Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[CP] Arakune Technical and Gameplay Discussion Thread

How do we feel about routes that end in double bird > j236D ?

For example, 6A > 5D > j66 > jA > j4B > 6B > j6D > j6C > j6C > j236D.  Both a cloud and Arakune get launched toward the opponent as they're recovering, but I'm thinking the opponent may recover slightly sooner and would be able to just push whatever.  Obviously it'd be better to just complete a route that'd get full curse if you're able to, but spacing can be sorta janky sometimes, and double bird > j236D (or j236C or damage) seem more consistent/stable.

I think in any case, its better to get the knockdown. Even doing this when your matchup is Tager puts yourself at risk. Since its BBCPEX Arakune, I understand curse is hard to get but doing this is regarded as bad habit against better players. Then again if your gamble bears no consequences then by all means.

Yeah, knockdown's always a solid choice.

Turns out the launch forward with the cloud will just get punished if they push buttons on recovering; would probably be fine once or twice against someone that's being super respectful, but eh, probably not worth considering beyond that.  Oh well.