Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Why the hell do you not tech with A?

I tech with both. You miss frames if you don't mash more than just A.

Speculation: Nu/Lambada/etc. and Mu are having their sprites re-worked so that they no longer share animations, and will be in the final version. Please? :(

How do you tech and do a 6A? You have forever to react to your ground tech and stop mashing.

Hmmm, maybe. I think I meant j.A and got brainfucked there :psyduck:. I certainly remember doing random j.A with Relius when trying to tech.

Wouldn't doubt it. Well that, and the image 3:03 in the trailer video has me skeptical. Lambda did like disintegrate at the end of CS, so maybe it's time to see the appearance of Kappa-10.

On a side note, what does it mean for Carl's OD when it says "strengthen up Nirvana?" Because compared to bang getting FRKZ, Rags getting non health drop BK, and Ara getting an extended curse, Nirvana only getting a damage increase seems a little....meh.

Maybe like Unlimited Nirvana (really fast moves, increased hits, increased walk speed etc)? I dunno, just guessing.

or,carl will be the dummy while you control ada xD imagine

I thought that at first, and then I thought that's a little to broken. I mean, with unlimited Nirvana you get easy free unblockables. Fuoco literally lasts long enough for me to fully charge my horse for a free combo. Oh well, guess we'll have to wait and see whether his OD is weak or braindead good.

I really hope that the Murakumo's are just gone for redesign purposes though. They were easily some of my favorite playstyles.

On a side note, what does it mean for Carl's OD when it says "strengthen up Nirvana?" Because compared to bang getting FRKZ, Rags getting non health drop BK, and Ara getting an extended curse, Nirvana only getting a damage increase seems a little....meh.

Granted "strengthen up" is pretty vague, and could mean (un)literally anything. Though even if it was 'just' a damage increase... while not wholly exciting, it could well make a huge, scary difference. Just imagine every one of Nirvana's attacks taking out that much more health.

my best guess would be that the meter becomes infinite and she gets armor on all her attacks

I don't think you people understand exactly what a good Carl can (and has always been able to) do with Nirvana.

Strengthening her is frightening on paper alone.

I don't think you people understand exactly what a good Carl can (and has always been able to) do with Nirvana.

Strengthening her is frightening on paper alone.

This. A Million times this.

Carl is the only character in the game who I am genuinely scared to play against. A good Carl is a nightmare personified.

This. A Million times this.

Carl is the only character in the game who I am genuinely scared to play against. A good Carl is a nightmare personified.

Only there's rarely good ones. I'm curious,I'm kinda new to the scene,mind filling me in what stupid stuff he could do?

Only there's rarely good ones. I'm curious,I'm kinda new to the scene,mind filling me in what stupid stuff he could do?

- Matchup Knowledge: Carl can do a lot of stuff. Learning the matchup is incredibly hard. You end up fighting on pure instinct about 50% of the time.

- Unblockables: Carl can do unblockables on everyone. Worse still, he can loop them.

- Resets: He will reset you for days and you won't even notice until after he hits you. 1 Reset usually means the round for some characters.

- Damage Output: Carl has an above average damage output. Corner BNB's break 4K into Strong Oki no sweat. 7K from strong starters.

- Hitbox: Shota hitbox means a lot of your combos don't even work on him.

- Heat Gain: 2A Midscreen = 50+ Heat all of the time.

- Hacks: The Mixup and pressure Carl can dish out is just wtf. I just call them all hackers :I:

- Matchup Knowledge: Carl can do a lot of stuff. Learning the matchup is incredibly hard. You end up fighting on pure instinct about 50% of the time.

- Unblockables: Carl can do unblockables on everyone. Worse still, he can loop them.

- Resets: He will reset you for days and you won't even notice until after he hits you. 1 Reset usually means the round for some characters.

- Damage Output: Carl has an above average damage output. Corner BNB's break 4K into Strong Oki no sweat. 7K from strong starters.

- Hitbox: Shota hitbox means a lot of your combos don't even work on him.

- Heat Gain: 2A Midscreen = 50+ Heat all of the time.

- Hacks: The Mixup and pressure Carl can dish out is just wtf. I just call them all hackers :I:

you forgot about brio

I've never fought a Carl at that high a level before. East Coast isnt full of them unfortunately =/ I've seen some stupid mixups before and that looked extremely irritating,but didn't know about the resets. Overdrive sounds like time to run your ass off with him now.

i wonder if there will be a way to combo then go into overdive and continue the combo???

Does the start-up of overdrive act like a gold burst? Or is it more like extend force in AH3. Both of these would make it fairly simple to combo into.

I can imagine the ovrdrive we are hearing about now won't be remotely close to what we get on console release. Im just saving my fucks about that right now.

Just realized there is no mention of astral heats on that movelist. I know Relius' wasn't ready for a while after he was first shown, but that goes for all characters this time.

I think either they are remaking them all, or they are not sure about how would they work with the new mechanics, or they might have gone entirely.

I can imagine the ovrdrive we are hearing about now won't be remotely close to what we get on console release. Im just saving my fucks about that right now.

true but it doesn't hurt to at least brain storm a little

Just realized there is no mention of astral heats on that movelist. I know Relius' wasn't ready for a while after he was first shown, but that goes for all characters this time.

I think either they are remaking them all, or they are not sure about how would they work with the new mechanics, or they might have gone entirely.

Amane turning Ragna into a younger Ragna looks a lot like an astral to me.

It also makes me think he's one of those people obsessed with youth and shit. I'm even more in love.