Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrionXElite

[CP] Valkenhayn Changes Thread (Updated 8/6)

Any videos of Valk's ground DD during Overdrive? I've seen the air one and it looks sick so I'm hoping the ground one has been touched up too.

The ground one does an extra kick at the end.

And yeah, Kiba. People seem to be slowish figuring out Valks OD. It definitely opens up a lot of combo pathways. Also, it's actually really powerful in a similar way to FRKZ in that you are just really fucking fast and meter is no issue so you can go nuts.

Maybe I'm late or whatever, but I noticed that 5C is wolf cancellable too. Nifty.

I wonder if Wolf j.C > D > Human 2A would work given it worked off wolf j.B in Extend and the recovery doesn't seem too bad...would let us get rozen combos midscreen

It would be more conveniant to take this to the CSE Valk general discussion since this is the CP thread.

It would be more conveniant to take this to the CSE Valk general discussion since this is the CP thread.

? I'm talking about CP lol.

Wolf j.C (new attack) into crouching rozen hitconfirm?

Unless you mean it's not worth discussing since nobody can check anyways

You mean Nacht Jager? If so, I think the burst just went off before he got close enough. Bursts are faster now. I also think I remember getting hit out of it by a projectile.

I'll confirm when I get the chance, though. Likewise GenoWhirl I'll try the w.jC 2A thing.

This hasn't been mentioned yet, but Valk's meter gain has also been nerfed.

Konig wolf barely gives you any heat.

Well, yeah. I personally think that he needed a meter nerf though, his meter gain in Extend is pretty abysmal. No more meter for a busload of j.C fuzzy guard set-ups and Nacht Jager rapids. Oh well, that's honestly the least of my worries at this point though.

Really hate the 2C not connecting into 6B nerf, they should've just lowered it's proration. I will admit that raw 2C midscreen into 5.6k meterless was pretty damn cheap, but why nerf combo pathways?

Really happy about the Schwarz Jagd start-up buff, it actually has a semi-decent place in neutral now. Dat ghetto Hakumen renka.

Does anyone have the final changelog for Valky though? I'd really like to see it.

I'm still wondering, did we get nerfed with the meter replenish time? And if so, do wolf command dashs and such use less meter now? Still a tad confused.

You mean Nacht Jager? If so, I think the burst just went off before he got close enough. Bursts are faster now. I also think I remember getting hit out of it by a projectile.

I'll confirm when I get the chance, though. Likewise GenoWhirl I'll try the w.jC 2A thing.

Can you test if 2C>5D/3D>break>wj.A>etc. works?

I personally think that he needed a meter nerf though, his meter gain in Extend is pretty abysmal.

His meter gain is actually quite good in extend. Any combo involving 2+ cannons (which is 95% of the time) will give you a good amount of heat.

Don't remember who said that VK was still able to output 5k damage, but I still need to see this. :/

I didn't see that. All I remember seeing was that Valk was the only character not to achieve at least 5k.

Hey keebs, is that nerf separate from the universal system change? Which affects some chars more than others. I knew that Ragna's hell's fang gives abnormal amounts of heat but I didn't know there were any other moves like that. Did they ditch that behavior on stuff?

Another move like that is Schwarz Jagd. In EX it rewards Valk with about 12 heat, which is cool.

Now that I look at it, it may appear to be a universal change to those who had moves like this. Hells Fang + followup gives about 4 heat in CP, so yea. Looks like that ditched that characteristic on some moves.

By the way, I remember that someone said something about Valky hitting 5k as well. Oh, it was Nokita. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14685-CP-Valkenhayn-Changes-Thread-%28Updated-8-6%29/page4

His meter gain is actually quite good in extend. Any combo involving 2+ cannons (which is 95% of the time) will give you a good amount of heat.

Yeah, that's why I think that he needed the meter nerf he got in CP.

Highest damage right now is 7038 by Joker. This is pretty good, I guess it was an OD combo from 6B FC or 2C. Wish I was there to see it.

On average though, Rachel players have higher max damage right now lol

OD and a 6B FC for only 7038k? Oh boy.

We're doing more then that off of a cornered 2C confirm with 50 meter right now in extend.

Pretty sure that characters like Hakumen and Ragna can ToD using OD in CP. I wonder where this is going to leave Valky players.

I have no idea, just a random guess. Maybe it was standard 6B or 2C too, absolutely no way for us to know. But all the other Valks barely break 5.5 for now.

Really hate the 2C not connecting into 6B nerf, they should've just lowered it's proration.

Actually 2C>6B does work on both standing and crouching opponents. However, 6B no longer forces crouch, and doesn't have any gatlings. You can link 6B>2A though... If the opponent is airborne when you hit them with 6B, things work quite similar to before.

I'm still wondering, did we get nerfed with the meter replenish time? And if so, do wolf command dashs and such use less meter now? Still a tad confused.

Meter replenish is nerfed, yeah. I think it drains slightly slower and command dashes uses less meter, though. Not 100% sure. Overall it's still a nerf. You see a lot of people opting for wolf meter preservation combos over damage.

Can you test if 2C>5D/3D>break>wj.A>etc. works?

If I am understanding you correctly, then the answer is no. You can now only brake at the apex of the command backdashes. It doesn't work at all with the others during startup. After that, it'll just do j.C.

Needs buffs. Nuff said >:/ lol

I got a feeling we're in for some tough matchups with the changes they implemented on Valkenhayn.

Like which ones? Valkenhayn may not have harder MUs because of the changes made to him per se, but because of the changes made to other characters which may have made them stronger, such as Tsubaki who has better neutral control.

The only real thing that hurts Valk in the long run is the reduced damage, so it means we have to work harder.

Yeah Valkenhayn is doing just fine. He's considered a strong character in CP currently.

If you were basing that off the info in the OP, it should be noted that it is way outdated from a loketest. A bunch of it is wrong.