Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

I've been wondering something extremely stupid lately.

How will the game recognize whether you want to burst or you want to OD?

As far as I know the command is the same.

Just like when you want to green burst or gold burst. A lot of players just combo into their Overdrives.

What im hoping is that they just take out alot of the turn off your brain stuff thats in this game, some characters definitley allow lesser skilled players to win over more skilled if they are not using current s tier.bbcp looks to be in the right direction if arakune/valkenhayn are being more balanced. There damage is far to high based on how easy mode there mix-ups are during blocksrings. if ac with tager is adjusted so it doesnt pull in characters during there backdash mid screen distant away then so be it. That move pulls in anything with its feet off the ground too good currently in extend.

replying to izuna

What do you mean lowering damage and blockstring frame advantage is that for makoto from cs2 to extend or is this a change from the loketest?

Expecting BBCP to have CT-Like balance :L

3 loketests might be not enough to uncover something "broken", specially on a new game.

It's a small price to pay.

Extend had the closest balance and look how well it was received. Quickly became the most boring and earliest dying iteration.

Meh, Arcsys has quite a good track record with fine-tuning. Wouldn't worry about character balance much. I doubt we'd ever see something as broken as CT from a sequel.

Extend had the closest balance and look how well it was received. Quickly became the most boring and earliest dying iteration.

Wait, so...you equate Balance with Boredom? :3

You do realise this coincides with my belief that broken fighting games are, inevitably, more fun than balanced ones...

Extend is quite balanced, but I wouldn't go too far saying it's boring.

After all, look at Hakumen and Ragna :kitty:

Take a look at MvSF to see how BORING a FG can be.

Just look at the comparisons people make between BB's pace and Persona's and you'll see.

The game dying on USA didn't have anything to do with its balance (which is good) or boring (which is objectionable, opinion =/= fact)

The game is still strong on its mother land despite it wasn't part of the SBO lineup and that was "replaced" by Persona 4 Arena.

The game dying on USA didn't have anything to do with its balance (which is good) or boring (which is objectionable, opinion =/= fact)

The game is still strong on its mother land despite it wasn't part of the SBO lineup and that was "replaced" by Persona 4 Arena.

An opinion can still have an impact if it's what the majority of people believe. Look at the SF community's opinion on BB and how it affects how they treat it and other anime games, etc.

The balance is good, as far a simple balancing, but there's different kinds of balancing. For instance, you could balance the game by nerfing everyone, or by giving everyone tools to handle things. If you reduced every character to one move that was identical the game would be balanced, but it would be pretty bad balancing because it would be a terrible game to play.

As for dying on the USA, what do you think it is then.

I don't see why a supposedly defensive-as-fucking-hell character like Hakumen needs the made-in-ridiculand combos he has on Extend. The constant Drive nerfing is kind of harsh, though.

Lotsa people is picking P4A just because the game is easier to pick up than Blazblue.

At least that's what some friends around here has told me. Heck, even Frutsi himself told me that lol

Why was Extend considered boring? I believe it is not the balance. Maybe everyone just got bored and tired of Continuum Shift in general?

Any ideas?

Why was Extend considered boring? I believe it is not the balance. Maybe everyone just got bored and tired of Continuum Shift in general?

Any ideas?

IMO it's not "boring"

More like "tiring". If Extend adjustments were DLC (like CS2), I think less people would be complaining now. As for me, I'm not complaining, I enjoy the game, even with the high Ragna population in lol ranked

Any ideas?

I think people got tired of Continuum Shift in general for the most part.

An opinion can still have an impact if it's what the majority of people believe. Look at the SF community's opinion on BB and how it affects how they treat it and other anime games, etc.

There are those who simply repeat the tantrum that others do, so if you have an idiot saying that the game is boring because is balanced, many would follow.

More importantly, when it was the last time that the ignorant masses said something intelligent? Isn't one of the problems of this community (at least the online one) that there are many ignorants that spread bullshit of games that they don't know neither play?

And more importantly that are incapable of telling the difference of an opinion and a fact.

The balance is good, as far a simple balancing, but there's different kinds of balancing. For instance, you could balance the game by nerfing everyone, or by giving everyone tools to handle things. If you reduced every character to one move that was identical the game would be balanced, but it would be pretty bad balancing because it would be a terrible game to play.

The balance is good and i actually belive that they achieved it well without needing to go the capcom route of neutering everything good of the cast and making them.

Many of the detractors of BBCSEX who actually put some thought on their reason, complain more about the length of the combos or that there were to many changes between CS to CSEX, also, there are those who complaint about the pace of the game, the movement is to slow, or simply they don't like the character design.

And for the last, those who simply don't like it because it is not GG/ NS fighting game of their liking.

As for dying on the USA, what do you think it is then.

Bad timing on the release, not being part of the evo line up, and that part of the community felt that it was a "bitch" move to release the game for only one character (Relius), despite that the numbers show that the major part of those who complained where also the ones who skipped the dlc characters waiting for the Revision with all of them, and that they (technically) got BBCS2 for free. I can go on, on why the BBCSEX was needed and was an intelligent move, but the masses are idiots (not saying that you are one, or that are part of the masses) and it would be off topic.

IMO it's not "boring"

More like "tiring". If Extend adjustments were DLC (like CS2), I think less people would be complaining now. As for me, I'm not complaining, I enjoy the game, even with the high Ragna population in lol ranked

The problem is that making it dlc wouldn't make them money, the dlc characters didn't sell enough to justify releasing the next iteration as a dlc as well, plus if they release dlc everyone complaints that they should have released it on disc; they release it on disc, everyone complaints that i should have been a dlc patch.

So yeah...

Any ideas?

Who knows, those who still play it, like the current state of the game and feel that is the best iteration so far, and those who don't moved to the new flavor of the season.

My guess is that simply those who left weren't really interested on the game to begin with, or the fators listed on my previous post were part of the reasons, after all, not many like change in general.