Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CP] Carl Clover Loketest Changes and Discussions Thread

Time for a more badass swagged out carl

post-12204-139515171502_thumb.jpg

:CA:Same rules apply as before everything in red is still under speculation.:CA:

-Cantabile can no longer be combo with just carl

-anima can now be blocked

-3D forces KD

-Cantada trajectory changed, enemy flies downwards incredibly fast.. impossible to combo fermata anymore or a second cantada( most likely even in corner as well)

-5B no longer jump cancellable on block

-2C less hitstun

-J2c has less hitstun, j2c allecan 5b wont connect.. might be able to do 2b instead (speculation)

-2D damage nerf

-Brio's auto-guard has more startup, easier to hit her out of it

-A vivace lost its projectile invincibility

-2D proration nerf

+Allegreto trajectory changed so that carl does a secondary animation where he floats higher up into the sky.

+Anima can now be combo'ed

+Jc gattilings into j2c

+allegreto now has new wall bound property

+Alegreto has less recovery

+Fermata minimum damage buffed from 900 to 1200

+6D causes slide on air hit

+New move 46D ada does a swift spin were she attacks with one hand reeling/clawing the opponent closer

+Carls new 25% meter attack looks alot like 6c, he glows white then preforms a 6c animation except there is a propeller blade coming out of his hat or is that the toys head,, its hard to tell.

+AH changed so that now ada teleports infront of carl and does a small localized explosion instantly

+2C causes wall bound propert

+Astral changed to the same animation as relius

+Volante launches on ground hit

+New move is called Terrezza Has a little more reach then our 6D so its very reliable as a poke

+Whiffed allegreto is harder to punish due to the secondary animation, carl recovers directily after the secondary 'jump' animation.

+New astral

+Cantabile has 120% bonus proration

*Grab trajectory changed: enemy no flies almost directly upwards now

*4D trajectory/startup animation changed : Adas second hit aims almost directly vertical now

*2D height reduced

*Anima causes KD

New Changes

+6B>2C gattling added

+5C jump cancel on block

+5a and 2a both gattling into themselves twice 5a>5a possible

+Allegreto has way faster recovery,, almost impossible to punish.

+Allegreto can be combo'ed with a air dash attack due to its fast recovery

+6C and Anima are now both fatals

+Anima causes bounce raw, causes KD when comboed into

+Ja faster startup

+Cantabile does 770 dmg raw O.O holy shit

+Nirvanas health recovers faster (The rate of the recovery is the same)

*OD causes property changes on Ada, 6D staggers ALWAYS, Fuacco has way faster startup, and ROM does a different animation ending with fermata (Does not consume heat) that you can still combo from.

*Brio does one hit

*New move La terrezzan has even stronger pull then previous locktest

*Charged 6C causes bounce

-Cantada min dmg changed to 400

-Nirvana has less health

New Changes from locktest Videos

+Vivace~A: Has projectile inv again (Carl used it to evade a burst vs Ragna) and what appears to be upper body inv, he went threw ragnas 6a with it. This could just be due to Ragna 6a nerf but i doubt it.

+Vivace~B: Has more inv frames around the end of the move

+6a on CH launches high compared to EX version

+6B on CH causes a spin animation similar to Haku-mens 6D counter

+6D does about 900 damage clean

-8D smp on 8D has gotten alot worse carl cannot do 2 per combo the enemy WILL INSTANT TECH off the second 8D

-j2c hitbox nerf.. although it only whiffed on Tager and Noel in the air. WHile sliding on the ground from 6D it whiffed, might be cause of the way they slide from the 6D so this is still iffy

For a quick over view we lost our UB loop, however the reset itself is still doable but looping it is impossible. In exchange we gained possible the highest average damage output midscreen, while our corner combos do just as much damage without the need of the meter. At the same time our oki has gotten as good as it was in CS1,, we may not be able to force stranding but we are damn sure getting more damage in return.

I dont believe the Carl nerfs are there apparently Carl has been raping in CP

as always however he is very good in early builds but receives nerfs in thefinal builds

however i hope they give Ada more specials and armor if theyre "nerfing" Carl that much

...he was fine in Extend its silly to change him

carl has received all nerfs mentioned he may not still have then seeing as how this is a locktest and thing change with each variation,,, just because hes still good doesnt mean he didnt get nerfed. His buffs make him a very dangerous on the offensive end. Are damage output is by far the highest right now then it has been in any version of the game.

Akira, some edits you need to make.

Make sure to put this as the CP loketest changes. This isn't the real game yet.

It's 6D that causes slide. 5D does nothing on nirvana.

5B is no longer jump cancellable on block. It should still be jump cancellable on hit.

Other than that nice work. Where'd you find that allegretto gets a wall bound?

Also, I have something to add. In the carl mirror video I saw 2C give a wall bound, though I don't know how untechable it is. It will help solo carl corner combos, but looks like it'll be harder to combo with nirvana in the corner.

indeed he seems so much more legit,, i am awaiting for this wonderful new transition from looper to character ^-^ this is so exciting

judging from the changes we got so far,, i believe we are so gonna be S-tier

indeed he seems so much more legit,, i am awaiting for this wonderful new transition from looper to character ^-^ this is so exciting

judging from the changes we got so far,, i believe we are so gonna be S-tier

YAY!!!! S-tier char with S-tier learning curve, so perfect >:3

The Japanese are claiming that this guy is probably the scariest to fight against in this current version and those vids ive seen make him seem like Makoto in CS2 in other words and unbearable character to fight against

its crazy, i do expect a change though

The Japanese are claiming that this guy is probably the scariest to fight against in this current version and those vids ive seen make him seem like Makoto in CS2 in other words and unbearable character to fight against

its crazy, i do expect a change though

i would actually be hyped for a makoto tier carl if they heavily nerfed him in the next installment

He is more dependent on Nirvana midscreen, however in the corner allegreto wall bounds along with 2c. This would easily make our solo carl options as nirvana regains her health in corner combo's allot more flexible. Not only that but our air hitconfirms all can end in 8D oki ender. Our jc now gattlings into j2c meaning a random ja can turn into ja>jc>j2c(22D)>jb>jb>jc>j2c>jc>*random Ada attack* into another combo into 8D ender. This combo has got to chain the enemy roughly from any one side to the opposite position on the screen without needed ada. So we get super amazing corner carry from almost any air hit, amazing damage from practically no effort in combos and we also still have our (Shitty, fradulent, if not mashable) UB setups. But i feel as tho this is how we should be, a glass cannon was suppose to be the basis of carl. No Hp but high damage output and lockdown. We are not good at catching the opponent however once we do catch them they are dead without a doubt. Our flaw was oki and our normals were not all that good but due to or loops we didnt have that big of an issue.

As of now the same rules apply only we cannot loop the enemy until they die, instead we hit them twice and they die lol i think of it as being a bit funny.... but fair. The whole catch me if you can was getting a little annoying in this game.

Is it only me or I think Carl OD make Nirvana move faster like Nirvana in Unlimited Carl? @_@a

They already confirmed that carls OD does not make Ada faster or stronger, they are still confused as to what its actual function does yet

Btw Nirvana could do 12 8Ds in a row this loketest. In CSEX she can only do 6 max.

It is believed that his OD didn't have any special proprieties as of this loketest, so look for the next test. Though it might be that his OD isn't that good in general, and just offers small buffs to nirvana.

I wonder how the astral system will work now. I do hope they change it so that all characters have a hard time to do astrals, not just Carl. Or just make it so that Carl doesn't do the activation pose, because that pause doesn't allow Carl to link a combo afterwards into it. I hope for the former though, astrals should be impractical stylish crud that requires a lot more involvement than just 5C>5D>astral lolol

I would prefer that his astral stay that way, its fun seeing your opponent panicking trying to escape but they cant coz u are holding the end of the other screen xD, or desperately trying to escape and got grab or cantabille instead xD.

Btw Nirvana could do 12 8Ds in a row this loketest. In CSEX she can only do 6 max.

It is believed that his OD didn't have any special proprieties as of this loketest, so look for the next test. Though it might be that his OD isn't that good in general, and just offers small buffs to nirvana.

I wonder how the astral system will work now. I do hope they change it so that all characters have a hard time to do astrals, not just Carl. Or just make it so that Carl doesn't do the activation pose, because that pause doesn't allow Carl to link a combo afterwards into it. I hope for the former though, astrals should be impractical stylish crud that requires a lot more involvement than just 5C>5D>astral lolol

If it is as you say then my original hypothesis about carls OD removing same move proration & same move cost on nirvana may be right,, the best way to make carl godly in his OD is to allow us to spam one ada move per combo lol j2c>jc>2D xN lol

Seems like they're reworking his astral a bit. It's kinda similar to The Puppeteer's Altar (Relius' astral), basically she appears where Carl is and does an attack.

AHは姉が前に召喚されてから攻撃判定がでて演出になってるけど性能はまだよくわかってない

Seems like they're reworking his astral a bit. It's kinda similar to The Puppeteer's Altar (Relius' astral), basically she appears where Carl is and does an attack.

AHは姉が前に召喚されてから攻撃判定がでて演出になってるけど性能はまだよくわかってない

I like this a lot more than the explosion because certain characters can literally just fly away during my animation >__>

Meh, this is nice. I would've loved to see an installment where they actually made explosion somewhat useful, but I'll take a comboable astral I guess. Wonder if you can get the astral from a j.5C, considering Relius' last I knew was extremely comboable to the point where 3C>astral worked.

On another note, I saw in one of the new videos that volante will now launch an opponent from the ground now. Now I just hope it can get faster start up so I can use it more defensively, because it would be boss to get oki/sandwich setups while playing defensively with nee-san throwing pot shots full screen. Carl is basically becoming how I like. If they just tweak a couple things, I'd never want him to be changed again.

Pretty sure everyone is getting it from the JBBS. I can't read any of that, but if you want a link, here give it a shot.

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1329213212/l50

I could be on the completely wrong page, but I couldn't find a link to CP anywhere on it, so I just went straight to carl.