Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Brain: "Hey, Luminos you should go to dustloop today"

Myself: "Why? It's not the 9th yet. What's in it for me?"

Brain: "Videos of both Terumi and Kagura"

Myself: "...bitchin"

Alright, video quality aside, I like what I was seeing. Pretty stylin' Terumi. Damage looks low, even with his Distortions, the last one barely breaking 3.2K. It also looks like he doesn't actually drain meter, or at least, Haku-men's in this case. I guess they just made it so that he only increases his own meter as opposed to stealing from other characters so long as he hits them. I am honestly OK with this.

Hakumen definitely wasn't losing heat/magatama there. Either Hakumen is exempt, or Terumi just gains large amounts of heat rather than stealing it.

If his drive is "Moves that give him a lot of heat" then that is the most boring drive idea ever. x.x

It sure would have been nice if they displayed the effects of Terumi's meter-stealing Drive on a character that doesn't constantly gain meter for doing nothing.

Also, that meter gain. I was actually expecting Terumi to have a 150-meter super bar or something instead of combos that get 75% in less than 10 hits.

Hakumen definitely wasn't losing heat/magatama there. Either Hakumen is exempt, or Terumi just gains large amounts of heat rather than stealing it.

If it's not literally stealing heat from the opponent, I suspect it might be more along the lines of getting more meter the more meter your opponent has.

I'm rather lacking in knowledge about Kagura, but I wonder if maybe they will try to do something like what SNK has done with Leona in (at least this last) KoF. Where some command normals are 2 hit, have a large amount of hit stun but also recovery, but are special cancellable.

Maybe it's just me but they really didn't show anything spectacular from Kagura in those clips. I dunno why but it felt lackluster. Still, I suspect he'll be a wrecking machine in the right player's hands. Kagura may be a Story Unlock but the arcade doesn't run on console rules.

Because it's safer for them to just remove it. It doesn't matter if it's unlisted if everyone's passing it all around the internet.

If Terumi DOES steal meter from Hakumen, then it's like someone's pooping and you jam their meter the poop back up with your 50% ~ 100% distortion fist. Sure, you're roughly going to get a fancy 1.5k 100% heat combo ender feeling of satisfaction, but at the end of the day no one wants Hakumen OD Mugen to have a hand that smells like poop. Of course there's always the option to NOT give the meter back, but that's just stupid

Yeah, there may be a clear reason why Hakumen isn't losing meter. #BadMatchups

Kagura sword surfs? I don't dislike him anymore lol.

Wow Terumi's meter gain is hilarious I think he shot up 30 to 100 in one combo. Sucks that Hakumen is unaffected by the drain because I wanted to see Hakumen get crippled in a matchup for once. Oh well, they're still testing Terumi so I hope that changes.

If Terumi can't steal meter from Hakumen than I wonder how exactly the matchup will go. Maybe Hakumen will be a good counterpick? Or maybe Terumi's still just better as a character. Can't wait for the release...

Hakumen is a scumbag and needs to learn to share before the game's release or the Terumi forums might as well be the complaint box for Hakumen.

Speaking of scumbag maybe Terumi might have some crazy infinite rapid cancel block strings with all that meter juice flowing through his veins

inb4 only time guard bonus actually happens in a serious match is before day 1 Terumi nerfs

Actually, you brought up a good point...Terumi might have some nucking futs RC setups and shit with all that meter.

I expect some UNIB-level wackiness come day one.

Actually, you brought up a good point...Terumi might have some nucking futs RC setups and shit with all that meter.

I expect some UNIB-level wackiness come day one.

Terumi may actually have some type of ridiculous freedom with his pressure and mixups if he can gain meter just as easily as he spends it. I can picture it right now, he goes for some otherwise impractical full meter setup and gains it all right back in the next BnB. If he has a low damage output this would be why lol.

Anyone notice how much meter Kagura gets from a throw? It's at least half a segment. I'm wondering how his damage output will be. Or if they're command grabs. It's weird not seeing the throws change the characters' positions relative to each other. Though I know that if that did happen it would mess up charge times.

I hope not, but I do see the disadvantage of a charge character in this game. Hoping the Black Gale stances help him out.

I wouldn't be too sure of that yet. P4A's Mitsuru is a charge char and it worked out very well for her.

two different games with a helluva lot of different nuances. guile did well too, doesn't mean kagura will do well.

one thing is definite, and that being none of us knowing how he will play yet.