her belt.

So please guys, am I friggin' blind or what ?

It is her tail, it's pretty clear to be honest :lol:

:>

It is her belt, it's pretty clear to be honest :lol:

It is her tail, it's pretty clear to be honest :lol:

WOLFCRIMSON is confused!

WOLFCRIMSON hurt itself in its confusion!

Would be nice if you could burst during Overdrive, but it results in it ending prematurely.

Oh, can you? I thought you were just burst-less until you went back to normal.

There will never be a mechanic as amazing as X-Factor.

You shouldn't lie to yourself like that, it's not healthy lol...

I hope they give Hazama some way to do a legitimate combo for once so he doesn't have to do loops all day long... IF I WANTED LOOPS I'D MAIN CARL ASW! FIX IT!

It should be interesting to see how they buff/nerf characters specific Overdrive modes throughout these loketests... I wonder if they'll go so far as to nerf a characters normal play to compensate for having a particularly OP Overdrive or something of that nature (honestly, I hope they opt for doing the opposite actually, but it's not really up to us lol)

Herp. Skipped the "would be nice if" part on that post.

Yeah, it would be nice, but then there'd be nothing stopping you from just going into Overdrive when you're about to lose the round, making it quite comeback-esque. I think I prefer it rendering you defenseless.

BTW, now that the Bursts are different, how will Astrals work? :psyduck: