Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moroha

A.B.A vs. Faust

A.B.A vs. Faust Japanese ranking: 4-6 Faust I don't think this match is really 4-6, I'll add more later. Contributions wanted

I don't know, 4-6 sounds pretty accurate, maybe 4.5-5.5. Faust seems to have a lot of random CH knockdowns that can come out of nowhere, especially if you play stupid aggressive in Moroha like I do. IAD S or H is generally a big risk, as he can 6p, 2H, 5S, even 2d or 6H to ruin your day. Fullscreen he can scalpel skewer a bloodpack attempt, and depending on how early he gets it, force a burst or a knockdown. I feel like A.B.A's 5S doesn't beat out Faust's, I could be wrong though. Dash in 5H could be good for pressure, much like in the fight against Axl. Not much except his 5H (which is really unsafe) and maybe 2k can take you out of Danzai, so rush up Danzai/FB Danzai + Combo/Oki might be a good way to get something going. Also I'm stupid and get hit by doors ::8/: This is my most frequent matchup, so I'd love some additions/commentary...

One particularly bad thing for you here is that he can dust in between the two hits of Danzai (yes, even the EX). On the other hand, that same move owns the shit out of Pogo stance. Also, in normal mode, the slide is effective at times since it goes underneath that 5S. Go for the throw, and don't forget that you can OTG keygrab afterward without even having to dash!

I played this matchup a lot on the night before last night. One thing I discovered was that A.B.A's 63214H (keystab) beats out Faust's 41236K One thing I can say, I feel COMPLETELY unsafe and uncomfortable when fighting in A.B.A's normal mode, in the sense that I don't know which are the practical ways of transforming into my Moroha mode. All that range and random stuff on screen, I get scared too easily to want to move anywhere xD Faust is itching to mixup 5S, 236P's -> Door Mixups. One good thing, if you have reflexes that are unmatched, you can hit Faust before any of his door moves come out, even after he's warped through space. For instance if he appears infront of you; you can keystab. If he warps from atop, you can j.P to stuff it or move just outside of Keystab range. I'm not sure if you can keystab the door that appears behind A.B.A =( Granted, I felt that during the times I couldn't react to it in time, I would just crouch block, since my opponent as Faust loves to FRC door -> 2D combos. If I get hit overhead it's fine. But then he remedied that with his ForceBreak overhead, so it seems to me that fighting Faust may require some reflexes. Trying to bait with Bloodballs was a risk in this matchup IMO, since I wasn't sure exactly how Faust can/could retaliate. Often times I found myself waiting for door mixups and trying to beat him to the punch and going into keystab. Faust can FRC his door, but even if he FRC's, you can still hit him before he can do anything. At the very least, you can grab to keystab without the need of dashing in. I couldn't find out when to use 2H in this matchup :gonk: DON'T JUMP IN TO THE AIR IN NORMAL MODE, IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!! I think a lot of Faust's normals are also aerial unblockable unless FD'd. I kept getting hit by 5K, 2K, and some kind of anti-jumpin where Faust just swings his arm into the air at a silly angle.

Faust is a good fight to get comfortable with. Like Testament, Bridget, Axl and Zappa etc, he's one of those fights where you really need to bide your time and be very patient, as he has answers against you in both Normal and Moroha modes where other characters are caught with their pants down. His j.HS rocks your world air to air, And his 6P / f.S gets the job done on the ground. Moroha f.S / 5H is still really potent as always. Reflexes never hurt! What would you do if you couldn't react to Slayer's 6K? \_(O.o)_/ Bloodball is good esp from range if I remember correctly if you're trying to transform. Bloodball FRC Bloodpack fo sho. Also FB Slide is pretty strong if you're trying to get a transform. I don't think he can do anything if you blockstring a normal 5H into Bloodpack either. If you're not confident with door mixups you can just jump outta there. Remember, if you block a door, you get to take him for a ride. From memory, in my experience I seem to remember normal mode 2H trading with Faust into OTG Keygrabs, lol. It's been awhile since I've played Sin's Faust.

hi im new in dustloop!! i just wanted to say that faust its a very cool match up for aba, somethings u can do is land a grab than otg(only on faust), ussually they like to suspend on air with flautless def. bring`em down with a danzai also u can danzai(force break) all the meteors and next pull out a sweet combo. while in normal 236p its a cool tool, also use 632146hs overdrive invincibility, land just one hit then otg. i hope this helped... btw im from dominican republic!!!

I didn't have much trouble once I got into Moroha. It was trying to get into Moroha safely that I was worried about xP EDIT: More about the matchup. Even a full sj.H (Moroha) beats out Faust's 236P and counterhits. Bloodball is just barely decent, but Faust can zone the hell out of A.B.A, can be a tad bit frustrating. 2H into jumping combo that keystabs would be one thing to try to land after baiting. You might be able to use 236P (Normal mode) for mixing into command keygrab or a regular grab that leads into a keystab. When Faust is on the Pogo Stick, the flower on Faust's head will actually clash with several of A.B.A's move. Namely, in moroha mode, j.S, and j.H. D= Normal Mode 236P under Faust's 5S, into either Keygrab or a Keystab combo. In this matchup, you may have to get comfortable using the bloodpack it seems. Because a very Zony Faust will just play keepaway the entire time while nibbling damage. If you HAVE to jump, j.P or j.S -> j.P would be your best choices. But again, don't jump. Faust will just use 5K, 2K, 6P, j.H. Which is frustrating because the lot of it is Aerial Unblockable.... So check it. When Faust is on the Pogo... You might be stuck in his "triangle of influence" where his head stretchy move or the low ground flower affect this triangle most. Don't be afraid to crouch when he's in pogo stance. I'm not sure if he has an overhead during Pogo stance, but if he does, it doesn't combo as far as I'm concerned xP Anywho, if you're stuck in this and you're feeling icy, 2H is the answer for the pogo stance.

if im in normal mode and faust is on the pogo, if I feel the low flower coming, I like to TK keygrab depending on distance. Works pretty consistently. Also in moroha I find myself usinng 2d a shitload against faust, he's got to respect the range, and it' good on block and great on hit.

j.P and 2P beats Faust "Going my way"? I'm not sure if it has anything to do with position/timing, but I've managed to do this consistently beating Faust "Going My Way" without even thinking about it xD