Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moroha

A.B.A vs. Ky

A.B.A vs. Ky Japanese ranking: 6-4 A.B.A This matchup is in our favor because we have the mobility to deal with Ky's fireballs at max range, have the ability to play poking games with him that have higher reward for us, many ways of baiting and beating his SRK, and most importantly, the ability to crush him in two hits. Ky is far from helpless, however. Jumping in on him is a terrible idea, as his anti-air game is fairly strong against you and leads to knockdown combo. Your goal in Moroha mode is to get Ky in a blockstring; once you catch him blocking a f.S, you can start running your pressure game on him. You can punish predictable stun edges with IAD j.S, and predictable SRKs/Greed Severs with Danzai. A blocked and non-cancelled Stun Dipper (-15) gives you a guaranteed Rekkas, and I believe an IB'ed Greed Sever (-14 on regular block) gives you a f.S combo, at least up close. A blocked Ky 5D also gives ABA guaranteed Rekkas or f.S depending on how close you are (he's at -12).

Nice, I didn't know about the guaranteed rekka's after 5d. I have a harder time with ky after getting knocked down ONCE, his mix-up is pretty decent, throw game is solid. Would you suggest going for more reversal EX danzai against Ky then normal?

I gotta agree about not taking to the air against him. I find myself losing this match up because I eat my friend's jK into an air combo that leads to knockdown, and from there it's not too hard for Ky to knock you down twice... and well, Ky's instant kill is fast. It's embarrassing, hahaha. EDIT: I can't say I'd reccomend waking up with EX danzai. Maybe against a predictable/badly placed CSE...

I definitely don't agree with that 6-4. Maybe a slight advantage for Ky if anything. His anti-airs are just too good and all lead to knockdowns (along with every single other B&B he has), and then in the ground game you have his various projectiles to deal with.