Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moroha

A.B.A vs Dizzy

A.B.A vs. Dizzy Japanese ranking: 5.5-4.5 A.B.A After playing this match a good amount, I personally believe it to be even. All sorts of terrible, terrible things can happen to both ABA and Dizzy in this match. It's heavily momentum based, as one landed hit can mean the world for either player. While I used to thoroughly loathe this match, I've definitely grown to like it more. First, the bad news. You're inevitably going to have to deal with Dizzy oki, which is definitely not something to take lightly. She can cross you up, and also bring multiple overheads in a string with her two air dashes or throw you, and all the while projectiles are keeping Dizzy safe. Use 5P/2P to clear away fish if you have a hole to do so (f.S, which you will also be using, hits twice, so you can use hit one to kill a fish and potentially hit two to hit Dizzy). ABA's 6P is perfect for dealing with Dizzy's airdash shenanigans. Dizzy also doesn't have the strongest of anti-air games, as her 6P is rather bad. This limits her anti airs to 2S (Which I think clashes/trades at best with your j.HS?) airthrow, a mad early needle, and the Firewall super. Again, not the best of anti-airs, so your air to ground risk isn't bad at all. The basic flow of this fight tends to be, when Dizzy gets a knockdown, you need to make sure that regardless of whatever mode you're in, you need to block strong / react well, and find your way back to the neutral game. When ABA gets a knockdown, it's the exact same deal for Dizzy, only for her, getting hit once can really mean the end. Your wakeup options are also considerably better than Dizzy's; make sure once Dizzy hits 50% tension, you respect her two supers. This fight is dirty and, for sure, heartbreaking for one player. Either it's mahvel baybee for you all round long, or it's just a fucking crime scene for Dizzy.

on normal mode i wouldn't suggest u to 5p/2p-ing her fish while you has an ofensive option to just roll forward and throw her. do this once in a while, coz i believe most of Dizzy player have high confidence to not let up her pressure against slow opponent the j.hs on moroha mode does indeed rape her like mad :vbang: and FB danzai is a quick answer to deal with her knock down pressure, Dizzy can only counter this with Necro Okotta Bai otherwise she'll be forced to block and give ABA a momentum on the match and btw i agree with japanese Rank ABA only need to stuff her with 2 j.hs on moroha mode and she's done :v:

Sliding forward (And FB Danzai, for that matter, since it absolutely can be baited like any SRK) is always a risk, but for sure a risk worth taking in normal mode. Just be aware that if you get hit out of your slide, you're back to square one against Dizzy. I can say that the match is rarely an easy one for me, generally I have to react very well and play solid basics to get to a good Dizzy. When you do manage to crack Dizzy in 1.5 hits, you sometimes have to wonder how the other player feels. :p

yeah i know that feeling lol to land a hit on good Dizzy is a big pain in the ass coz we'll just block all day and waiting patiently for moroha gauge to get expired XD, and btw on neutral fb Danzai v Fish is a waste of tension IMHO =| high jump and air dash would be better option to get out of her setup

I've gotten a ton of matchup experience with this as a DI player, and yeah I agree with the Japanese matchup. Pressure is everything in this match, do whatever you can to keep it. This match is ruthless, it tends to be one sided for an entire round, or neck and neck to the last pixel. And a slight warning, don't try using Moroha 2D to stuff her as she's dashing towards you, don't know for sure but I think there's better options and Dizzy can fly over it :keke: