Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke vs Chie

#BanChie

I don't even know where to begin...gimme some time, guys.

I'll just start with...DON'T GET COUNTER HIT.

I'll just start with...DON'T GET COUNTER HIT.

By 5C or throw, anyway.

Her 2B moves her forward and she'll slide with it if she runs and does it so watch that.

The fun thing about Yosuke is he can jab her Persona if she does 5DD, but not if she does 2DD because Yosuke has a 5-frame jab. He can also trip it or maybe even Garudyne on wakeup; haven't tested.

Remember that hitting a persona counts as that attack connecting, so you can jump cancel, go into 5AA, a special, or what have you.

Just to make it clear, hitting a persona is considered as having your move blocked, so you can't jump cancel if you did something like 5B or 5C in neutral and hit her persona only.

Her 5A/j.A will both stop a j.D or trade.

She's pretty tough, you gotta learn to block. You -have- to learn how to block her.

Rampage ends her blockstring if she doesn't cancel in to skullcrusher, which ends her blockstring if she doesn't cancel into black spot, which ends her blockstring if she doesn't super cancel into meteors or power charge, which starts the mixup game.

You gotta instant block dash up 4A to get out, and even then it's not a guarantee.

Be aware, when combo'ing into dash spring B then doing moonsault A then B.. it whiffs on Chie and Teddie.

so basically instead of

236B, 236A~A, 236B~B Kunai

you would do the regular 236A~A 2x

yosuke seems to have a better footsie and neutral game compared to chie but once she gets a knockdown its best to late tech to not get completley destroyed by her persona 5dd mixup.

Okay so I am just coming back from a long absence. Is the counter to the Chie 5DD oki just never tech? Can she like otg or something if she anticipates you not teching? It seems too good to be true the few times I delay teched and got out of the pressure.

Okay so I am just coming back from a long absence. Is the counter to the Chie 5DD oki just never tech? Can she like otg or something if she anticipates you not teching? It seems too good to be true the few times I delay teched and got out of the pressure.

Yosuke can actually 5A Tomoe out of it if you just delay your tech a tiny bit after getting sweeped. I know both Yosuke and Akihiko can do this. Haven't tested anyone else except Kanji (who can't). Best way to time it is just let yourself fully flatten onto the ground before teching. Once you get used to doing this you can dramatically change this match-up.

If I had to guess, I'd imagine anyone with a 5-frame or faster startup 5A could do it.

Make sure you realize that I said Tomoe not Chie, although I don't think Chie can really do anything fast enough to punish you for doing this.

In what situation exactly? That is to say, should that work in every situation where you delay tech a meaty tomoe? what are you trying to dodge by delaying your tech?

I've used it in every single situation that Chie sweeps you and puts Tomoe on you. Just wait til you completely flatten the ground, neutral tech, then push 5A and you'll cleanly smack Tomoe out of it. It only works with characters who have 5F or faster start-up 5As. I've tested it with Yosuke, Chie, Akihiko, and Yu and they were all able to do it.

Not that this would ever happen, but if Chie like, blindly runs toward you after you tech and tries to 5A you, you can use Kanji's 214C to grab her right through Tomoe's pressure. Once again, it's a 5F thing.

OK so the stuff about late teching chie's oki off of sweep

Yeah characters with 5 frame 5a's can jab her out of 5DD on wakeup. Good Chie's are gonna know that and they can do j.2D oki. You can late tech this and get out of the oki but Chie also has some cross up setups into extended pressure to worry about so I wouldnt late tech it all the time. Either way its a hell of alot easier to deal with then 5DD. I guess if you're late teching she could also set up 2DD which she normally doesnt get off sweep but we're theory fighting here now. In the corner though, she gets 2DD oki so you have to respect that. No 5Aing her 2DD

It's not the question here but its just worth noting that she gets 2DD off of her AOA juggle and that has to be respected

A bit late but Yosuke can also 2A to Chie's DP, then instantly get a combo off of it by DP'ing back fast enough. For EG: 2A, DP then, 2A, 2B, 2C, j.BB, j.2B, jBB, j.2B, Garudyne.