Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CP] Tsubaki Changes and Discussion

She took off her robes. But it's okay; they were weighted clothing. Her power level's even higher now.

Man, you guys have to be careful.

They could still pull a Mu on you.

Change palettes and she's half naked. Granted, it doesn't LOOK to me like the design would work like that..

Also we haven't seen her from behind yet? Keep in mind which designers we're talking about.

Was about to sleep and i see this new character. So much for sticking to one new character.

Haha, I'll still be here dude.

I read that as "Errol is ditching Tsubaki for Izayoi" ;P

And any changes in my main status will be entirely dictated by playstyle and fun factor. It's unlikely that I would change, but I've finally found someone else I'm interested in learning. ;)

If you look at the screenshots, it looks like she's pretty well covered from most angles. :P

I read that as "Errol is ditching Tsubaki for Izayoi" ;P

I read it as Errol was sticking with Tsubaki while the others flew away, but I stand corrected! Maybe I should continue to make Errol's life a misery by posting for Izayoi. :)

Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about her. I have mixed feelings.

Psst, PK jump on Skype if you can. :)

I will forever be loyal to Tsu-Tsu! =(

All dem posers leaving honestly wouldn't matter to me, Kappa.

Definitely going to give Izayoi a try, but honestly. Tsubaki is the most fun character in the game for me to play and always has been. I don't see that ever changing.

Lol Ginseng.

As much as I understand how natural it is for anyone to talk about Izayoi, we have a character forum for her now. So if you wanna talk about her, please post your hype levels over there.

Don't take that too far please don't derail the thread =D

I plan to try out Izayoi and may sub her but tbh it's pretty much purely because Tsubaki is mai waifu.

I'm frankly still super excited over Tsubaki getting two new moves and her damage seeming to be a bit better! Need Phantasma now~

I read it as Errol was sticking with Tsubaki while the others flew away, but I stand corrected! Maybe I should continue to make Errol's life a misery by posting for Izayoi. :)

Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about her. I have mixed feelings.

Psst, PK jump on Skype if you can. :)

Lol Ginseng.

As much as I understand how natural it is for anyone to talk about Izayoi, we have a character forum for her now. So if you wanna talk about her, please post your hype levels over there.

Don't take that too far please don't derail the thread =D

Who's going to make whose life miserable?

You might want to lock this

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?15296-GE-Izayoi-aka-Tsubaki-Yayoi-Off-topic-discussion-group

I don't plan to spend too much time looking at CP stuff atm, not really until the actual game hits at this point. It's so close.

I think only the super mods and admin can lock that thread since no one is a mod for her section yet.

And I guess I'll log into Skype lol.

Thanks Kurushii~

Also, when the game is finally released I'll probably just rename this to an actual changes thread and keep all the info from the loketests we compiled at the bottom like I've been doing. Will also update the general discussion's first post since it still has info from when Extend first came out lol.

Hum, Tsu is still Tsu in my book so I'm mentally thinking they're the same character when they're not.

That'll change when I actually get hands on the game but like with many others, I want to go into CP without knowing too much so I think I'll do my best to not spoil myself on too much info.

I'm still a lot more interested in regular Tsubaki!

Same, but izayoi does have me excited in a big way. Desperately hoping tsu isn't top tier and people jump on the bandwagon

Still maining Tsubaki, just mini-subbing Amane cuz' I like floaty characters.

j.236A won't finish with j.214x? Ew, so we have to choose how the combo ends?

It's a shame that j.236C is gone, I liked being able to IAD-> j.236C for a terrible pressure.

And from what we've gathered, Tsubaki now has to rely more on Install gauge AND 25 heat for Crush Trigger combos? This is disappointing.

(By the way, the 3rd loketest video is reserved for certain people, what's up with that?)

Yea I believe he made it private just to be safe.

Don't only look at it like that. We have better pressure and better overall pressure for example. The command grab gives us the charge we need.

The command grab gives us the charge we need.

I still don't know much about the command throw, so forgive my incorrectness. It gives us time to charge (as in throw knockback)? I thought ground charging got worse, anyway. And unless I'm wrong (due to lack of info) the command throw doesn't literately give us the charges (despite all info of the throw says that it "gives us 1/2/3 charges").

Oh and thanks for responding Kiba.

NP.

The command grab rewards you with charge, it's about one bar and it was shown in the Tsubaki vs Bullet video, but you can't see it unfortunately. Since ground charging is nerfed, you're better off just running in and delivering that pressure. But at least we can charge endlessly now.

OD also gives us charge too, but ofc you wouldn't just throw that out.

Just to note, we still don't know how much charge it gives. While the video shows about 3/4 of 1 bar, he did rapid it and who knows how much longer it goes on for, especially considering the damage at that point he did the rapid was only 480.

Hoping for 2 at least ;_;