Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrionXElite

[CP] Valkenhayn Changes Thread (Updated 8/6)

With Chrono being announced and seeing all the changes to overall system and style of the game, I'm hype for it again. I'll be updating this thread as info arises and feel free to discuss any Chrono Valk type things here. General on topic rules apply, keep it on course with technical and speculative concepts but I don't care if people have fun. Valk isn't a cut and dry piece of old man anymore so I'm excited :3

Loketest Info:

System Info:

-Gold Bursts have been removed, replaced with Overdrive.

-Green Bursts work as before.

-Crush Trigger: Pressing A+B during certain attacks will break your opponent's guard (unless they're using Barrier). This costs 25% Heat.

Overdrive Info:

-Builds up over time, activated with ABCD.

-Increases attack power(?) and grants character-specific benefits.

-Duration depends on your health.

-Freezes the timer when used.

Valkenhayn: Endlos Volf - Wolf Gauge charges much faster.

Valkenhayn Changes:

-Rasenwolf command changed to direction + D

With this,the wolf break system has been eliminated apparently.

-2C>6B does not connect on a grounded opponent.

-Nacht rosen>[JB>JA]>2C does not work or its really tight.

Seems like they end up being too low for the 2C to hit.

-Nacht Rozen does not launch as high anymore, explains why follow ups are hard from it.

-Nacht Jager has much less blowback on air hit now, looks impossible to combo off of air hit without an RC now.

-JC>air DD is difficult to connect.

Hima isn't sure why.

(Is JC not special cancelable anymore?Is the air DD slower?)

-w.5B does not launch. (This was NOT a typo apparently)

-w.5B does not cause float on air hit. (THIS was the actual typo, it works as normal on an air hit)

-w.5C is a sweep.

-w.JC is a diagonal kick. EDIT: It hits upwards at about a 45 degree angle and seems to leave enough advantage to do something after.

-w.5A is no longer a low.

-Very basic wolf bnb:

wolf A > wolf B > wolf C>6D> wolf JA ([W]5A>5B>5C>6D>j.A)

-nachtjager is supposedly impossible to follow up.

Source:jbbs,twitter,hima

Loketest Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vykvTavri8&feature=plcp Vs Azreal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFx5aFKte58&feature=plcp Vs Makoto

Placeholder if needed.

Also I'll go ahead and put my speculations here. I'm REALLY glad they nerfed him honestly, his mixup in Wolf form was a bit dumb with the ability to do Dash~Brake into high/low/hit confirm/fuzzy/blockstring etc. By them focusing movement solely on the D Button, it easily makes his mixup less ridiculous, his Wolf form more versatile with new moves. 5D and j.5D are obvious going to be transform while each direction is its corresponding Dash. 2C getting nerfed for the millionth time is no surprise, but it does mess up our general BnB off of footsies. Unless Jager>RC>6B works, odds are we won't be able to do much of anything off of Jager. Although if they only nerfed it slightly, we can probably still do Jager>RC>2C>Rozen and go from there. They also seemed to changed how some of his Air Wolf attacks hit. If I had to guess, his [W]j.B probably hits them down at a steeper trajectory meaning that the j.A would hit really low to the ground making the 2C link WAY harder. his new [W]5C and j.C will probably have its uses in place of other usual combo routes. Given his Overdrive gives us faster Wolf Regen, it potentially is there to give us the ability to counter balance a potential increase of Wolf Meter used per combo/mixup. Overall, given his extremely offensive style, I don't think his Overdrive is THAT worthwhile UNLESS activating does one of 2 things:

1st: It acts as a RC in combos to segue to higher damage kill combos off of lighter hits (i.e 2A>2B>5B>Jager>Overdrive Cancel>combo)

2nd: It acts a failsafe for if we run out of Wolf Meter and by that I mean that if we run out completely, we can activate Overdrive and have it taken out of its extended cooldown.

If neither of those work out like that, I dunno how effective overdrives in general are going to be for anybody really. I'm 90% sure there will be some kind of cancel mechanic behind it for combo extensions. Another thing I thought up is what potential moves will have Guard Crush followups. I dunno if the Crush Triggers are a unique and new animated move or if its just a rehash of another like they do for CAs. But I'm also curious WHERE these moves would go, if they were possible to use in Wolf Form(i.e, one of his Wolf moves has a Crush Trigger follow up), that could salvage his mixup potential at the cost of meter. But it also gives us more of a reason to save our Burst instead of using Overdrive to save us from a Guard Crush.

Thats about all I've thought about for now, I'll add more speculations and ideas as they come up. Overall, the new mechanics have the potential to be really good and give the game a strong balance so I look forward to seeing more about it :3

Well, a wolf sweeping is pretty hype but this is definitely not what I had imagined :U

But I'm a loyal butler so even if I'm playing Amane I'm obv still sticking to Valken

Lol many are going to drop this guy and go for Azrael calling it right now

Can anyone explain to me this Overdrive nonsense I feel as if its similar to xfactor

What move does Valk gain during Overdrive

There is more info on hima's twitter for anyone who can translate.

2C,5C,3C can be cancelled into geschwind wolf.

He's not sure whether j.C returned to CS status or not,he's still fucking up the inputs.

(7D>j.D>j.C>5B)

2C,5C,3C can be cancelled into geschwind wolf.

Ah that's pretty cool! This definately calls for more mixup and stuff right?

-2C>6B does not connect on a grounded opponent.

The main problem is that you can not to do Jager> RC> 2C> 6B.

I think that Jager is faster now, it's may work 3C> Jager> 6D> w.jA in mid screen.

In a sense this is great i assume that you have to be in neutral state to transform back and forth

and the gold burst removed is very good news

That's not much of a problem you can do jager>rc>5C>tk214B>etc. or 2C>rozen>etc. Not being to followup after jager in the corner seems like the biggest issue.

Ok I was watching the 2nd video against the Makoto and I noticed one thing that may explain why 2C>6B doesn't combo anymore, I noticed that the Valk did Jager>RC>2C>Jagd as a basic combo. Now in Extend, 6B and Jagd have the same startup of 22 Frames. So this means one of 2 obvious things were changed:

1) 6B has more startup

2) Jagd has less startup

If its number one, its means we'll fine in the long run because we still have access to 2C>Rozen>9D>etc If its number 2, it means 2C got a big enough hit stun reduction that we will have to start using the 5C>TK j.214B like DJ stated.

So I guess we'll have to see how the loketests progress, right now Valk looks pretty underwhelming given his Overdrive isn't too worthwhile compared to others...I hate Arakune:v:

Whoa, he got nerfed bad. You guys don't think he'll be like CS1 Rachel do you?

Regardless I love a challenge. Valk is forever my sub.

I doubt he'll get that bad, he really only seems bad at the moment cause they reworked his core movement design and his combo routes are gonna be a lot different now. Not to mention that literally everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt due to it being a loketest. But we shall see.

throw>2C>6C>2C>6B>2C~ still works.

The new loketest version is up and running.

*w.5A is not a low anymore.

I only to see nerfs. In the final versión will be top tier? Something happened to makoto CS2 :vbang:

-Nacht rosen>[JB>JA]>2C does not work or its really tight.

I guess that could be possible to do rosen>w.jB>w.jC>2C.

w.jC: Apparently leaves enough frames to execute a move. It also seems to raise a little to the victim.

Im surprised no one is talking about Valkenhayn in Chrono despite the fact that hes one of the current top tier characters in Extend.

That directional input is bothering me a bit, i dont mind the changes as they were necessary but the change in command inputs is weird to me.

https://twitter.com/hima696 we got hima's twitter but no one translating it

やってて補正がキツいのか、受身不能が減少したのか、発生遅くなったのか、はたまた別要因が有るのかはわからんが、空中喰らいの2C6B、6BB、B2C、JBリヒトが繋がらなくなるタイミングが早く感じる。どこまで繋がるか一から調べ直さないと駄目だね。

Something about the timing for 2C > 6B > 5B > 2C > j.B?

C昇竜か?まあなんにせよ拾えるんだな。

Something about C

ベガ立ち。ラグナ端コンはD昇竜>横>着地3C>まだお>ダッシュキャンセルB~っぽいな。

Something about Ragna...3C > Wolf dash cancel thing?

とりあえずヴァルケンハインは狼コン拾い直しは狼JBJBB以外はとりあえず捨てる。BケニBケニルートからは浮きすぎるから4Dで高度調整。エリアル締めはケニ>6Dや7D>人戻りJBJBJCは現状は高度調整厳しいから7D人戻りJCで良さげ。

I think we lost j.b > j.b as wolf. aaaand lots of 236B wolf things aiwhfoaiheg

クラッシュトリガー(以下CT)はヴァルケンでコンボ組み込むなら端投げ>CTぐらいかな?空中喰らいは浮きの高い床バンだからとりあえず2C6Cが繋がる。まあまあ減る。

Something about crush trigger in combos

とりあえず狼A>B>C>6D>JA>B>BケニBケニは6DJBJBBで拾い直せない。

I think he's sayign this doesn't work

ツイッター世界でヴァルケンの情報集めようとしたら予想外の攻撃を受けてブルーになった。失望させてすいません。 ?

https://twitter.com/hima696

やってて補正がキツいのか、受身不能が減少したのか、発生遅くなったのか、はたまた別要因が有 るのかはわか らんが、空中喰らいの2C6B、6BB、B2C、JBリヒトが繋がらなくなるタイミングが早く 感じる。どこ まで繋がるか一から調べ直さないと駄目だね。

Something about the timing for 2C > 6B > 5B > 2C > j.B?

I'm not sure if it's because the proration got worse, the untech time decreased, the activation got slower, or something else, but the time window for airhit 2C6B, 6BB, B2C, JB Licht to connect seems to be shorter. We'll need to reinvestigate these timings.

C昇竜か?まあなんにせよ拾えるんだな。

Something about C

C DP? Well regardless, we can still pick them up afterwards (A bit low on context so I have no idea what he's refering to)

ベガ立ち。ラグナ端コンはD昇竜>横>着地3C>まだお>ダッシュキャンセルB~っぽいな。

Something about Ragna...3C > Wolf dash cancel thing?

(Either he or whoever he's refering to didn't play and just observed). Ragna corner combo seems to be something like D DP>side punch>land 3C>it's not over yet>dash cancel B~

とりあえずヴァルケンハインは狼コン拾い直しは狼JBJBB以外はとりあえず捨てる。BケニB ケニルートか らは浮きすぎるから4Dで高度調整。エリアル締めはケニ>6Dや7D>人戻りJBJBJCは現 状は高度調整 厳しいから7D人戻りJCで良さげ。

I think we lost j.b > j.b as wolf. aaaand lots of 236B wolf things aiwhfoaiheg

Anyways, for Valk drop all wolf combo pickups besides wolfJBJBB. The B König B König route causes the opponent to float too much, so adjust height with 4D. For aerial enders, König>6D or 7D>human JBJBJC currently requires pretty strict height adjustments, so 7D human JC might be better.

クラッシュトリガー(以下CT)はヴァルケンでコンボ組み込むなら端投げ>CTぐらいかな?空 中喰らいは浮 きの高い床バンだからとりあえず2C6Cが繋がる。まあまあ減る。

Something about crush trigger in combos

For sticking crush trigger (hence refered to as CT) in Valk combos, corner throw>CT is about all we have right now. An airhit causes a high-floating floor bounce, so 2C6C connects. Does decent damage.

とりあえず狼A>B>C>6D>JA>B>BケニBケニは6DJBJBBで拾い直せない。

I think he's sayign this doesn't work

For Wolf A>B>C>6D>JA>B>B König B König, picking up with 6DJBJBB doesn't work.

To add on this:

Valk's crush trigger is a kick based on a karate move.(袈裟蹴り)

As far as I know,'brazillian kick' is a generally accepted term for this

kind of move everywhere around the world.

2C:worse proration.

6A:does not launch as high as it used to on CH.

6A CH>(dash)2B does not work.

6B:1 frame slower?(2C>6B does not work but 2C>schwarz does)

worse Proration.

w.5C: w.5A>w.5C does not connect.

Seems to have more than 11 frames of start up?

Throw:better proration? floats lower.

Nachtrosen: floats lower

Nachtrosen>6D>[beast cannon x4] is possible.

Nachtrosen>[wj.B>wj.A>5D]>2C>6C does not work.

Can also be followed up with 6D>D>2C.

Mondlicht:floats lower,more untech time?

B cannon:floats lower

Cmd grab: command changed to 236C (http://sp.bbcp.ac/chara15.php)

Damage increased to 1.5k,more recovery,2C is said to be impossible to follow up

with afterwards.

236C>2B works.

The 7D>j.D>2A combo part still works,but the 2A can easily blue beat even in FC combos.

(proration related issue)

Current BnB's:

6B>5C>Rosen>[6D>D]>2C>6C>Mond licht>[bAB Cannon>2D>wj.C>jc>JD]>j.B>j.C>Air DD

dmg:5489

[w.5B>w.5C>6D>wj.A>D]>5B>2C>6C~

can lead to about 3.8K meterless in the corner.

[w.5A>w.5B>w.5C>6D>w.JA>w.5B>2 or 3 beast cannons>A Eisenwolf] or 6D>D>j.C

[w.5A>w.5B>w.5C>6D>w.j.A>D]>5B>5C>j.B>j.B>j.C

[(w.5B>)w.5C>6D>wj.A>D]>5B>2C>6C>2C>6B>Mond licht>[3 cannons>A Eisenwolf]

[(w.5B>)w.5C>6D>wj.A>w.5B>2 or 3 cannons]>>6D>wj.B>wj.B>w.5B]>j.B>j.B>j.C

or 7D>D>j.C>2A>5C>hjc>j.A>j.B>jc>j.B>j.C