Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amadeous

[P4A] Chie Satonaka Vs. Yosuke Hanamura - TRIAL OF THE DRAGON

This thread is for discussion of the Matchup against Yosuke Hanamura. Please post any relevant information here. The OP will be updated regularly with any information posted in the thread that could aide the summary of the matchup.

Matchup Ranking:

Your Plan:

Their Plan:

Openers:

Punishes:

Neutral Game:

Character Specific Notes:

Played against Yosuke yesterday and after watching a video, i've realised quite an easy way to by-pass Yosuke's R-action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCDYmHpLHUY&t=9m26s

Basically, how it works is that you attempt to cross him up with j.C, and if he uses his R-action, it will activate because of the j.C, but if you observe carefully, j.C leaves Chie in the air a while long, making her avoid being hit by Yosuke's R-action. Comparing the hitbox of Yosuke's R-action, and the height that tomoe leaves Chie when using j.C, it seems like Chie doesn't enter the hitbox of the R-action. You'll end up on the other side, allowing you to go for a good hard hit combo.

I've tested it out myself, and it works out really well.

Indeed, JC is extremely easy to dodge his Furious Action with.

A tip I learned to stop his jumping flip mix-ups is to air grab or jump back B, though it's not foolproof.

I find this is a hard match-up as Yosuke controls the pace of the match. His 5A seems unbeatable outside of max range 5C/Black Spot, much to my chagrin, as he can just dash up and start abusing it into mix-ups, and Chie doesn't have anything fast enough to stop that on reaction. Any advice?

My assessment - 6:4 Yosuke's favor

In my limited experience this match-up is probably one of Chie's worst, and it's made even worse online.

Using j.2D at fullscreen will smack his persona approaches. 2B isn't awful in this matchup, but be really careful with it and use it sparingly.

My best advice is to just turtle up and wait for a hole in his pressure. It's difficult for him to Fatal Counter Chie's B+D, and without fatal counters or a good hit, risk reward is skewed to be about even.

Once Yosuke gets impatient and starts doing Moonsault/Unblockable/Overhead, you can punish it if you see it. Be on the look out.

If he's tall enough for fuzzy that will blow up his counter too, and as mentioned before j.C is pretty useful for avoiding it too. As long as you don't get Fatal'd you have a huge Health/Damage advantage so make your hits count!

Again be patient, if you're not sure on a combo followup (ie non ch air to air j.b) just back off! He'll win if he late techs for free. And don't chase him or you'll eat damage for no reason.

My biggest problem is how damn mobile he is, and Chie's lack of fast, low-range mid-range moves makes that a big strength over her. 2A and psychic 214C are her only hope for beating his dash up moves, everything else gets out-ranged and/or out-sped.

That's why I recommend being patient and just blocking. A lot of his mix-ups are unsafe, so if you block them - you get a punish. If you don't eat a CH or specific starters his damage is pretty low. It's very hard to footsies with him, so just play cautious and wait for the mistake.

EDIT (If you really feel the need to, use B+D for your footsies, the risk/reward is like... 1600 dmg on him if you guess right and 2500 on you if you guess wrong... not in favor, but it will at least beat his dash 2b/5a shenanigans)

I think the only ways to punish Moonsault > Moonsault is to hold 9 after blocking and either J.A or air grab. Unfortunately, J.A is really finicky at this point and comboing after it is quite strange, even off CH, as she lands crossing Yosuke up. Even though you can punish predictable Moonsault > Moonsault, he still can Kunai or fake you out, and as far as I can tell if he completes his Moonsaults he's safe from Chie. Oh well, Evasive Action and air blocking also work if you want a low-risk way out.