Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke vs Elizabeth

Does anybody have any advice on this one? By far my worse mu. From my perspective and experience playing her, she is unfuckingbelievably good. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong..Sad to see all these matchup threads so dead.

Does anybody have any advice on this one? By far my worse mu. From my perspective and experience playing her, she is unfuckingbelievably good. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong..Sad to see all these matchup threads so dead.

The key in the Elizabeth match-up is patience. Her lazers which she will be zoning you with have 3 different versions and it's important to be able to distinguish between them. The A version comes out the fastest but is very unsafe on block and depending on the distance you will either be able to dash up and punish or get a free way in. The B version starts up slowly but is + on block and the same goes for the EX version. You can EX dash spring through all of them too for a free combo if the Liz gets too comfortable using them.

When you get closer, one of the harder things to deal with in this match-up is her j.B, this move is incredibly annoying as it is active forever, has no landing recovery and has a hitbox behind her too. the large horizontal, disjointed hitbox also makes it very difficult to anti-air if she is not directly above you and you can forget about air to airing it. Luckily for us though, it is possible to R-action it on reaction and trip her as she falls into Yosuke's foot.

Another key thing to remember when approaching this match-up is trying to bait her 5b. This is another annoying move but it is easily punishable if the Liz likes simply throwing it out. On whiff it has horrible recovery which means a free big damage punish for you (and with Liz's low life it's extra painful). For me, a lot of the match is hovering just outside her 5b range so that if she hits a button she'll get punished for free. Keep in mind though that if it even touches you once it can be made safe by cancelling into 5c > blockstring.

On the topic of Thanatos blockstrings, a lot of people think this is far scarier than it really is. Rather than trying to react to the command grab/2c after 5c, instead just hold up-back straight away and you will block the 2c or jump straight over the 5d meaning that you get to break a card for free. As you know Liz without Thanatos is free, so Persona breaking her is pretty key too.

Her R-Action can be very frustrating at first but, like always, our godlike R-Action beats it clean. Whenever you see her use her R-Action for whatever reason, just hit B+D and get a free knockdown+500 damage. It's as easy as that. This also means that keeping her blocking is a much easier task, seeing as her guard cancel is absolute trash.

I feel that this match-up is in our favour, it's awkward at first but playing with patience makes it ten times easier. Just don't get hit, she does shit-tons of damage. On the other hand, her low life actually makes our damage output look decent!

While making 5b whiff is a better punish... Yosukes sweep will actually go clean under it as well so if you are at 5b range and she throws it out you have that option as well

You can try to react to her DP with a DP of your own if you just 5A/2A on her wakeup since your A will whiff. Meaty 5B works too of course. Pretty much the only the last hit connects if she blocks, but it that still blows up throw mash (giving you a CH combo into Dash Spring B) and gives you time to DP.

Another option is to 5C from afar. You should recover into to get a CH 5A and go into Dash Spring B.

Kunai works pretty well against her I think. Especially if they try to sit and AA a lot. Any other time I usually hit Thanatos since most Elizabeths seem to never lift their finger off the C button.

Instant block the laser for some free meter and use that to boost your offense where you see fit.

Break her persona and I imagine she will want to j.B a lot more since it's probably the move w/o Thanatos that can annoy us. If possible, run under and 2B, otherwise look for 5B and punish as mentioned above.

Throwing out Jiraiya doesn't seem too amazing of an option seeing as how Elizabeth is usually sitting on her ass having Thanatos throw out hitboxes and J.B also can beat him. If anything, throw him out after you see her commit to a button (Specifically whenever a j.B would whiff) in the air and run behind him.

Also you can break free of her DP just by teching like it was a regular grab. I'm pretty sure if it's CH though you can't, also like a regular grab. So this is also an option, but of course DPing back would be better.

Very helpful insight chaz.

I would like to add, if you ever get dp'd by her and she does meaty maragidyne;

+ if it isn't counter hit, you could super jump, air dash to the other side and land. You have enough time to 2C fatal lol.

+ if it's counter hit, it's a knockdown. So you can either delay your tech, wait for the flames then tech as you will avoid the flames. Or you could super jump air dash but you won't make it in time to 2c fatal.

DO NOT EX DASH SPRING IF IT'S A CH DP.

Oh and go for meaty j.B's in this matchup. She can't do alot about it cept block. She could dp but you can tech

the sweep, kunai's, j.5D & 5D jiraiya are you best tools for fighting liz. This is one of the matchups where you can't be as "reckless" because liz 5b has so much range & her 2b is pretty good.

superjumping & baiting her beams with kunai's can get some free damage & a card break!

make sure to prioritize safety against liz and use your burst wisely!