Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CP] Carl Clover Loketest Changes and Discussions Thread

hmm thanks alot actually

im not sure how this combo makes any sense but it says su stuff into brio then jb>j2c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc this specific repetition would only be possible if we had our old j2c back,,, meaning we can assume we have are old j2c back allowing us to preform it as many times as we want so long as we are air born...

Also it looks as if there is a proration problem with 2D, the said 5b>2D nets around 1k while 5b brio nets about 1.7k

An further down they begin to talk about how cantabile 6D vivace is possible but kinda strict,, im assuming they mean in OCN position to put them into CON position for a combo would be difficult due to the recovery off of a cantabile we looking at a last minute time'd 6D to provide us time to swap positions as they get hit and begin the slide animation. THey also said that 4D woulnd work due to the second hits hitbox.

However due to the fact that they are looking for a combo filler that does nothing but solidifiy our suspicions of using 2D meaning that it is no longer good to do in combos anymore. Ladies and gentle men i believe our 2D has been nerfed.

A little later on towards the end one of the posters talked about how we shouldnt get to down, we can still get a a little bit higher then 6k from a simple combo.... then others talk about how a lack of creativity and stuff,,, ugh kinda iffy dont take to much of it to heart. Im very shitty at this

Well it good to be in a character forum where atleast someone can translate no matter what their level of skill is. Thanks.

Well it good to be in a character forum where atleast someone can translate no matter what their level of skill is. Thanks.

Definitely agree.

lol i second that notion all the way,, i never played carl against a hakumen for that exact reason. But now we body them like they never deserved it.

So has anyone heard anything about Carl's astral? Is it exactly like Relius' now? I heard someone had hit with it in the previous loketest but nothing happened when it hit, supposedly a bug I guess. It would be sweet if you could use it as a reversal like Relius :P

I heard that it reduced Ada's recovery time to make it like the UNL version, however the startup frames were still the same was the regular version? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

They said that Adas damage, Hp, and recovery were not changed at all during our OD. It was also confirmed that we dont get a damage buff either, however it was confirmed that we were able to rep 8D x18 which is impossible in this version due to SMP and regular proration, and in this game (EX) we can loop it i think 6 times before they tech in the air. SO its lead to believe that our OD removes SMP & SMP cost on Ada

Even without OD, nirvana can do 12 8Ds in a row without dying in the first loketest. Though if you hit the opponent and it's the second hit of the clap, then the opponent can tech in the air (so no more double clap>fermata).

Other things that weren't mentioned are: 1)A vivace is now useless outside combos and tight pressure because it lost projectile invulnerability.

2)Brio got nerfed a bit, ergo = no more 5C>Cantabile>brio>dash allegretto>brio>dash allegretto>brio pressure in the corner (she can get hit out of the animation even easier now).

Other things that weren't mentioned are: 1)A vivace is now useless outside combos and tight pressure because it lost projectile invulnerability.

2)Brio got nerfed a bit, ergo = no more 5C>Cantabile>brio>dash allegretto>brio>dash allegretto>brio pressure in the corner (she can get hit out of the animation even easier now).

This is kinda painful. Moreso vivace for me because I dodge projectiles with it all the time.

They are REALLY making it hard for us to get in now =/. And if we do get in, we lost out jump cancel on 5b. Our damage better be amazing.

They are REALLY making it hard for us to get in now =/. And if we do get in, we lost out jump cancel on 5b. Our damage better be amazing.

Wait what? When did we lose 5B jump cancel? I thought it was only on block that we couldn't cancel it? Just like in CSE. I really hope this isn't true.

It is only on block that we lost. I swore though that that was in CSE. Show's how much I played Extend hahaha. still though, viv A nerf sucks. I really hope we get some insane corner carry, because that and low/command grab mix up is all we're missing from having just about every amazing offensive option in this game.

Us losing our chase down options is to be expected, we can get about 6k once we catch the opponent and we have a legit oki tool now so it would be almost impposible to escape us not only that our corner carry is absolutely amazing thanks to our jc j2c gattling. Picking up like a boss

lol every time someone posts, I'm like "YEAH, new Carl news!" but then it's just a random post. I hope we see some good stuff at TGS. I'm hoping we get to hear some of Carl's remixed theme too.

i hope they fix the bug it has,,, apparently they did 3c AH and all ada did was teleport and do a small explosion (Kinda like deadpools exploding belt from MVC3 im assuming), ada had died but the person was still alive.

I was seeing so many people ranting about "got nerf this and that!!", and my Blazblue friend decreasing (especially those who main Hakumen :<). sorry if It feels random, gomen.

Aaaaaany waaaay, how is the 2nd loketest result on carl? any news, PKTAZN just gave tsubaki second loketest result in complete report.

How about carl???, why there's no love for carl? T_T

Well Carl wasn't covered to extensively in the second loketest. We saw a few new things, but overall it was the same, so we basically merged the info on the op anyway. We will just have to hope for some good coverage at TGS so we have something to bide our time with.

Edit: I also have a theory that 46D will be god-like. All I can say is if I'm right, holy shit S-tier would not be out of the question. 89 P1 super poke here we come.