Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Oh my, can we please not have an argument break out over whether or not astrals should be more useful?

Although I do think they should be more viable [especially Lambda/Nus', Carls' and Rachels'].

Also we Don't know what ASW has up their sleeves, for now we'll just have to wait and see.

GG insta kills have can be a bad day for some one got dizzied. just look up the best moments montages on youtube. As for P4A, idk, I don't plan on following that game for the first title.

Lambda's was useful. It was part of a 4 way mix up. Carl's, rachel's, and ara's could use tweaking, though not much.

Anyway, still waiting on some footage from the new test. It's about 3 pm in akihabara right about now.

As much as I love astrals and have thought about being able to combo directly into them again if you reach the requirements during the combo, I'm on Zeth's side. It would throw balance off by a lot due to how different the comboability is between characters. Do we really need to add the labor of going through every astral to make them all combo friendly just so some people can style on somebody 10% more often? Not to mention if they do become more common they become less interesting anyway.

What about GG's and P4A's instant kills?

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the "the point of a move is to use it at the time it is most efficiently used to do the most damage possible" statement.

I want to be Blade.txt

Not to interject, but I've always seen astrals as just flashy finishers. Not much else. Something extra. Something cool to look at and fun to execute.

I figure if you couldn't make your opponent burst or use more meter to kill you, you might deserve to be astral'd. Of course that isn't strictly true, but I think it holds water.

Astrals wouldn't be nearly as meaningful if they were easy to pull off. They're a fun event precisely because they're a rarity -- whereas if they were something that happened like every other match it'd just be tedious. INSTANT KILLS shouldn't be readily accessible anyway, but that's beside the point.

I think it's okay for something to "merely" be fun. Think of it like an easter egg! And it's got candy inside!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the "the point of a move is to use it at the time it is most efficiently used to do the most damage possible" statement.

I know. I was just providing things I thought were counter examples.

I love that if you somehow "combo" into Nu/Lambda's Astral, it's techable.

Well it's a command grab. It wouldn't make sense to be able to combo into it.

Also we Don't know what ASW has up their sleeves, for now we'll just have to wait and see.

If they change it back to how it was in CT then these guys will be happy. I happen to like it either way as long as its not like GG or P4A.

They don't all need to be combo friendly. For instance, look at Carl.

His is garbage atm, but what if the diameter was increased to 1.5 screens? Opponents with superior movement could avoid it (tao, hazama, ara wall teleport), so it's still easily avoidable. For characters with more average movement (noel, rags, jin), they play the ultimate footsie game from hell. Win and you live, lose and you die. That's a pretty interesting concept in itself. As for Tager well...let's just blame that on the match up.

They don't all need to combo, but they could all have some practical use. That's why I wanted the combo part to change. Combo-type astrals suffer because of it. And like, 80% if the cast are combo types.

Edit: Why are people assuming it'll be easier or we'll see them "every other match" if we bring it back to CT? Go find 70 videos of astrals in tournaments in Ct or your argument is invalid. It's still pretty hard to not use burst and keep 100% heat in match point anyway.

Nu/Lambda's is mad viable, watchu talking about?

I'm talking about the fact that Nu/Lambda's astral is a command grab with poor range [which to me doesn't really work with her style of play], and also it can't be used in a combo [that is unless you're online with heavy lag, 100% of meter, a burst/OD, and the opponent isn't pressing anything], not to say it doesn't have it's uses, it's just the fact that it becomes... difficult to find a situation where it would be better to use rather then say using Calamity Sword or Legacy Edge.

ASW doesn't want Astrals to be practical tools because they have never attempted to change them in that manner. You're entitled to wish for it otherwise, but don't flare up at people telling you the obvious truth lol.

I didn't flare up at people for them trying to tell their own views on astrals. I flared up on him because he called me stupid. His bad. And like I said earlier, you don't know what they have planned for since you don't work there. For all you know, astrals could be completely broken shit this time around.

Well it's a command grab. It wouldn't make sense to be able to combo into it.

I get that much, but it's an Astral, at the least it should be an unblockable like Tager's is :P

And this is why I am playing P4U.

So I don't sit here telling grown adults why astral's are just a fancy instant kill/troll tool and nothing else.

Edit: I love the "you're not ASW" OS, funniest shit I read today.

So about those Tager changes.

Tager has a new Air normal, his AC fling from 3C sucks, and he has a diagonal spark bolt.

His green outfit is kinky too.

Discuss.

And this is why I am playing P4U.

So I don't sit here telling grown adults why astral's are just a fancy instant kill/troll tool and nothing else.

Edit: I love the "you're not ASW" OS, funniest shit I read today.

My favorite part about all of this is how absurdly fast you can do the Mortal Blow in P4A compared to BB.

Here's how I see Lambda/Nus' astral should go...

Lambda/Nu Warps in front of the opponent [kind of like how Nu in CT could warp after using certain attacks] then grabs the opponent and activates the astral, which if it's unblockable would make it useful in combos. Now what makes this fair is that it would only work when the opponent is on the ground and if they aren't then Lambda/Nu will be left defenseless long enough for the opponent to react

And like I said earlier, you don't know what they have planned for since you don't work there. For all you know, astrals could be completely broken shit this time around.

Well, this is a speculation thread.