Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

[P4A] Labrys vs Naoto

Labrys_Vs_Naoto_Header.png

Please use this thread to discuss and contribute to this matchup. Information will be added to the main post as information comes. Keep in mind that strats will be changed as the game evolves.

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Medium Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs His Tools

Offense

Your Offense:

His Offense:

Defense

Your Defense:

His Defense:

Gimmicks and Resets
-

Match Summary
-

I've been running into a lot of Naoto players recently. Mostly, I've been trying to play super patient until I can force my way in.

Any tips for this match-up?

Save your Burst for SMP loops or if your fate counter hits 0.

At anything less than full screen, EX Hookshot can counter bullets.

j.B is very strong in this matchup since Naoto has short range. It's also great for clearing traps.

Her 2B is unreliable so expect her to use a lot of jumping normals and airthrows as anti-air options instead.

If you know there are traps on the screen but don't remember exactly where they are, approach slowly. Jump forward while blocking and poke away the traps while Naoto is reloading her gun or shooting somewhere else. There's a lot of time on the clock so there's no rush.

A common string for Naoto is 5C > 2C or 5C > 2[C]. 2C has fast startup, hits once, and doesn't leave a gap but it's minus on block. 2[C] has slow startup, hits 3 times, and does have a gap. It is very positive on block. If you are forced to block this, keep blocking. Roll during the gap to punish if you think they're going for 5C > 2[C]. Otherwise, backdashing during the gap is safer since Naoto can just as easily jump cancel 5C and punish your roll.

Whenever Naoto is in the corner, expect her to do that EX roll that switches sides into gunshots. Naoto is very strong against cornered opponents. Her throw is comboable in the corner and she can easily set up SMP loops with Mudoon in the corner. Try to force the match midscreen and avoid getting cornered if possible. Doing high damage with Naoto midscreen requires a lot of meter, OMB, and combos that a lot of people probably haven't mastered yet.

As a note, she can do EX roll immediately after EX roll, so if you try to do something cute to punish it and she has meter, she'll just do it again and hit you out of that, so even when you know she's going to do it, it's better to just block/dodge it.

Thanks for the advice, guys! I appreciate it.

I tried playing against some Naotos tonight, and I think I'm getting the hang of it. :3