Sign in to follow this  
koogy

[AC] Video Discussion Thread

Ochiai registered as Ano Ochiai, literally means "that Ochiai." Probably a play on "ano hito", meaning "that man?" :psyduck:

Out of all the 32s, 16s and 8s is that seriously all the matches they gave us? Holy crap, WHAT ABOUT THE REST.

And fine, to make this post a bit more useful, I can translate some of the player names:

1st screen: Haaken vs. MDR

2nd screen: Maruken vs. [idk the symbols, but it is Fumo]

3rd screen: something-Ochiai vs. Minami

4th screen: Nemo vs. Rena

5th screen: RF vs. [idk the symbols exactly, but it is Ogawa]

6th screen: Satou vs. Kiabui

7th screen: Machaboo vs. Koto

8th screen: Chonari vs. Tsujikawa

9th screen: Koichi vs. LOX

Listed in order from top to bottom;

1st semi: Akira/Inoue/Kazuki vs. Satou/Mocchi/Chonari

2nd semi: Kishitaka/Haaken/Koichi vs. N-O/Shounen/Woshige

Final: Satou/Mocchi/Chonari vs. N-O/Shounen/Woshige

Thanks a lot !:yaaay:

:kitty: Ugh, it's still pissing me off that we're getting like 35% of probably the best GG SBO in the history of its run, and worst, that the 65% would have been the part I'd rip and put on my iPod for regular consumption. Aaaaah wtb full DVD.

Out of all the 32s, 16s and 8s is that seriously all the matches they gave us? Holy crap, WHAT ABOUT THE REST.

Wait, so American teams are not shown at all?

It's a good thing that I haven't purchased it yet. I should reconsider...

After all, all I wanted to see are American teams and Kazuki.

foreal! 1 kazuki match, 2 koichi matches, 2 woshige matches? really was expecting A LOT more. Something a long the lines of the DF2 DVD. wish my copy would hurry up and arrive.

If I want to buy the arcadia issue, it's February, right? I'm considering it, despite the lack of DVD content, since I'd enjoy a chance to practice my japanese while reading about video games.

I would say it's only like... 10% of the whole tournament featured? Shonen and Woshige were steamrolling throughout the tournament, and only their semis and finals matches were shown.

Yeah, ok 35% is a gross overestimation. And some of the clearly illustrious teams aren't shown even in the least; Kazuna/Samitto/Kedako come to mind. /bitching Perhaps what they should do next year is like have a pre-order list for those who want the full tournament, and have the option to have it sold/distributed via digital download. And honestly it wouldn't matter if they just gave it to us completely unedited with start screens between matches like Mikado Nicovideo vids with no title card to tell us who is who; just give the vids, damnit. Oops, still bitching.

just watched the dvd

1st yea, that's really all there is.

onto my thoughts

satou blocking kazuki's crossup into mixup was insane.

kazuki's comeback vs mocchi was nuts too.

does anyone think kazuki choked with the random burst or was he baiting mocchi, i really can't tell.

woshige perfecting haaken was just beautiful.

as far as KK1 vs Shounen WHAT THE FUCK I can't believe he actually threw out a jump height h-dive from across the screen. that's easily I-No's most punishable move and Shounen sure took advantage of it. That round was so free.

However on the subject of KK1 vs Shounen, I honestly believe the ONLY reason KK1 lost the last round is because he inputted a slashback and the stupid system read it as dead angel. serious bullshit.

KK1 perfecting LOX was sweet.

Tsujikawa's 18 hit, double super combo was gorgeous.

Personally I think the play this year seemed really sloppy. I don't feel everyone was on their A game. In fact I don't think anyone except Woshige and Tsujikawa was.

JUST raged so hard. I saw the disco slayer in the acho vids have robo ky in the corner. does dandy H. 6P 6P Dandy H 6P -> BBU?! NO YOU DO 2H. Robo ky even did 2S and had flashing gaurd bar. FUCK.

I think Dogura's primary weakness is mashing SRK when things get rough. He's eaten so many punish combos in the a-cho videos. Of course, if you have a SRK it's hard to not mash it in the heat of the moment.

the appropriation of SBO videos through illicit methods is not up for discussion in this forum. and although "Ano Ochiai" might be a reference to "That Man", it's more likely that it's meant to be interpreted as " 'That' Ochiai", with a slightly vague notion of what makes this Ochiai so particular.

Does anyone have a link to the recent acho ranbat vids? Those were awesome, but they already took them down.

They're on youtube already, should be in the more recent search results for a-cho

Does anyone have a link to the recent acho ranbat vids? Those were awesome, but they already took them down.

A-cho always post their videos on Nico, so if you have a Nico account, you can just type "ggxx a-cho" to search for every A-cho GG video on Nico.

Let me just give you the link: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9582455

isa fans...now i understand why isa is isa... :psyduck:

sorry if it sounds a bit "random", but it sounds "coherent" with the japanese player: he always is playing with characters with high tier (sol in #R and eddie in AC)

for me, it's not fun to read the newspaper with a "red font": ISA VIRUS ATTACKS SALMON INDUSTRY!!!!!111...AGAIN :vbang:

not to spoil the fun, but it's more than likely a place name, his family name, or even part of his first name (like from "Isamu" or something). for example, 石原 can be read "isa" (just look it up on Japanese wikipedia).

Yeah I'm pretty sure those 2 are mike and Koichi respectively. Dogura/Inoue team is just too top tier!

Sign in to follow this