Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Time outs are not boring. They are just as legitimate and interesting of a win as a normal KO.

Nothing funner than a standoff between two foes while a ticking time bomb is on the upper part of the screen. Puts pressure on the guy with lower health.

Also I always thought it would be cool if Saya was made around stalling the timer since CS1. I now know many would disagree.

Outside of tournament time constraints, time out matches tend to become boring to play/watch. Generally turns off people from checking out the game. How many people really enjoyed Nu v Tager in CT or Hazama v Tager in CS1/2?

It would make more sense then to give Tager better tools to get in rather than give him more time to get in. I doubt that zoners will stop zoning Tager so it would most likely just make the matches even longer.

If they do that, the timer will run down and they'll have to act like normal eventually.

The opposite also applies to the zoner. If the other guy gets the lead, the zoner has to risk it and try to rush down. I did that last night with Yukiko vs this one Kanji. It's not that bad for Yukiko since she can send her Persona to attack in her stead lol.

It would make more sense then to give Tager better tools to get in rather than give him more time to get in. I doubt that zoners will stop zoning Tager so it would most likely just make the matches even longer.

Give his Sledge Hammer freaking Hammerfall properties with high, mid, low armors instead of just high and mid projectile armor.

But i did want to meet Isuna while we were both in Tokyo.

Should have told me earlier. :p

Dont know how far you live from Tokyo, but there is a new Loketest soon.

Just hope it isn't in August, I would need to rename all my videos. XD

The opposite also applies to the zoner. If the other guy gets the lead, the zoner has to risk it and try to rush down. I did that last night with Yukiko vs this one Kanji. It's not that bad for Yukiko since she can send her Persona to attack in her stead lol.

Yup, The rushdowns job is to rush in but at the same time be careful to not eat the zoning. I get really excited when I'm winning and that timers ticking. Makes them reckless.

But yeah if I'm on the low side of health I need to do something fast. I try to play some mind games with the opponent and hope he isn't paying attention to the timer and go for a combo near end if hes playing defensive. I find the whole process really interesting and I'm scared CP will kill some of that magic.

Should have told me earlier. :p

Dont know how far you live from Tokyo, but there is a new Loketest soon.

Just hope it isn't in August, I would need to rename all my videos. XD

I was hoping we could go drinking! D:

I was staying over in Asakusa. So I would usually take the TK Express there to Akihabara. I am back in Osaka now, and I will probably be back in the states before they do the new loketest. Damn.

Oh. And pics from Monday when I should've known loketest was over. Everything is empty.

391424_10150976003291104_996387125_n.jpg

And they dismantled the cabinet to take out the BBCP signs and character informations.

418302_10150976003076104_1833321943_n.jpg

Does Ragna's new air scythe special have a ground version, remember reading that somewhere but not sure

Yeah, it has Dead Spike's input now. And as such, Dead Spike's new input is 236D.

All BB songs sound like ass... I can't think of better themes than Marvel vs. Streetfighter.

lol, you clearly have a shitty taste in music

You don't get negative warning for standing still and blocking (unless I'm wrong, I only see when running away).

Its just something that leaves a bad feeling in my mouth. I find matches where you are about to time out very exciting and I prefer the timer the way it is.

Plus it ruins the beauty of certain matches like Rachel vs Haz where I find the timer to be very important.

you get the negative penalty not for running away, but for not running away in a smart way, you can also get negative penalty for staying still doing nothing

Give his Sledge Hammer freaking Hammerfall properties with high, mid, low armors instead of just high and mid projectile armor.

they should give him mre mobility options, potemkin has double jump and a ways to cancel his [4]6HS, they need to give tager something similar for Asledge and Bsledge

Time outs are not boring. They are just as legitimate and interesting of a win as a normal KO.

Nothing funner than a standoff between two foes while a ticking time bomb is on the upper part of the screen. Puts pressure on the guy with lower health.

Also I always thought it would be cool if Saya was made around stalling the timer since CS1. I now know many would disagree.

I like time outs too. Nothing more hilarious than leading your opponent on one big chase to win lol.

speculation and i am not sure if it was mentioned before: seeing that Mori was talking about ending the 6 heroes story and a a new (sub) boss for the arcade, wouldn't it make more sense that it was Nine/Phantom rather than a Murokamo? Seeing that she is in somewhat alive/resurrected in the story.

speculation and i am not sure if it was mentioned before: seeing that Mori was talking about ending the 6 heroes story and a a new (sub) boss for the arcade, wouldn't it make more sense that it was Nine/Phantom rather than a Murokamo? Seeing that she is in somewhat alive/resurrected in the story.

Where did you read that part about the six heroes story? Phantom being the sub boss would be rather interesting seeing as the story hypes up magic users so much.

(sniff).....is it that no one is really interested in Jubei, or that out of everyone he seems the least likely to be announced as the sub boss, cause i've read little speculation of Jubei, and if finishing the six heroes story is any indication, it's either Jubei or Nine ppl, their the only ones left.........(sniff)....no love for Jubei man

p.s. vote for Jubei

You want a mind controlled ghost with nigh-omnipotent powers as a boss? Okay.

You want a mind controlled ghost with nigh-omnipotent powers as a boss? Okay.

Probably won't be as bad as the next SNK boss.

(sniff).....is it that no one is really interested in Jubei, or that out of everyone he seems the least likely to be announced as the sub boss, cause i've read little speculation of Jubei, and if finishing the six heroes story is any indication, it's either Jubei or Nine ppl, their the only ones left.........(sniff)....no love for Jubei man

p.s. vote for Jubei

Jubei is already playable via Taokaka's Astral.

Probably won't be as bad as the next SNK boss.

Unlimited Phantom = Score Attack Elizabeth x9001.

It's not so much a lack of interest as it is we know they are going to hold out on him for as long as they can. Do you not remember how large the Jubei fanbase was when CS was announced? I thought I'd never hear the end of it.

Besides, too many people are freaking out over the absence of their favorite cyborg psychopath to worry about a character that Mori will just troll us with.

So is there a place where the PV can be downloaded in full 720p?

There are applications that let you.download videos.from youtube. Don't remember the name of the app I used.

sending you messages on your profiles.

I think I like 3, maybe 4 songs from bb. The rest are kinda sub-par, but meh. The opinions of a music student mean nothing.

Anyone whining about BB's music should just frigging compose their own shit or learn to mod a blue-ray to change the game's music to what they want. Daisuke worked damn hard to make that stuff, so qwitcherbitchin. If you like GG music listen to GG, otherwise GTFO.

In other news I want to know how Ragna's Gravedigger works if it's anything like Badlands or what.

Also wondering if there's been any new color Palettes noted for characters? I always thought CSE Palettes weren't that great compared to CTs, so I'd like to know more about what's new.

As for BlazBlue's change of pace...I just hope it's still manageable where you can land 5k combos with everyone normally instead of relying on Unlims for that. I also hope the pace isn't faster than Guilty Gear's (which is pretty fast already), my reaction to exchanges and counters and hit confirming is sluggish, so a faster game is going to make my reaction times seem even slower (unless I start boosting my nervous system with electricity like Bruce Lee?).

As for Time-Ups...Hazama was the only one I remember who excelled at getting Time-Ups...if they changed his damage and offense game, then he'd get less Time-Ups, I'm sure.