Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CP] Tsubaki Changes and Discussion

mugen seems better. don't need to get 6c or 5c>6c to get really heavy damage. any old 5c hit works.

I noticed 5CC > 623D punishers instead of 5C CH > 6CC punish.

I wonder if there's a reason for that.

prorations

5A / 300/100/ 75

5B / 520/100/ 84

5BB/ 400/100/ 80

5C / 640/100/ 89

5CC/ 620/xxx/ 87

2A / 300/100/ 75

2B / 400/ 90/ 80

2BB/ 480/ 90/ 80

2C / 660/ 89/ 88

2CC/ 680/xxx/ 87

6A / 620/ 80/ 89

6B / 480/ 90/ 92

6BB/ 560/ 90/92

6C /250*6/100/94 SMP

6CC/300*3/xxx/ 84 SMP

3C / 720/ 95/ 94

3CC/ 980/ 95/ 84

JA / 300/ 90/ 77

JB / 420/ 90/ 80

JBB/ 570/ 90/ 84

JC / 530/ 90/ 84

JCC/ 680/ 90/ 87

Can we get this stuff on page 1 of this thread? :)

It should already be there under the "Other" section. I collapsed it since it made the post too long.

EDIT: It is hard to find though. I'll move it to the top of her changes~ Is that better?

Number 15 is the Yukiko palette.

I should also mention that they are DLC colors 7-16.

from what i noticed that it brings them closer to the corner also if he somehow messes up on the punish with 5CC he can just charge cancel out of it with 5CC it pushes them further away from you so it's a bit safer to charge cancel out of it and if blocked just run up grab but that's all i got for now on that hope it helps

I think it comes down to combo parts.

Ideally you want to have you best moves all up front. move A, move B, move C. But you can't necessarily do that based on hit stun, untechable time, etc.

The jigsaw puzzle comes together so that not being 6c first makes it easier to string things together. I still imagine the highest damage combos are going to come from 6c or 5c>6c, but people need to figure out how to fit them in.. Or maybe it won't.

Almost like how 623C is a critical part in Tsubaki's corner combos in CSEX, even tho the dmg/proration is really not that good? I dunno.

Similarly 6bb is looking like it is going to be a very important combo part in CP, the damage/proration are pretty decent, but more importantly, it's something else you can do the [4]6D>236D combo part off of.

I think it comes down to combo parts.

Ideally you want to have you best moves all up front. move A, move B, move C. But you can't necessarily do that based on hit stun, untechable time, etc.

The jigsaw puzzle comes together so that not being 6c first makes it easier to string things together. I still imagine the highest damage combos are going to come from 6c or 5c>6c, but people need to figure out how to fit them in.. Or maybe it won't.

Almost like how 623C is a critical part in Tsubaki's corner combos in CSEX, even tho the dmg/proration is really not that good? I dunno.

indeed good points people are probably still playing her like CSEX though it seems she has more of a mid screen game this time i know she still has great damage in the corner but it seems as though a lot of her options seem to be not necessarily corner only you know? just watching the videos on her in CP and then watched some of her CSEX vids and it felt that tsubaki pretty much needed the corner for a lot not for everything but for more of her dmg and options seemed to gravitate to the corner.

Might also be to leave the ability to 6c later in the combo open.

This is a really good point, since if you want to do a 3D sequence, (or even just a j.236D > j.214D) you need to be able to use 6C to pick up afterwards.

But given 6CC prorates well, you'd want to use it as early as possible for the best damage potential.

6C prorates well. 6CC is just decent now. But will still get used just like 623C gets used. Bad dmg or not, you need to be abe to continue your combo.

Could this also tie in to the mumbo-jumbo surrounding the new combo system where they asserted that combo duration was determined by the type of attack that started it? So there might not really be any big differences in combo duration here, just whatever damage adjustments come out of things? And well, 5C is 100 P1 now. x.x

I wonder what will be our best starter now?

It was 3©C previously but that was a bit difficult to pull off so it was 6CC.

If 6C proates well, I could see 6C > Mugen combos being a thing like it was in extend because 6CC would knock them too high to get the full 3D combo many times.

Since 6CC has a vortex kind of effect to it take makes it kind of brain dead to follow up on, it'll still be used a lot. Also, we have to remember that proration isn't everything, if something adds a great deal of damage to put in even it doesn't prorate all that well, it's good to put in strictly for the flat damage.

I look forward to doing some heavy combo works when I get my hands on the game but I'll keep a few things in mind that I notice from videos so we can get the really useful stuff out quickly.

Strongest starter is without a doubt going to be charged 22d, especially on FC. But that is going to have issues with practicality too.

Also 6bb might turn out to be a decent starter, since you can 46D>236D off of it (only on air hit, but CH 6b trips them so I think it could work..)

Strongest starter is without a doubt going to be charged 22d, especially on FC. But that is going to have issues with practicality too.

Also 6bb might turn out to be a decent starter, since you can 46D>236D off of it (only on air hit, but CH 6b trips them so I think it could work..)

Does this mean that 6BB combos after 6B on counterhit in spite of the weird trip effect?

I would think so since I'm imagining they would fall into the 6BB. The only time I can think of 6BB not hitting after CH 6B is if they're too far away or some weird shenanigans like they fall fast enough to tech out before it hits or hitboxes.