Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

[P4A] Labrys vs Labrys "I'll Face Myself"

Labrys_Vs_Labrys_Header.png

Please use this thread to discuss and contribute to this matchup. Information will be added to the main post as information comes. Keep in mind that strats will be changed as the game evolves.

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Medium Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs His Tools

Offense

Your Offense:

His Offense:

Defense

Your Defense:

His Defense:

Gimmicks and Resets
-

Match Summary
-

actually hate this MU.

cant dp because labby can just do 1-2 hits into dp and win. or if i hold it (or if i dont) labby can just 2a 2a block or 5a block.

seems first momentum wins. any solutions to get labby off you without using dp since its so easy to destroy as labby lol?

j.B is very annoying in this matchup. Labrys has a hard time anti-airing her own j.B and if you mess up...be prepared to eat a nice CH combo or set up.

Labrys has a lot of unsafe pressure. If your opponent is being overly aggressive, start IB-ing and punishing. That said, she also has a few airtight strings, so if that's all they are using...it's time to take some risks.

Agree with the momentum aspect, but that's the story of this game.

can you punish 214a on IB with dash 5a? never tested and im not at home.

if i can that will be fine enough i guess.

j.B is very annoying in this matchup. Labrys has a hard time anti-airing her own j.B

Not really. One of my biggest problems against the Labrys I faced last night was that I kept going in with j.B only to get hit with 2B.

I mean, if their j.B out early enough, yeah, you could get hit before your 2B comes out, but it seems generally difficult to beat 2B from the air.

can you punish 214a on IB with dash 5a? never tested and im not at home.

if i can that will be fine enough i guess.

I really want to say no. At high level axe...I'm pretty certain that's a no. The problem becomes the range of the 5a, since Labrys has a pretty long dash startup, they will probably have time to block afterwards. I guess you can test it since I won't be able to for a while...

Not really. One of my biggest problems against the Labrys I faced last night was that I kept going in with j.B only to get hit with 2B.

I mean, if their j.B out early enough, yeah, you could get hit before your 2B comes out, but it seems generally difficult to beat 2B from the air.

Well in that case, we can make that a 50:50, since it becomes completely timing/spacing dependent. You are trying to hit deep j.B which makes it easier to anti-air (more time to wait) versus trying to go for a shallow j.B where it just touches which becomes much harder to anti-air.

In the case of deep j.B, you get an easier time following up after the combo, but you put yourself at more risk of getting anti-aired.

In the case of the shallow j.B, you get an easier time baiting and punishing anti-air attempts, but you may lose out on the followup should they block it or you don't get counterhit