Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrionXElite

[CP] Valkenhayn Changes Thread (Updated 8/6)

Not sure where to ask but anyone have any footage of the recent test?

Those changes seem weird but since many claim the game is CT with its short combos and high damage, Im curious to know what a midscreen combos look like since 2c has worst proration according to that list

I'm not gonna lie, but to me it looks like bad nerfs. Though maybe I'm saying this because I'm a straight Valkenhayn player. Well, if all goes bad we'll have to endure till a patch comes out. :/ But really? No 6b off of 2c? ridiculous. :/ And then 2C nerf....gawd

Well this is not the last loketest anyways, so there IS hope for the next one. I understand that he needed to be nerfed, but I really would like them to give Valk something to compensate (maybe more wolf moves?)

A little bit of (unconfirmed) Information via twitter:

*2A can not be jump cancelled.

*nachtjager can be followed up with 2A in the corner.

3C>nachtjager>2A>2C>6C

*Slower wolf gauge recovery.

*w.jC leads to about 3.7k meterless.

*Some(character specific?) issues with rising j.C overheads not hitting people crouching.

*Following up the command grab with 2B or 2C either doesn't work or it's a tough link.

*6B>3C is probably gone,6B>5C is gone.

6B does not force crouch,6B/2C Rosen does not connect on standing.

*CH 5B (crouch)>6C connects.(Is it faster?Does this work in csex?I don't remember.)

*4D feels like it has no invincibility at all.

*schwarze jagd feels faster.

*【j.A>j.C>5B>5C>6D>j.A>5B>2 cannons]>JC

2200、

【j.A>j.C>5B>5C>6D>j.A】>5B>5C>j.A>j.B>j.C

As of now the highest damage output a Valk player archieved is 5.1K.(Based on the network system)

Not exactly that good compared to the rest of the cast,so they say.

Valk seems to be having a rough time there but I'm not surprised.

I believe CH 5B > 6C works in EX.

5C looks exactly the same. However, they made 5C > Shwartz Jag'd possible. I will only assume that this is because they made the move faster. The question is, will he be able to still do 5D-D ( Well, I guess it would be 6D-D in this game ) 2C.

@Kiba: Yes, CH 5B > 6C was possible since CS2 (Stand or crouch).

csex values are in brackets if they differ.

Character combo rate: 70% (Was it 80%?)

CT:

Disregards character combo rate

dmg:1000

p1:80

p2:100

2A:

p1:100 (80)

p2:77 (84)

dmg: 300

2C:

p1:100

p2:92

dmg:780

6C:

p1:85 (80)

p2:84 (94)

dmg:1000

6B:

p1:100

p2:92

dmg:600 + 600

Mondlicht:

p1:90 (75)

p2:82 (92)

dmg:700

O j.C> 5B> 3C>jager> 2A> 2C> 6C

X 2A> 5B> 3C> jager> 2A> 2C> 6C

O [5A> 5C> 6D> JA]> 5B> 2C> 6C

X [5A> 5B> 5C> 6D> JA]> 5B> 2C> 6C

2C>schwarz RC>2C>6C>2C>6B>2C>Licht>4 cannons>j.C>konigflug

dmg:5131

[A cannon (air)>B cannon(air)>6D>j.B>j.A>5D]>2C>6C>2C>6B>5B>2C>Licht>j.B>j.B>j.C

dmg:2771

cmd grab>2B>2C>6C>2C>Licht>3 cannons>eisenwolf

dmg:3020

236B>236B can not be followed up.

Maybe in OD.

Just saw this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjljbXXCfLs&feature=plcp

Damn, wolf gauge takes AGES to refill, it's ridiculous.

Actually i'm prettry scared of what VK has become. Looking at his CP combos makes me cry...

Damn:

[A cannon (air)>B cannon(air)>6D>j.B>j.A>5D]>2C>6C>2C>6B>5B>2C>Licht>j.B>j.B>j.C

dmg:2771

All that for juste 2771?

He has a lot less possibilies (follow ups and mix up).

I hope to see good VK soon to cheer me up a bit. :p

The top Dan player is Zekusou Valk with a 96% win ratio and a max damage combo of like 6K. Not to mention there are 4 other Valk players between 5th-6th Dan with equally high win ratios.

I'm confident that Valk is still one of the top characters in the game and is out there raping faces. As for his wolf gauge it takes a lot longer for it to go down so the recharge thing is kinda cancelled out.

Nacht Rozen > D > D > 5B > 5C works midscreen

It's too early to make a combo discussion thread but I'll have a pastebin or a notepad with combos I randopmly catch in the meantime

Well, after watching Zekousho's Valk in play, I'd like to say that Valk came out pretty good. I seen him come close to depleting Wolf gauge several times it seems, that its a bit harder to manage wolf but not to bad. Valk looks fine so far in this game, also I remember reading that his wolf break is gone but I remember seeing Zekousho do it in a match!?.

...also I remember reading that his wolf break is gone but I remember seeing Zekousho do it in a match!?.

I figured out the brake thing on accident. Of course, pressing C while in a dash does an attack now, but you can cancel out of a command backdash as before with C. So, for example: 4D~C. You still have to time it like before or he will just fly forward as normal. It didn't seem to work for the forward dash, though. So the super fast j.A is still impossible.

Edit: It's 2C, not just C. Should have mentioned that. XD

From watching Hima play and bodying countless people, I can rest at ease knowing Valkenhayn's pressure and combo capabilities are looking great if not better then before. But that's just my opinion. Can't wait to pick him up so I can begin giving out old fashion ass beatings again lol (:

Well, for the mean time I'll continue catching bodies on BBCS EX. lol

Any videos of Valk's ground DD during Overdrive? I've seen the air one and it looks sick so I'm hoping the ground one has been touched up too.

I have yet to see any.

In fact I've yet to see his OD used properly.