Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke vs Kanji

For the love of god, make sure you duck his air dive grab. You get a free 2C fatal counter. Also, I'm sure many of you have figured this out, but if your paralyzed and Kanji keeps going for command grab, you can short hop and punish

For the love of god, make sure you duck his air dive grab. You get a free 2C fatal counter. Also, I'm sure many of you have figured this out, but if your paralyzed and Kanji keeps going for command grab, you can short hop and punish

Can you duck the grab from anywhere?

It's pretty easy to 2b it as well. obviously 2c fatal counter is what you want, but if you choke up or something, you can fall back on 2b for your air combo

Keep in mind it'll be a 2b CH too so you'll be able to do something like: 2b CH>2c>236B>J.236aa>J.236aa>J.236d

But yeah in general, duck it and FC 2c it for free.

Kanji can't really do anything about Moonsault as long as you mix up your A and B versions. He pretty much has to take your mixup. Kunai if you get scared.

His lightning doesn't track you, it hits three spots on the field. 2D is close, 5D is medium, j.D is full.

I assume he can still air grab you for free though if you're being predictable?

That and his godlike R-Action can easily punish careless moonsaults.

Also you can R-Action it. The trouble I have with kanji mu is the traditional guessing game of what to do when he has oki on you. Try to jump out and get hit, Short hop his grab, or R-action. Uhg I really really hate Kanji's R-Action though, if you block and then instantly try to 2c it WILL hit your persona regardless. How stupid is that..

More or less always try to cover your approach against Kanji using j.D or other knocked down setups.

Also, Kanji is just awful and has no real option against you at your mid range 5C/2C range so take advantage of that. There's really nothing he can do other than block on his wake up if you space right and meaty C hits.

And if he eats your C attack with his R-Action, follow up with 2C FC all day, everyday.

Pretty damn easy match up for Yosuke imo if you play the match up properly and stay at that distance where he doesn't have much of an answer for your gimmicks and you'll do fine. Just know due to Yosuke's low health, two bad decisions can lead to your death.

Something interesting that you could try against a Kanji if you don't want to get near him. Pressure him with Jiraiya from across the field. 5D out, then you have 5C, 2C, and 5DD available. If he hits your persona because you make a frame trap mistake, big deal, it's a card, Yosuke is do mobile we can wait ten seconds.

this feels almost like valk-tager. Iad back j.D and run away all of time. And punish if he does something wrong with 236AB/236B or just dash 5A. Beware of rolls, if he read your 5C/2C you'll have some troubles.

One of my all time favorite matchups and reviving this dead thread is what I live for. ANYWAYS, Kanji won't have the time to get in his fatals due to Yosuke's speed, yet his 5A and grabs often keep us at bay from going in too hard on Kanji. Also, whenever I get hit by Kanji's DP, if I am able to tech before hitting the ground, I can AERIAL UKEMI over Kanji and tag him with JA for a full combo and taking away paralysis. I think Kanji's answer is to use his anti-air persona grab "GOTCHA!!" C version to counter this tactic, but he needs to predict you doing it. Throwing out the various Ds often are pretty helpful, even more so in this fight.

I'm not really sure that Sukukaja benefits us in this match because Kanji can catch us blindly running in with his D grab, but our extra speed shall keep that man from hugging us inappropriately ;3 Although in my personal preference, and the numerous years fighting a grappler friend of mine, rushing down constantly has always been my answer for this matchup because you can get away with so much and not have to worry about anything until awakening Kanji happens.

Now in awakening, Kanji gets access to his 720, (Which is a pretty dumb choice for balancing a grappler but OK) and after the 6 frames until the superflash, if you are not a fair distance away, already jumping, DPing or anything not near kanji, that shit is a zero frame grab and kiss nearly half or 60% of your health gewdbai. This is the part of the match where I can easily recommend doing the lame out approach that any sane Yosuke would do at this time.

So in summary, Kanji has some options, but we easily have more, plus mobility. Kanji only has to get one knockdown to turn things around so hover around midrange and pepper him with various persona attacks and stagger every ONCE in a while. Yosuke by default can get away with numerous dumbass things, but once Kanji gets into awakening, that is when you lay off and just annoy him from long range, because trust me, Kanji's can come back after a well placed 720.

I personally think this is 5-5, but I know I am wrong, ONLY because I just loooooove rushing down Kanji and Kanji practically LIIIIIIIIVES off of knockdowns. I apologize if this post dragged on ^^;