Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TagerTime

[CP] Iron Tager Changelog

I replied in the other thread. In case you don't feel like searching...

Q. Does 6A's super armor start up earlier than before?

Does not seem so.

Q. Was Spark Bolt given any startup invincibility?

Nope. Also, seems like the hithox for 623D Spark Bolt is small. I missed hitting a Hazama standing right in front of me.

Q. Is magnetism no longer useless trying to pull in Valkenhayn or Hazama out of the air?

Could not test. I'm sorry.

Q. Tell us about Tager's Overdrive. Does it also make the magnetism a lot stronger?

Seems the same.

Q. Can you buffer 720C from Overdrive's startup invincibility?

Not sure what this question really means. I can buffer the notation and then it will do it after the animation for Overdrive when I press C. It's same as fully charging Voltic Charge all the way then doing a standing 720C.

Q. Can you do Gadget Finger after landing 720C or Grand Punish?

I could not do it after Grand Punish. Grand Punish can be rapided.

Q. Are crush triggers rapid cancelable?

Could not test.

Q. Check if command grabs are still untechable after a guard crush.

Could not test.

Q. Did they made any improvements to Voltic Hammer counter attack?

My opponent didn't let me test this.

Thank you so much for all your work we are all extremely grateful for this information!:yaaay:

Q. Can you buffer 720C from Overdrive's startup invincibility?

Not sure what this question really means. I can buffer the notation and then it will do it after the animation for Overdrive when I press C.

Yes this is exactly what i meant. seems like it works just like i hoped it would.

Q. Does 6A's super armor start up earlier than before?

Does not seem so.

Q. Was Spark Bolt given any startup invincibility?

Nope. Also, seems like the hithox for 623D Spark Bolt is small. I missed hitting a Hazama standing right in front of me.

Q. Tell us about Tager's Overdrive. Does it also make the magnetism a lot stronger?

Seems the same.

These things are dissapointing to hear though :(

Thank you so much for all your work we are all extremely grateful for this information!:yaaay:

Yes this is exactly what i meant. seems like it works just like i hoped it would.

These things are dissapointing to hear though :(

No problem. My bad I couldn't get as much information as I could. Was very tired today because I waited in Comiket for one of my favorite artists for about 2 hours in a 3/4 mile long line and then it already sold out. :[

The hitbox really surprised me. I thought it would hit, but it didn't. I forget if he was absolutely next to me or a couple units off, but still, I hope in future loketests, they expand that 623D hitbox. It needs to be viable so it can help us against Hazamas, Ragnas, and just anybody that airdashes away from us during last 10 seconds of time.

Actually, to be honest, I don't really know the hitbox. Now that I think about it, it could be the position where the Spark Bolt leaves the body.

No problem. My bad I couldn't get as much information as I could.

Dont wory the info you did get is great.

Was very tired today because I waited in Comiket for one of my favorite artists for about 2 hours in a 3/4 mile long line and then it already sold out. :[

Wow thats terrible, and i thought waiting in line at sand diego comicon was bad.

Actually, to be honest, I don't really know the hitbox. Now that I think about it, it could be the position where the Spark Bolt leaves the body.

I hope that is the case. Did any of tagers moves seem faster and did his damage seem any lower or higher?

When I first played, they felt little faster, but today, they felt normal like CSEX.

The only thing that really bothers me is how horrible his Atomic Collider is. I really hope it's only for loketest and they don't keep it like that.

What happened to the AC? It looks like the pull is really weak on it during magnetisism.

What happened to the AC? It looks like the pull is really weak on it during magnetisism.

^ This.

Also, if you actually use Atomic Collider, like you know, grab them, throw them to the ground, they ground bounce REALLY high up. When you try to B&B combo ender: j.5C > j.2C > 22D, it's invalid.

To be honest, nobody really figured out new Tager combos. It feels like they took away everything gave us, plus more.

The way it launches opponent makes following up hard.

Overslept to comiket third day, got three out of four doujinshis but all other stuff was sold out.

^ This.

Also, if you actually use Atomic Collider, like you know, grab them, throw them to the ground, they ground bounce REALLY high up. When you try to B&B combo ender: j.5C > j.2C > 22D, it's invalid.

To be honest, nobody really figured out new Tager combos. It feels like they took away everything gave us, plus more.

Maybe after collider you need to do an air combo instead of a ground combo? Would something like magnetized 5c>6a>3c>AC whiff>5b>5c>6a>2c>AC>jC>jD>Grand Punish work?

The way it launches opponent makes following up hard.

Overslept to comiket third day, got three out of four doujinshis but all other stuff was sold out.

I am so jealous. I waited in line for 2 hours and got nothing. Gotdamn, Udonya. Too popular.

I thought Blsledge after colider was confirmed day 1?

Maybe. I did not really get to try it because the opponent I was playing against just kept 5Aing me when I tried to do combos sometimes. Haha. And now it is too late to test. D;

Maybe. I did not really get to try it because the opponent I was playing against just kept 5Aing me when I tried to do combos sometimes.

:|

What terrible cabinet manners.

I am so jealous. I waited in line for 2 hours and got nothing. Gotdamn, Udonya. Too popular.

I overslept for third day. :/

But you know, there are things that are sold out before opening time! >_>

Comiket is not fair at all. >_<

I thought Blsledge after colider was confirmed day 1?

I'm pretty sure I saw it miss first day. But it is hard to confirm as it is delayable.

I think the only confirmed combo route after Collider is diagonal Spark...

I saw someone try to Collider (miss) after with magnetism, but failed to follow up so that route is still unconfirmed.

By the way, don't we need nickname for diagonal spark bolt?

Can't say "air spark" because Tager himself isn't in the air. AA spark? AA meaning "anti-air," of course. I can't think of anything more clever at the moment.

As for AC weirdness... its such a drastic change that we'll basically have to wait until people can legit play the game to see what it can lead to. With such a huge ground bounce certainly we have time to do plenty of things after it. Unless the recovery on AC is longer or something.

AC into magged 6A seems legit, where it and its jump cancel takes us I don't know

Can't say "air spark" because Tager himself isn't in the air. AA spark? AA meaning "anti-air," of course. I can't think of anything more clever at the moment.

Up spark?

Someone mentioned that Driver > 6B > Gadget is possible at the JBBS, and wasnt challenged.

That raised questions about 3C losing speed, 6B gaining speed and whether 6B still is an overhead.

What I wonder if this is correct is can you combo after 6B as it usually chains to 6C? o.o

Who knows. I just hope there are real good combos that are undiscovered, or else Tager feels extremely D-tier again. Like they are bringing a loy of CT feels back, but low tier is not what I want.

Someone mentioned that Driver > 6B > Gadget is possible at the JBBS, and wasnt challenged.

That raised questions about 3C losing speed, 6B gaining speed and whether 6B still is an overhead.

What I wonder if this is correct is can you combo after 6B as it usually chains to 6C? o.o

Well its good to know that at least something still works after buster. From the vids it looks like they land much closer to you after GETB, i saw something on the jbbs about being able to use gadget after 720C.

anyway here are some clips of the changed JD and 6C in case no one noticed them. Maybe we can do ground to air to ground combos with jD now with its longer untech time. At least it seems longer to me anyway but i havnt played BBEX in a little while. Hopefully the non bounce on grounded 6C hit somehow gives us better combos or something.

Normal jump D

Counter hit Jump D

Normal 6C

Sooo J.D combos mid screen are Gone Even on CH. 6C does a bounce if they are air born, but doesn't even knock them down on normal hit. This is freaking me out. also I guess they want us to end air combos mid screen with 'grand punish' since j.D has knock back that leaves you in a terrible position.

I had long hope we'd continue to not need the corner for good combos, but alas it seems to be our turn, unless someone finally figures out something awesome from collider. (Which would have been the first thing I would have worked on, but beggars and choosers and all that)

As a Tager player, I really hope this is not true.

I really hope that they don't implement these loketest ideas into the real arcade when it comes out in winter. Hell, Tager players were trying to figure out new combos to replace the good ones we got for once in CSEX while the Bullet players were already doing like 14 hit valid combos.

The only combo I saw work for Tager was a magnetized target:

5A > 5B > 5C > 6A > 3C > AC > 5B > JC > then was like j.5A > j.5B > j.5D, but it only was valid like once. The other times he tried to do it, the opponent just techs right now.

You'd think with that huge AC bounce we'd have plenty of time for options there. Not sure why that isn't seen as a good thing. Is the recovery on AC slower or something?

Also I thought 6C at least bounced airborn opponents? After doing 3C > AC whiff > 6B > 6C you'd think we could then just do AC > whatever. I swear they're still airborn after 6C in that combo because I remember seeing people trying to jc 6C and do air stuff (typically unsuccessfully).

Dunno, maybe they changed 6C and I don't know yet.

When Tager releases them from Atomic Collider, the bounce is really high and some what fast. After that, you can try to do his normal j5C into 2C into Gadget Finger, but its all invalid as soon as they touch the ground.