Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

What's so bad about dive kicks?

I would say, "You must be new here". But it appears you actually are so I will explain.

Dive kicks alter a character's air momentum and put them at a set angle/straight down with a hitbox. Depending on how low to the ground this can be done to the ground, any easy hit confirm properties or if it is an overhead or not, these can be a character's most powerful move and may constitute it's own Left-Right mixup with other jump attacks. Because they generally can be done low to the ground, it can also often be combined with a throw-based mixup, like Rufus is, and has been doing since the dawn of SF4.

So they are bad and derpy and we shouldn't like them. Or at least I don't like them, someone might.

EDIT: Not actually new, sorry.

What's so bad about dive kicks?

Nothing, just that capcom does poorly implementations of them so when a character on games from other company have them people start to revive those bad memories :eng101:

Now being serious, if they are not implemented well (like any mechanic or move) they end being very annoying

Also those who hate divekicks are not worthy of Uncle Sensei teachings.

Arcsystem's works is messing with my heart releasing all these games in quick succession. D:

We wouldn't see this game until 1st Semester of 2013, so it's all cool

Yeah but we got the new GG coming out in september too. :x

For arcades, at least. :o

Arcsystems is still messing with my fragile heart :(

Yeah but we got the new GG coming out in september too. :x

For arcades, at least. :o

Arcsystems is still messing with my fragile heart :(

i understand what you mean, but hey, this means more awesome games to play from them :kitty:

i understand what you mean, but hey, this means more awesome games to play from them :kitty:

Also means more of my financial aid money that's not going towards food and board. Lol

頑張って何度か触って烙印移行したら蜘蛛と蟲でちまちまシューティングしながら霧入れて烙印延長

みたいな戦い方だとCTに近くなりそうだね。殺しにいく能力は低そうだけど。

λとμがいなくなったらSTGキャラもだいぶ減るなぁ。まぁ削除ってことは無いと思うけど

This Arakune jbbs post mentions Lambda and Mu, definitely deleted? Speculation?

This Arakune jbbs post mentions Lambda and Mu, definitely deleted? Speculation?

speculation, and that how he thinks if that it is the case it is a bitch move

People divekicks are not important in this game. Stop being idiots and crying "Arcade Edition" about it.

Pretty much this, I highly doubt that ASW would make them as strong as in SFIV. Besides, look at Arakune's falling j.B, that shit is as "dive kick" as it gets lol.

Pretty much this, I highly doubt that ASW would make them as strong as in SFIV. Besides, look at Arakune's falling j.B, that shit is as "dive kick" as it gets lol.

At least dive kicks can be anti-aired. Ara's f.jB is the strongest move ever.

Jesus you guys were not kidding about Bullet being a genderswap'd Ragna. There's this pic of Bullet on Danbooru that I seriously thought was Ragna (it was a shot of her head and in monochrome, so I wasn't able to tell by her bust or darker skin tone) until I actually clicked on it.

I would say, "You must be new here". But it appears you actually are so I will explain.

Dive kicks alter a character's air momentum and put them at a set angle/straight down with a hitbox. Depending on how low to the ground this can be done to the ground, any easy hit confirm properties or if it is an overhead or not, these can be a character's most powerful move and may constitute it's own Left-Right mixup with other jump attacks. Because they generally can be done low to the ground, it can also often be combined with a throw-based mixup, like Rufus is, and has been doing since the dawn of SF4.

So they are bad and derpy and we shouldn't like them. Or at least I don't like them, someone might.

EDIT: Not actually new, sorry.

Sorta new; I occasionally lurking for a long time now; I like fighting games, but am overall a beginner.

Well ya that's obvious hakubro, but it can't be anti-aired. It's the scariest normal in existence of recent games.

I'm a bit outdated, I stopped in time with CSII, but Ragy ID has always seemed something supreme able to contain almost everything.

the old 6A would undoubtedly be a good answer to dive kicks. "especially if the old hitbox return".

As Lambchop, I think there is no need to comment, the damage is not really great, but the anti-air are easy to connect.

Not anymore with blockeable counters hyuck hyuck :v:

And you plan on buffering "block" while doing every single move? Besides, this is the first Loketest. :kitty:

And you plan on buffering "block" while doing every single move? Besides, this is the first Loketest. :kitty:

How about just holding back while doing a move? Like doing 1a instead of 2a or whatever.

Loving the Relius changes so far, though the info on him has been few and far between.

What. Blockable counters? What's the point? "Congratulations on reading my intentions, mister Noodles, but I happened to be holding back so we will just go back to neutral and you might as well just have blocked normally"? I don't really get it.