Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru VS Yosuke Hanamura

I've Played Him A Little.From What I Think And Know Is That You Have To Place Your Pokes When His On The Offense. Wait For A Opening On Pressure Then Hit Him Then Try Pressuring Him.It's Tough Sometimes Cause His Dumb Fast But It Will Pay Off.Watch Out For His Persona Grab Though Slow You Never Know.He Has Two !! Over His Head When He Does It Jump Over It Pretty Sure You Can Land A Hit After.Not Sure But I Think Most Of His Special Are Unsafe Not A 100% Sure.Hopefully I've Helped You A Little Or More.

Most of the Yosuke's I've seen online stick to the same mix ups, so here's my own 2 cents on the matchup.

-Block his pressure string and wait to see if he'll do 236A and start flipping. If he crosses you up, mash DP. After your opponent makes note of this, most times Yosuke's will instead flip the other way to bait a DP, so just visually confirm that he's moving towards you and mash DP.

-If he goes for the unblockable "!!" move, use A Coup to Counter hit and follow up with another combo (he's standing after this though, so no Sweep xx B Coup combos).

-When he does Mirage Slash (j.2 C/D), just remember that it hits low. Most times, when they do it up close, they're doing the cross under version, so block low from the other side. Otherwise, you can DP that too.

-Yosuke's AoA is pretty fast too, so watch out for it during block strings, then punish.

-If they ever random Garudyne towards you, buffer Bufu super and it'll come out on frame 1.

-Charge 5B whenever you feel they'll DP.

Hope this helps.

I've Played Him A Little.From What I Think And Know Is That You Have To Place Your Pokes When His On The Offense. Wait For A Opening On Pressure Then Hit Him Then Try Pressuring Him.It's Tough Sometimes Cause His Dumb Fast But It Will Pay Off.Watch Out For His Persona Grab Though Slow You Never Know.He Has Two !! Over His Head When He Does It Jump Over It Pretty Sure You Can Land A Hit After.Not Sure But I Think Most Of His Special Are Unsafe Not A 100% Sure.Hopefully I've Helped You A Little Or More.

Can you not write like that?

Yosuke's sweep is a pretty good dodge for Mitsuru's 5A, just so you know.

You can always coup droit after he goes airborne to avoid the mixup or end up right next to him if he decides to flip backwards to elude a DP.

Otherwise, abuse j.A when you can and activate some of Yosuke's FAs with a max range 5A.

How do you play this matchup when Yosukes Sweep completely nullifies Mitsurus 5A and 2A? There's next to nothing I can do to a Yosuke that knows how to use it and abuse the sweep. I know 5/4/6B counters it, but because of its slow startup, it seems a little impractical to throw out, as a whiffed one can easily open you up for punishment.

hello guys, im a yosuke player, and want to ask you this: is Coup Droit A/B/SB punishable on block by any means ? online at least, i cant punish this attack, not even with grab o.O

i really hope this attack get a nerf, so she can be at least punishable like wiffed YU lion or swift strike on block, the way that is today, its completely ridiculous how she can spam it

almost every character has a move that beats coup droit. Yosuke can sweep under it. If you're getting spammed by it, look for a gap to sweep under it

Yeah, like suna said, you can sweep it with most character's sweeps. You asked about how to punish on block, not how to stop a bad Mitsuru from spamming it mindlessly. That said, you're not playing the matchup right if you're getting hit by that all the time or even blocking it... you're much faster than her. You should be able to run circles around most Mitsuru players without being in danger of getting hit. Just be careful of a DP if you ever try a crossover.

droit is free to punish with yosuke, use 5a so you won't get blown up by 4b after a misspaced droit

sb droit and a droit are at best -1 so if you ib those spaced you should (maybe) be able to punish. b droit spaced is plus and cannot be punished

an attack -1 means that i need an attack with 1 frame start up, and nobody have an attack like that, meaning that fucking coup droit is unpunishable, my match against mitsurus now with yosuke is running away all the time and trying to punish something, her combos are way more difficult to block than akihiko.

and i cant sweep right after a blocked coup droit either, her 5A still hits me before the startup of the sweep.

an attack -1 means that i need an attack with 1 frame start up, and nobody have an attack like that, meaning that fucking coup droit is unpunishable

Keep in mind, that it is unsafe for Mitsuru to continue pressuring you at this point. If she decides to continue pressing buttons then you will get a CH. At the very least you get to start your own blockstring, assuming you're starting with fast normals.

my match against mitsurus now with yosuke is running away all the time and trying to punish something, her combos are way more difficult to block than akihiko.

Mitsuru has good options to mix you up when she has meter to spare, but in general she relies on the opponent making mistakes. Her AOA is slow and easily punishable and her j.B can only capitalize with 50 meter. This makes her high low mix-up poor for most of the match. Mitsuru's will typically try to trick you into thinking you're about to get grabbed and then fatal you. I'm not saying that you shouldn't tech throws, but just to keep an open mind about when she can throw you. Predict that she could throw you, but don't tech it until after you see it. You get plenty of time in this game, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

an attack -1 means that i need an attack with 1 frame start up, and nobody have an attack like that, meaning that fucking coup droit is unpunishable, my match against mitsurus now with yosuke is running away all the time and trying to punish something, her combos are way more difficult to block than akihiko.

and i cant sweep right after a blocked coup droit either, her 5A still hits me before the startup of the sweep.

you misunderstand

i said a and sb droit are AT BEST -1, as in max range, tip of the move. it is much more unsafe at closer ranges

At worst it's like, -4. If she makes the mistake of pressing a button after, you CAN and you WILL get a counterhit.

It's never too late to keep these things up to date. P4C has me hyped enough to continue playing P4A. Hopefully this can help someone.

This matchup is definitely in Mitsuru's favor. We have a strong neutral game that compete's with Yosuke's and we have the safe tools to call him out for just acting crazy.

In neutral, make use of 5A and j.A to keep him out. Any Yosuke who has learned proper movement and gliding will get around 2B no problem, so don't use it too much. He just has too many ways to bait it. Instead, make use of Mitsuru's amazing air throw or you can air-to-air with j.A. When dealing with energetic Yosuke's who wont stay put, you need to be patient. 2D is an amazing tool in this matchup. It will catch him at superjump height from almost fullscreen and is relatively safe to just throw out there. Get good at confirming 2DD combos, because they'll pay off in this matchup. 2DD > (walk back) 5AA > 5B > 2AB > c bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B coup does roughly 3k and isn't too hard.

Once you get in, you can disrespect him all you want. Max range 5A will set off yosuke's counter, but wont get sucked into it. It's also worth noting that 2B > j.C blockstrings work on yosuke, even while crouching (he's tall, and that's a good thing).

If you're on the defensive, don't just mash DP. His 2C is terrifying, easily one of the best fatals in the game. Keep in mind that he's + after he uses 5B, so mashing isn't recomended either. Be patient. His mixup game isn't very strong and it's all reactable. DP moonsalt on reaction, or if you can call it out, go for a CH air throw.

Also...

Yosuke's sweep can low profile mitsuru's normals, so don't autopilot pressure. Ch 2A > sweep combos are helpful here. CH 2A > 5AA > etc, works too, if you can confirm it.

Don't get greedy, if you have the lead and you're in neutral, keep it that way. Focus on keeping him out, rather than making your way in. You're begging to get Kunai'd if you get impatient.

Teach him to respect you. Mitsuru can punish Yosuke for being disrespectful, probably better than any other character. If you condition him to be patient, then you can treat him like any other character.

mm. ill add to this.

5A, jA, jC, 2D are all good general neutral tools. you have to discourage dash up 2b's and stuff from him. 2b admittedly sucks.

when he uses run and cancels into moonsault, weaker yosuke players will moonsault towards you. airthrow that. others will either moonsault away and use kunai or moonsault away and do nothing. wait for him to land and punish with A droit > link into 5AA crouching confirm. if you wait for him to land, there is no way he can fake you out with j2C/D or anything.

in neutral, try your best to not get hit by random kunai - if you can avoid this, you can significantly reduce the amount of random damage you take. depending on your position, you'll need to use SB or A droit. link with 5AA > crouch confirm.

2a is an ok idea against him for sweep, but if you whiff 2a you'll get hit. if you read sweep, backstep. itll make his sweep whiff and you can punish with a crouching confirm. also in neutral you can use jB or 2a, but again, he can punish your 2a