Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amadeous

[P4A] Chie Satonaka Vs. Yukiko Amagi - BFFs

This thread is for discussion of the Matchup against Yukiko Amagi. Please post any relevant information here. The OP will be updated regularly with any information posted in the thread that could aide the summary of the matchup.

Matchup Ranking:

Your Plan:

Their Plan:

Openers:

Punishes:

Neutral Game:

Character Specific Notes:

This is also a match up I struggle with immensely. Other than well times evasions, I'm having an incredibly difficult time getting in. Often when I'm able to get in, her dp is incredible and even when I manage to bait it out, I still struggle to mount any effective offense against her. How should I handle this match up? Any and all advice is appreciated.

I have to second this notion. This seems like a terrible match-up. What are ways to punish her zoning? Are you supposed to 5C punish her DP (which IMO is hard to react to)?

This is not a nice match-up. After playing with our local Yukiko player for a few months now (MiracleKnight), it's more about knowing what Chie (and in-general what the system) can do in very specific situations.

This is one match-up that does not gain very often from 5C. Yukiko has a lot of options that blows up the mid-range (5A, 2A, 5C[?]) quicker than Chie can. I've found more success trying to go to full length and getting in with 5A, 2A, which is precisely where you wanna be. Your human normals are faster, if not even, with hers. If you can get a 5C and force a block, as far as I can tell, you're safe on the following dash cancel even on IB; she has nothing that can truly punish it. So look for an R.Action bait or grab after 5C dash cancels, as they are her fastest/safest moves in face-to-face.

Chie has the nice ability to R.Action unblockable fires. This is something you'll have to learn on your own, but try to find the good situations to R.Action them. In some situations, it's hard Yukiko to fully punish due to the distance moved, speed, and ground recovery of the move. I have not seen a situation where I am really punished from the air yet. Furthermore, if Yukiko is close enough and you touch her, you have the option to R.Action super cancel into either install or meteors, both are the bane of her existence. Install keeps you close and in her face, and every move of yours should beat hers out, minus R.Action or if she already has a move out. Most likely, you'll actually counter-hit her. So go into your R.Action Install punish (which should be: buffered dash 5C, 236B->236B, Ender; OMB for 5.5K which is HUGE for this fight.)

I say your main goal is to land high damage combos. Try not to burst out of combos unless you get fatal'd in corner and the Yukiko knows their ish AND you're going lose the whole match if so. That way, you have OMB combos that take 50%+ life and avoids her Awakening hopefully which isn't a TERRIBLE situation imo. Try to get the Yukiko to burst so that they're free to be combo'd to death.

Practice air CH combos too, because it's not always easy to time her R.Action landing on ground for an easy 5B, 2D Fatal. It's possible to do: 5B, 2D, buffer dash, 5B, 5C, j.C, dj.BB, j.8D, 236B->236B, 214C, 236236D though. But if you really need to kill her and/or make her bleed (also it's Burst baitable at the start and easier IMO): 5B, 236236A, dash 5C, 236B->236B, 236D, OMB, 5C, 214C, 236236D for 6.5k; 100SP. You can style on them if you're close enough to corner and buffer another dash 5C, 236B->236B, before the 236D OMB... but it does like 50 more damage.

post-9047-139515173395_thumb.png

I also decided to mess around with it, you can do two Installs after the 5B CH before going into the combo for 7.5k; 150 SP instead if dire straits are there.

If she gets Awakening and she uses her Awakening super (the fire pillars) you have a couple options:

Run at Yukiko: best used if she does the pillars raw or doesn't instantly buffer the pillars after a knockdown/burst while you're at the fullest of full screens. If you buffer your run properly, you can outrun the pillars if they're behind. If they're ahead, slide through them and punish/pressure her.

Jump block: Safest of all options as it gets you off the floor, and thereby high low mix-ups, and gives you air-dash movement afterward. Once again, only if she doesn't buffer D version (from behind) pillars right after a good knockdown.

Block: Forces you into whatever position she wants you. But it's Yukiko, so that may not be so bad :d... Either way, just block and be prepared. If you can get a good R.Action from her using the D version pillars, then destroy the girl for her ignorance.

R.Action her 1/2/3D unblockable setups. She HAS to be close to make it work, so your R.Action should at least tap her. INSTALL CANCEL IT if you have the meter because you can also be baited in that situation, and once again it puts you right in her face.

Jump cancels are probably one of your better friends for this match-up as her R.Action is so slow you can jump and block before you get nailed, or bait it that way and get a punish. If you jump above her, her 2B fans will miss also. So feel free to play around with that some.

This is all I can think of at this time. I still have trouble with the match from time to time too. Once you get in, do your best to stay in, basically. R.Actioning for Awakening meteors is a good option if you're lower on life. Getting in once can be the end of Yukiko, especially with no burst. This is one of the main match-ups I use burst damage instead of defensive (well...I do that in a lot of match-ups, but this one, I glorify it.)

ALSO, punish the Persona whenever you can. Yukiko minus Persona = more predictable moves (not necessarily worse, a good Yukiko will use their normals appropriately, still making it somewhat hard for Chie). You can slide through her 5B fans, but you run the risk of doing it too late and getting punished. Try to rule the maximum mid range during her Persona Break periods. Any closer, and her 5A can still wallop Chie and Chie's persona.

Hope this helps fill out this thread some.