Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gli

[CP] Rachel Alucard Gameplay Discussion

I think bat iris could potentially be pretty useful. Maybe not for chasing people at neutral, but for whiff punishing it's probably a nice tool to have in certain matchups. As long as the bat is attached to them, characters like mu/koko might have a much harder time setting up traps. And I'd imagine it might be useful vs haz too in terms of him faking chains and whatnot.

Well we already have something for whiff punishing, impish ghoulia.   Against mu/koko I guess it could be kind of useful, but most Kokonoe's don't bother trying to battle Rachel in a zoning match, plus just having 3 well spaced poles on the screen is pretty good for providing the threat of sword iris so I wouldn't go out of my way to use barrel lotus just to whiff punish something in the future.  I'd just use it to zone or get in.  Also, honestly i'm like 90% sure the lotus would be kind of useless against Hazama since getting lobellia's out against a good Hazama is the hardest thing possible.

Potentially useful addition to her moveset =/= you shouldn't utilize Rachel's core tools.

It's just an extra option that we have that doesn't require wind or summoning pumpkin. It might not seem like anything amazing right now, but I'm sure there will be a place and time for it once people get accustomed to using it. I personally am happy to be getting a mobile sword iris.

Hoooly shit, these new combos are fucking hype. Now from air to air j.b you only need 1 wind to juggle them all the way to the ground, and it makes lvl2 j.2c relevant again :

j.b j.a j.c 2d JC lvl2 j.2c, land 236b, dash 6a, TK iris, dash 6a 4b, 5cc

With the shitty wind regen in this game this combo route will be really useful.

236b seems to connect well in the corner too, check out this combo for example : j.b *frog zap*, 6a IAD j.b j.c land 6a 236b, 5b 6a 236a, 6a 4b, 5cc. It looks so flashy lol

It's all in the first match of this video, Rachel is Gunma (I think I only saw one or two vids of him in CP1 and always thought he was pretty good) : http://youtu.be/_opYTc232cI

hey guys since you all have been so helpful with advice and tips on my rachel game and I can't help you improve your rachel game since I am a relatively new player. I figured I'd do what I could help you guys and pay you back in a small way. I did my best to translate this video. I put this in the actual video comment as well, I'm bboykenex on youtube.

note: whenever I say "pickup" or "pick up", it pretty much just means it can combo, the japanese literally use the verb "to pick something up" in that context.

start - 0:06

tentative rachel alucard summary

*This doesn't mean everything is correct

0:06 -

difference from before, 5b attack level dropped, combo width substantially dropped.

0:13 -

of course sequence/chain (translated literally but I'm pretty sure it means her standard BnB) also has been extinguished. By just guarding regularly it breaks the combo.

0:16

also, (baden baden) lily inserted combos damage has declined.

0:23

2b starter with 1 lightning rod: 3574

0:25

guaranteed damage multiplier (i think?) all around/in that area is lowered.

0:31

2b starter with 1 lightning rod: 3352

0:35

the most obvious/remarkable is the wind regeneration rate.

lets compare without delay.

new              old

1wind           3:04               3:16

2wind          5:50               6:02

3wind          10:00             6:56

4wind          14:10             7:52

(rachel says: heeeeyyy still not done?)

0:50

these are the results:

(see table above)

0:55

also, other than that:

6a ~ startup dulled/slowed, stun increase?

jc ~ untechable time lowered

4b ~ bound/bounce reduced, startup is faster

5c ~ adding the follow up startup acceleration

3c ~ same move prorate? cancellation/elimination, 1st, 2nd step is brought back or restored

lobelia ~ untechable time, distances

iris ~ startup acceleration

lotus ~ reduction in restriction/restraint time (i think it means the recovery frames)

0:56

and so forth, is increased?

1:02

and with that, lets see some new combos

1:05

this was (the case) in the previous version as well but this won't land properly one some characters.

**disclaimer, It could also very well be saying that this combo can now be done on some characters from before that it didnt land on properly

1:13

As for the throw combo, in the end the 6a>4b>5cc was modified to complete/land properly

1:21

rumor of lotus lily is that beezle isn't used and iris doesn't hit/land...(sorry I'm not 100% sure on that one)

1:26

apparently, a good ja starter looks like this. also, immediate 5cc is severe? (thats what it says...im not sure what they mean by "severe")

1:34

new element/factor, to 5d wind a jc causes the oponent to float.

1:37

it indicates that it can extend (combos) but, regretfully, 5b pickup is unstable/insecure.

1:43

immediate lobel "root" "route"(?) for arakune, bang, also corresponds/is supported (sorry not 100% sure what they are saying)

1:52

As for F-shiki (i think it means fuzzy guard), N-startup (no idea what this is), this looks good. From a b-lobel you can immediately pick up (the combo).

2:00

with jc>delay c lobel you can pickup a landing (or get them before they land). This really gives a sense that you can extend (combos)!

2:11

combo where b-lobel 9d rebound/recovery judgement restoration was done.

2:15

however, the degree of difficulty extraordinarily high, stablizing "root/"route" (theres that word again) is necessary for sure.

2:19

In the center will the "blue/azure meat/flesh" (wtf? is this a specific name for a move or previous sequence?) be restored? b-lobel untechable time has been substantially increased.

2:24

new element/factor 6a jc (as you can see it combos). While airborne iris connects (or i guess if you do it while airborne it can connect with othe stuff but wasn't this already possible?).

2:32

with immediate 3c you can pickup extraordinarily easily. However, it requires 2 wind meter.

2:40

when beezle (lotus) is present, you can be at ease(? have fun?). Are these the measures taken to save beezle? (...i think thats what it says)

2:51

bonus. The recovery rate investigation of saving/reserving 1~2 wind quantity/meter

2:52

wind quantity remainder of 2 situation

8:50  3:38   new version

6:02  3:16  old version

rachel says: its over??

3:04

in this case, it is faster than when it is at zero.

It seems that to empty/zero out your wind gauge applies a staggering horrible penalty.

In any case, the (wind in the??) original version is more superior but...

3:12

the rest is left to you

apparently even after exploding the bats rachel still gets the boosted wind for the duration.

Happy Hallows eve, gentlemen...

The queen insists we have chocolate cake in this day, on her behalf.

HappyBirthdayRachel.jpg

can someone check for me what happens in CP1.1 when you do 5B3C3>frog> 2a or 5b vs someone trying to emergency tech > upback?

I would also appreciate if someone would check if the 5b>3c3>frog>2a> block works against bullet dp in CP 1.1... 

So... N-O is ditching Rachel?  WE'VE LOST OUR LEADER!!!! T-T  On that topic, how many of us are sticking to her (as your main [not that I personally have any subs]) in CP2?  I know I am, but I feel like our community is about to be downsized again.

I won't be changing. Still gonna play rachel and arakune

Also, ive heard that N-O dropped rachel about 10 times already and its never actually happened. If you are referring to his tweet, I already saw a video of him playing rachel dated well after that tweet so I say false alarm again.

I know this isn't the best place to put this but I wanted to apologise to my fellow Rachel players that I haven't been able to keep things up to date as I would've liked to have done. I won't go into details but I do intend to catch up with things as soon as I possibly can.

Again, my apologies for the long delays.

Don't worry about it. Keeping the threads up to date is mostly volunteer work after all. You do what you can when you have the time available. If stuff came up, it's not a big deal. 

And N-O is back to rachel. (Saw this coming a mile away)

In the end, he can't escape his Hime-sama love. /cough

:P

Good to hear, though.

One does not simply -leave- the princess. Who will use you, abuse you, and give you an extremely slim chance of acknowledging your presence like she will? Sadist love is forever. \o/