Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Hmm...what are the properties of her laser setup thing? And does Jamming Dark have a preset teleportation distance?

Read the wiki as i've already entered in answers to your question days ago.

If I read right, the teleport goes 1-2 character lengths unless there is a graviton on the field, in which case it teleports past that. I can see the combination of 6D and teleport being good in runaway tactics. IE: you're cornered, you throw out a graviton 6D the opponent can ether do

If the opponent has you in the corner you will not get a 6D~22C out safely. That's ~34f total duration for 6D, and ~34f total duration on teleport as well. The opponent will punish you free. If the opponent is close they'll punish on the 6D. If they are far away they'll punish the teleport. They need to be in blockstun or it's completely unsafe.

You might be able to use Jamming Dark to teleport people into her satellite lasers. It would be a bit tricky though.

I assume satellite lasers you are speaking of Banishing Ray. Jamming Dark is a set distance away it sucks in, and the exact same distance away for where it drops the opponent. Meaning your machine would have to be set at very close to the same spot. Trying to set that up as Banishing Ray-B > Backdash > Jamming Dark, the Banishing Ray would come out near the start of it. Remember it's only ~20f of flash the instant the opponent gets near the machine. Then 36f of ray animation. Jamming Dark has ~110f startup for the second gravity ball to appear. So Banishing Ray-B is only viable for setting up into Jamming Dark, not comboing after. Bannishing Ray-A on the other hand could work if there's enough time for her to dash forward and set it during the opponents fall animation, which means she needs 24f + dashing frames.

So does any one possibly know the name of the super Flame Cage?

Go read the wiki.

Can someone upload or find these videos on Youtube? I don't know why I can't watch them. Thanks!!!

How was that Kagura walking forward than immediately going into [4]6A/B.

The 2P characters are just AI.

Has anyone explained what Terumi's OD does? I've never seen any footage of its effects. On that note, what about Kagura's?

Has anyone explained what Terumi's OD does? I've never seen any footage of its effects.

I believe it was stated Terumi's Drive attacks and supers do more damage and his Drive attacks actually steal meter while in OD.

Has anyone explained what Terumi's OD does? I've never seen any footage of its effects. On that note, what about Kagura's?

Terumi's OD strengthens his D moves and makes them actually steal his opponents heat. Kagura's removes the cooldown on his stance follow-ups so they can be chained.

Has anyone explained what Terumi's OD does?

Normally Terumi's drive attacks give him lots of meter while giving none to his opponent; essentially only stealing their meter gain and not their actual meter. In OD, they actually steal meter.

I finally downloaded those video and I get something I was worrying about. I was too afraid that his 5C or 2C wouldn't be cancellable into specials (I never seen anyone do it before, so..). Now I saw 5C cancelled into Fireball, I am so happy. That means he can fastly cancel all his slow c while pressuring with his fireballs which have fast recovery and hit multiple times. This is really important for his spacing and his footsies.

OMG that day 3, 3.2K midscreen combo from a throw??? We can definitely get more!!! His 3C is just perfect for combos, sweep and float on hit, I love it.

My body is ready, give me the game, now!!!

What are his reversal tools btw, I know he has a counter super, but what about a meterless reversal?

Unless his command grab ends up having grappler like invincibility, pretty sure he doesn't have any meterless reversals.

A meterless reversal for a character with a messload of meter would be bad. The threat of Terumi always being able to RC the reversal and punish and attempt at a punish would just be silly. He should have a super stocked almost all the time though so I don't see it being a problem.

His Crush trigger is a zaneiga like motion. nothing special about it though.

Any word on Terumi's CT yet? I think between OD and CT(depending on properties) he might have some crazy RC infinites.

All of the Crush Triggers have the maximum amount of SMP applicable to a combo (level 3; eats 360f of the combo timer), even with immense meter gain, a CT infinite won't happen.

A meterless reversal for a character with a messload of meter would be bad. The threat of Terumi always being able to RC the reversal and punish and attempt at a punish would just be silly. He should have a super stocked almost all the time though so I don't see it being a problem.

Well, he gets so much meter from hitting, not being hit though. Sounds like locking a Terumi down is going to be rather easy. Bait a burst and they won't be able to do a dang thing for the rest of the round at all.

Not much from the recent video but here's what new :KO: I got from it:

2A

Low

6A

Chargable, shows it being held for ~22f before hit.

Flame Belborg

Looks to have invul for the majority of it

j.BB > j.A combos :psyduck:

------------------

FC 2C > 6C > j.2C [2603/19%]

Throw > 8D > 2C > 6C > j.2C [2831/20%]

:KO:

Well, he gets so much meter from hitting, not being hit though. Sounds like locking a Terumi down is going to be rather easy. Bait a burst and they won't be able to do a dang thing for the rest of the round at all.

there are tons of characters without dps. there are tons of things that can help on defense besides having a dp. Barrier, IB is universal. everyone has a backdash, but certain characters that don't have DPs, have utterly broken backdashes (Relius, Valkenhyne, Taokaka). is your 2a 6 frames, how much range does it have, how about your 5a, range, crouchers?

not factoring in human error, lack of strong pressure from the aggresor, and luck. terumi should be fine on defense. fine as in, able to escape; he won't be fine against anyone with strong pressure/mixup without heat to scare them off.

I'm in the minority that likes the stomp winpose more than the evil laugh. :(

I love both but definitely feeling the corpse stomp more. Specifically since he kicks them off the damn screen lolol. The disrespect.

I love both but definitely feeling the corpse stomp more. Specifically since he kicks them off the damn screen lolol. The disrespect.

Exactly, it's the fact that they go off the stage that makes it sweeter. It's going to be hilarious to see him casually boot Tager's fat ass off the stage lol.

Everyone's hyped for curb-stomp victory Terumi and I'm just sitting here, eagerly awaiting Kagura's Girl Toss and Makoto Groping animations :toot:.

Actually, about Terumi: is it only one of his Distortion Drives that gets stronger the more Heat he has past 50 or is there more than one? I could have sworn he has at least 2 DDs where their damage is upped when he is past that meter point.