Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TagerTime

[CP] Iron Tager Changelog

Oh, yeah, they can tech the moment they hit the ground, huh? Hrm...

Still I can't believe it's not salvageable or something. It's just a bit obtuse. I look forward to the arcade release so people can actually get time to figure stuff out.

In all versions of BB, AC was so crucial. If they really nerf it this hard, I am not sure what they want us to figure out.

At this rate, AC has a really weak pull when linked from 3C. The only thing I can think of that can work is probably an A-Sledge.

I am going to laugh though if the biggest change at the loketest was the fact you can do untechable 360 grabs as combo enders and nobody figured it out.

I don't see Tager suddenly turning into a KoF grappler... as fun as that would be.

Also if they did that they'd have to do something about the fact that you could (GF > 360B) x N.

I am going to laugh though if the biggest changje at the loketest was the fact you can do tuntechable 360 grabs as combo enders and nobody figured it out.

But can't u already do something similar to that in the location test?

According to the EX system guide:

Air Teching

When you air tech, you are invulnerable to attacks (but not throws!) for frames 1~15 and you can only burst during that time. If you do not tech, you will eventually fall to the ground and become knocked down.

So doesn't that mean you can end any air techtrap with a free air buster and their is nothing they can do about it except burst if they have one?

So doesn't that mean you can end any air techtrap with a free air buster and their is nothing they can do about it except burst if they have one?

They can tech at a different time or in a different direction.

Are you saying after the AC bounce, just JC and do a j.360C? If that is what you mean, I think I remember it being purple grab.

Yeah I figured it would be purple. This guy is saying you can tech trap people with it more consistently or something. Maybe if they're magged? I dunno. Can't be much less risky than tech trapping with AC.

At least tick-throwing should be easier this time if throw-teching window did become more narrow. Though in the end, that's just another gimmick, and we all know how much gimmicks help Tager.

Are you saying after the AC bounce, just JC and do a j.360C? If that is what you mean, I think I remember it being purple grab.

I mean you do a techtrap and if they airtech jump and grab them as the are flashing and buster them out of their airtech. If your saying that air bustering them out of their airtech actually counts as a purple grab then just delay the buster to grab them immediately after they have airteched. 360C is invincible like 360A right?

360C is invincible like 360A right?

No clue. I don't think anyone has confirmed this. If it has damage closer to 360B then I'm going to assume it doesn't. I could be wrong.

360C was shown to be 2800 damage. Looks like we're learning towards 360A here.

It wasn't able to be tested, but I think it can be similar to A buster. It does 2800 or 2600 or so, but you can also hold it down as long as A buster. The pull on j360c isn't that bad either.

I mean you do a techtrap and if they airtech jump and grab them as the are flashing and buster them out of their airtech. If your saying that air bustering them out of their airtech actually counts as a purple grab then just delay the buster to grab them immediately after they have airteched. 360C is invincible like 360A right?
You can't throw anyone 'out of an airtech' in the way you are describing.

You can't throw anyone 'out of an airtech' in the way you are describing.

Thats why i asked about it in my other post. Then this part of the EX system guide is wrong?

Air Teching

When you are in the air are get hit, you are stuck in a vulnerable state. To recover from this state, press any button (except D) to "air tech". You will flash white when you do it and you can tech in 3 different directions: forward by holding 6 when teching, backward by holding 4 when teching, and neutral by holding no direction when teching. When you air tech, you are invulnerable to attacks (but not throws!) for frames 1~15 and you can only burst during that time. If you do not tech, you will eventually fall to the ground and become knocked down.

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but my friend pointed out something in this video. Right after Tager activates his Overdrive, Hakumen is pulled towards him before he begins his combo. Which means that Tager's Overdrive doesn't simply magnetize the enemy, it constantly pulls them in even if he doesn't do anything.

This is much more amazing than I thought.

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but my friend pointed out something in this video. Right after Tager activates his Overdrive, Hakumen is pulled towards him before he begins his combo. Which means that Tager's Overdrive doesn't simply magnetize the enemy, it constantly pulls them in even if he doesn't do anything.

This is much more amazing than I thought.

Except it doesn't. Tager just walks forward after and it looks like Hakumen moves because the screen moves in and the background is dark.

@Tagertime, maybe then. I just assumed it didn't work because I recall people whiffed with normal throw resets a lot. It is easy enough to test.

Except it doesn't. Tager just walks forward after and it looks like Hakumen moves because the screen moves in and the background is dark.

@Tagertime, maybe then. I just assumed it didn't work because I recall people whiffed with normal throw resets a lot. It is easy enough to test.

It does look like tager steps toward first and hakumen steps toward second because if you look close you can see there feet moving forward. One thing i didnt notice before is Tagers Blue aura effect when he goes into overdrive. overdrive closeup

They definitely need to make tagers overdrive better. They should make it auto pull people or make mag pull alot stronger like similar to unlimited CT Tager or something. Right now his overdrive sucks if mag is still useless against keep away chars like valk.

Since they next location test on friday will have the new improved versions of super-moves while in overdrive implemented, what overdrive supers do you guys want tager to have?

I want to have unlimited EX Tagers MTW with free TB, and CT unlimited Tagers GETB. Also its really stupid that many other chars gets brand new regular supers and Tager gets nothing. Tager should have a new super too or at least get stand alone unlimited EX Tagers TB as a new regular super.

People were asking about AA sparks hitbox. Here is video that gives you an idea of AA sparks horizontal range AA spark

Okay, so while Osuna is right in that Tager walks forward after activating OD in that video, he doesn't walk forward immediately. And it does seem like Hakumen gets pulled towards him just a little before Tager actually starts walking.

Doesn't look like that happens the rest of the time in OD though... eh, I dunno.

Watching that video, it looks like Tager gets control of himself before the opponent techs after Grand Punish. Well, assuming the opponent didn't delay their tech for some reason. Assuming he didn't, it looks like we could very well GF after it.

Something a bit concerning: Tager AC'd Hakumen raw, and he teched before he hit the ground. Ergh.

Tager does look like he has some advantage does it? Begs the question though, if they're magged, can you do GF anyway and catch them techrolling? Wouldn't this be a reset if you could RC it? Obviously if they use energency tech then you just let go of GF and do whatever Oki you have time to do.

I really, really hope that they don't fuck Tager again, making him to depend entirely on the magnetism.

With this new local test we would be able to see what is the direction that they are planning to take with him, hopefully we would get more info this time :)

Reposting from the general info thread:

Various links:

B Driver > Gadget – Y

Collider > 5B – N

Collider > 2D – Y

Collider > 6C – N

B Driver > 5B > 4D - Y

A Driver > Gadget – Y

B Driver > 3C - N

Overdrive lasts for about 4 seconds at full health.

5A>5B>5C>6A>3C>Collider whiff>5B>JB>JC>JD>Punishment deals about 2700 damage.

In the corner, 5A>5B>3C>Sledge>Hammer>5B>4D>5B>JB>JC>Punishment deals about 3000.

With the back to the corner, 2B>2C>Collider>2D>5B>Sledge>Hammer>5B>4D>3C>Gadget deals 3100.

People say that Tager doesn’t need his old Collider if his combo rate has become higher.

Buffering 720 during OD is possible, but only if the enemy is mashing stuff (?).

The electricity gauge seems to build up at about the same rate.

5D seems to have bigger hit stun, even on normal hit.

720 changes in OD, though the exact change is not confirmed. Probably pulls them in better. Couldn’t try MTW in OD.

Spark Bolt applies magnetism even when Azu-nyan blocks it with his Raoh aura.

Also, this:

Tager

• Gadget Finger has MAJESTIC pull
  • J2C > 5B possible
  • C Driver > Gadget possible

... MAJESTIC pull? I have no idea what that means.

Well at any rate I guess we have J2C combos back.