Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrionXElite

[CP] Valkenhayn Changes Thread (Updated 8/6)

It's going to be harder, yeah. Especially in the damage and meter management aspects of our game.

Jin, Tsubaki, etc all got buffs so I'd go ahead and assume that some MU's are going to be harder due to us getting mostly nerfs and them getting buffs, as Kiba said.

Merry Xmas Eve, Valkenahyn Players...!

Merry Christmas Eve, Geno.

does his w.5a hit low again? I saw in a vid a feint into w.5a and hakumen was standing and got hit by it.

No, it doesn't. Which doesn't really matter at this point.

w.5A was one of our worst starters in terms of damage, I'm happy with the new 5C sweep.

Merry Christmas GenoWhirl. :D And thanks for the welcome. I'd been on dustloop for a long time and decided to maybe start posting. We'll see how long it lats, heh.

I still haven't checked anything I didn't already answer... I've had a really bad sinus infection for a little over a week and haven't wanted to go into a cigarette-smoke filled arcade. XD

I haven't really been following what's going on with Valk...so, to be clear:

5C can cancel into wolf, which feels like a big buff to me.

2C > 6B DOES connect? Or no?

w.5B no longer launches...ouch.

And how does his movement work with the changes? Is it different/harder now?

Any notable damage nerfs or buffs?

w.5A is not a low

now wolf movement is done with the D buttons + directions

Wolf movement is pretty much the same

his damage is lower now

untechable time is longer on Mondlicht

6C has same move proration

and I'm not sure about 5C being wolf cancelable, but I think it's jump cancelable on block.

Oh, that's almost as good.

So jump > D~66~D is still the input for his quick jumps? It's just if you do D and a direction that it becomes a wolf movement?

Yes, but 5D will transform you, so with this apparently Valk can no longer do those breaks.

EDIT: Actually no, Wolf Breaks are still there, I just saw it in the FT10

2C> 6B DOES connect? Or no?

2C > 6B works but 6B doesn't force your opponent to crouch anymore. Pretty sure you can link 6B > 2A though.

What's the benefit of forcing crouch anyway? Followup with 6C? Prevent backdash?

Also, what exactly is the "wolf break" system people keep talking about? I don't see why all the movement options being transferred to the D button needs to change anything.

Follow-up with 5C into Nacht Rosen.

Wolf break system allows us to pause during command dashes for fuzzy guard setups and broken mixup capabilities. But apparently people have seen it, so I don't know.

Yeah... I had previously said you could only do it out of 4D and 7D... I guess I was wrong caus Koge is clearly doing it. I have no idea how... Time to do some experimenting!

Anyone know exactly what Valk's OD does to all of his moves other than DDs? So far I've only noticed A down Koing causing massive ground bounce.

Yeah... I had previously said you could only do it out of 4D and 7D... I guess I was wrong caus Koge is clearly doing it. I have no idea how... Time to do some experimenting!

6D maybe?

What is the input for wolf break? It's not mentioned in the guide.

So wolf beak allows you to pause mid air in wolf?

Just do we're on the same page by wolf break you guys are referring to how he does the wolf overheads right? The input is a quick 5C~(3)C > j.A and it's explained in the FAQ section of the guide. He kinda pauses by spinning in the air and then falls down if you don't followup with an attack. Excuse me if I read it wrong however and gave you the wrong answer.

First time I've seen someone use Valky's crush trigger. Looks cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpU9GgpayO0&feature=player_detailpage#t=431s

First time I'm seeing someone followup from it, but I'm fairly confident in saying that he could've gone for a more optimal combo, something along the lines of (2C) > 3C > 236A > 2C > Stuff into air combo with wolf.