Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CP] Tsubaki Changes and Discussion

Right. another note, I saw someone say that the throw sends them flying up. so I suppose after RC, it would probably be a 2cc or j.CC followup combo. Tho, no idea about proration. If you could get like 3k-4k off it, using the 2 charges it gives you, that'd be cool.

Thanks a bunch again Errol. If you want I have the twitters for Spinoza, Konan, and Kuresu though I think Spinoza is the only one who's gone to the loketest (atm) looking at his timeline.

That would be cool, Pk. Thanks

A command grab that gives instant charges?

This just keeps getting better.

Next you'll tell me you can Mugen cancel the command grab for stupid damage.

One of the Japanese player guys needs to figure out if 6A oki still works D: 6A oki with a command grab sounds crazy.

That, and if 236D still causes crumple state. Those two setups with a command grab are going to be sick.

I was wondering myself if Charged 22B > 6A oki is still available as well. This command grab alone is really amazing.

There's good stuff there.

j.236A also releases an orb.

2cc floats higher, feels as though it was to make it harder to do IAD combos.

C projectile is 1hit, D projectile is 2 hits. If a D projectile hits a C projectile, the D projectile continues on. (tsub vs tsub)

Seems like the command throw is a series of Tsubaki slicing them up with the 6C blades. There's lots of places you can RC, but there might only be one place you can RC and still gain charges. Hmm...

So will j.236A > j.214D create the orb explosion? Seems like her specials have become a lot more potent since their are not 4 versions of them anymore

No idea. Would be cool if it did. But, j.236A releasing an orb by itself sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.

Hum... making j.236A actually useful out of combos with the orb release eh?

Yet another bit of good utility for space control.

I'm starting to feel like some random Tsubaki player wished upon a star and got his/her wish granted.

Ha. Orb on screen > dash up command grab > Combo. Oh the possibilities, I cant wait to see her in action. Wonder how effective having j.236A/D orb and [4]6C/D orb on screen will be. Gimmicky as hell but hey. We're used to it

Imai beat up Mori and told him to make her better. Jk but I know in the radio show she asked him (when Extend hit) if Tsubaki got worse since one of her fans mentioned it to her.

Good stuff to read. I hope most of these, or at least the ideas, make it to the final build.

An interesting thought is that Tsubaki's Overdrive seems like it would be good regardless of if you get to land a combo. Like, even if you use it and immediately get combo'd by your opponent, I think you'd still wake up with 3+ charges. Enough for a D Dp and other shenanigans.

Ya, unlike most other character's overdrive the best part of ours doesn't require us to be hitting our opponents at all.

If they burst your overdrive combo, you wouldn't be missing out on much of the benefits which is a nice change of pace from "MUGEN! -> Get Burst'd during 3-D series -> (Insert Sad Panda picture here)".

A quick question on the description of overdrive in the OP.

It increases your character's strength(?); Fills up over time, then when its full you can activate it.

At low health it lasts longer, and will freeze the timer when used.

I was looking at the UI on the screenshot and I haven't figured out just exactly what needs to charge before you can activate overdrive.

Maybe there isn't one and you can activate it as long as you have a burst available. The duration then is determined by how much life you have.

Thoughts?

If you look at the trailer, there's two instances of the burst icon being grayed out. One it's just straight gray, the other there's a red inner circle. It's probably just referring to bursts recovering over time.

Yeah, I think that's how it works. Not sure but I think you might not start the first round with a burst. Anyone know what it's like in P4A? I haven't watched that game at all, ha.. wonder if any stores will have any copies tomorrow

j236A has an orb too now huh? I wonder if she can still do the orb "oki" without using a charge by delaying a dive. Hopefully orb > D dive followup is still in too.

I think it's as Reptar said. Hakumen's part where I saw it greyed out with a bit of the red area in it.

Don't know if this has already been said and I'm just spewing old info but when the circle opens, the gauge that shows up seems to be the one that shows when the overdrive is done. Also noticed it at Hakumen's part haha.

Yeah, I think that's how it works. Not sure but I think you might not start the first round with a burst. Anyone know what it's like in P4A?

In P4A you start out with a burst. But if you burst and aren't able to recover it before the next round starts then you won't start off with one.

Would be nice. I wondered because when someone said they used at the beginning of a round and got back 3.5 charges, they specified that it was the 2nd round.

Would be nice. I wondered because when someone said they used at the beginning of a round and got back 3.5 charges, they specified that it was the 2nd round.

That's crazy though.

If the duration is handled by how much life you have left and he activated at the beginning of the 2nd round with full life for a duration of around 3 seconds, that means he got 3.5 charges in 3 seconds.

If that's a consistent recover rate for the charge during overdrive, during 15 seconds when you activate it at low health, you'd get back 17.5 charges which is simply insane. It's like a Mugen that doesn't take any meter/charges to activate and lasts for 15 seconds, that would be incredibly broken.

That's interesting... so it's possible you may not start off a match with it full. I wonder how long it takes for the gauge to fill then.

EDIT: Yea I was thinking the same thing J. There could be some crazy stuff depending on the character.

EDIT2: I need to stop jumbling my thoughts before posting since I mixed two different but related topics together aslkfjalsdkfj. :vbang: Time for bed lol.

If the duration is handled by how much life you have left and he activated at the beginning of the 2nd round with full life for a duration of around 3 seconds, that means he got 3.5 charges in 3 seconds.

Overdrive lasts 5 sec at full health according to other posts. Still not a bad recharge rate.

Friend who visited the loketest (only watched, did not play) thought the recharge was very slow compared to what hakumen got with his overdrive. But the two can't really be compared like that. 1 book charge is worth more than 1 magatama

it's seems from what i have read so far tsubaki's major plus seems to be her Combo versatility and i'm not sure on the new mugen thing something about it charging by itself (not very good at reading Japanese) i know it's a trailer but tsubaki seemed a bit faster hopefully CS2 fast